Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Coming "Out of the Closet is liberating!"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 03:59 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4553 Times on 2201 Posts
Likes Given: 1361

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
Its all about challenging social norms and though challenge desensitizing the public and in so doing change the social norms.

I applaud all who do!!

I make my living with my security clearance and even a false arrest is still something I have to explain to Big Brother on my form 73.. so I would never OC on my own.

But i might at a rally.
Exactly!

Tack

Old 04-29-2013, 05:10 AM   #22

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

My argument for those that are not in agreement with OC is this.

People are not used to seeing a citizen with a pistol open because we have been brow beaten to see things as others want them. WE are a civilized society, we are so much past the wild west. And to that I call Bull Pucky! We are still people that live in a dangerous world. And when seconds matter police are minutes away. We have a right to protect ourselves and I see no tactical advantage to hiding a weapon.Criminals do that too, but I don't think it has to do with tactical advantage. I thin it has more to do with I want to put this gun somewhere and I have not found a holster to steal yet. So I just put it in my waistband. Bottom line is gun owners have allowed non gun owners to dictate weather or not they are allowed to follow the law. That makes a ton of sense to me. Being I know they have my best interest at heart......right?

I have yet to see or hear of an OC person having their gun taken from them while it is still in a holster. I'll wager that if thy have had their weapon taken from them they had it happen while it was in their hand and they just didn't have the acorns to drop the hammer and where trying to scare the bad guy.
The only big advantage CC has is other people can't see you have a gun so they don't call the cops on you. If more people exorcised their right to carry open then maybe people wouldn't get their civilized dope smoking hippy arses out of joint so easily. A right is a right is a right. To support one and say the other si not important makes us hypocrites. You don't have to agree with open carry. But you all should be willing to defend the right as adamantly as any other right we still posses. I despise flag burning in protest but I wont allow the free expression to be hindered.

Now in saying that I will add this.
There are asshats in the world. And some of those cheeked hatstands will call a cop about you carrying open. And that will get some LEO out to visit with you. Do yourself and every other gun owner a favor and don't be a combative douche. Be friendly and allow the officer to get through and you both are on your way in just a sec. This will do you and everyone else a great service as cops will start to remember and they are not going to stop and shake you down time and again. They most the time really have more important things to do. Remember while you are exorcizing your rights to police you are a man with a gun they cot a call on. and you have on idea what the caller said. They might have made you out to be some nut. And acting like an ass will not help that. You can be firm in your rights and still be friendly.

If open carry is legal then there should never be a reason for curtailing it. I wouldn't be too high on doing it on a really crowded place but I usually don't find myself in really crowded places anyway. And when I am I usually don't have a gun on me. I opt for a knife that is both easier to keep track of and I think is of better use in very close conditions.

I'm proud of you Tack, you tried something and had a good time. It's always great when there are gatherings like that and everyone gets along contrary to what libs think has to happen. You where around a bunch of gun toting people and no one went on a killing spree. I'm sure it was hard to keep your composure..

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 04-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #23

Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
It was a "pun" JoFu...

But I am curious? Did you need to search out that link? Or just quick
Post it from the top of you list of "favorites"

Tack
haha Homepage of course!

I'm not much of an OC or CC guy, but its good to read about these get togethers. May have to keep an eye open for one nearby.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1630 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 805

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxImpactGuns View Post
I'm sorry but I'm all for OC.When someone can give me some valid factual statistics in an instance where a bad guy has overtaken a good guy successfully by removing the weapon from an OC'er then I'll have a different view. But I've never heard of that happening. Majority of people who see someone with a gun walking around are NOT going to mess with you. I'm aware of my surroundings at all times. Very very cautious anymore simply because I don't trust anyone. People need to get a reverse effect on seeing a firearm in the open that is not a police officer. Personally I'd rather carry concealed, but I think those who have to option and wish to carry open should and would more than likely not get messed with other than by police.
Here is the problem with the world today. People will not listen to commons sense, they insist on 'valid factual statistics' instead of plain old wisdom!!
I said it last time this came up. NO ONE is collecting data about this so there are no 'valid factual statistics' for those people to skew as they want.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 04-30-2013, 03:12 AM   #25

Thanks DJ...

I was a little concerned my Kimber might see all those other guns on hips and decide to find out who was fastest... but to my dismay... she never even twitched?

Not sure how I could explain that one to Pierce Morgan?

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
My argument for those that are not in agreement with OC is this.

People are not used to seeing a citizen with a pistol open because we have been brow beaten to see things as others want them. WE are a civilized society, we are so much past the wild west. And to that I call Bull Pucky! We are still people that live in a dangerous world. And when seconds matter police are minutes away. We have a right to protect ourselves and I see no tactical advantage to hiding a weapon.Criminals do that too, but I don't think it has to do with tactical advantage. I thin it has more to do with I want to put this gun somewhere and I have not found a holster to steal yet. So I just put it in my waistband. Bottom line is gun owners have allowed non gun owners to dictate weather or not they are allowed to follow the law. That makes a ton of sense to me. Being I know they have my best interest at heart......right?

I have yet to see or hear of an OC person having their gun taken from them while it is still in a holster. I'll wager that if thy have had their weapon taken from them they had it happen while it was in their hand and they just didn't have the acorns to drop the hammer and where trying to scare the bad guy.
The only big advantage CC has is other people can't see you have a gun so they don't call the cops on you. If more people exorcised their right to carry open then maybe people wouldn't get their civilized dope smoking hippy arses out of joint so easily. A right is a right is a right. To support one and say the other si not important makes us hypocrites. You don't have to agree with open carry. But you all should be willing to defend the right as adamantly as any other right we still posses. I despise flag burning in protest but I wont allow the free expression to be hindered.

Now in saying that I will add this.
There are asshats in the world. And some of those cheeked hatstands will call a cop about you carrying open. And that will get some LEO out to visit with you. Do yourself and every other gun owner a favor and don't be a combative douche. Be friendly and allow the officer to get through and you both are on your way in just a sec. This will do you and everyone else a great service as cops will start to remember and they are not going to stop and shake you down time and again. They most the time really have more important things to do. Remember while you are exorcizing your rights to police you are a man with a gun they cot a call on. and you have on idea what the caller said. They might have made you out to be some nut. And acting like an ass will not help that. You can be firm in your rights and still be friendly.

If open carry is legal then there should never be a reason for curtailing it. I wouldn't be too high on doing it on a really crowded place but I usually don't find myself in really crowded places anyway. And when I am I usually don't have a gun on me. I opt for a knife that is both easier to keep track of and I think is of better use in very close conditions.

I'm proud of you Tack, you tried something and had a good time. It's always great when there are gatherings like that and everyone gets along contrary to what libs think has to happen. You where around a bunch of gun toting people and no one went on a killing spree. I'm sure it was hard to keep your composure..

Old 04-30-2013, 03:16 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Here is the problem with the world today. People will not listen to commons sense, they insist on 'valid factual statistics' instead of plain old wisdom!!
I said it last time this came up. NO ONE is collecting data about this so there are no 'valid factual statistics' for those people to skew as they want.
Very true... And it shows the importance of OC activity.

It's much harder to convince a "soccer Ewe" that guns are evil if she sees trusted neighbors carrying them.

Tack

Old 04-30-2013, 04:29 AM   #27

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Open carry rally?

Oh! We call it "when a bunch of rednecks get together."

Fun stuff

Old 05-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #28

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Yep if open carry is legal where you live do it often. I used to live in Wilkes-Barre,PA and open carried all the time. It's legal in PA but not many people do it which is why idiots tended to call the cops whenever I decided to OC in public. Cops just ran my ID then told me to have a nice day most of the time, only had 1 negative experience with a cop because of my choice to OC and I made sure that cop lost his badge.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1630 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 805

The progressive agenda indoctrinates their 'useful idiots' to fear guns and to label all those who are armed and not 'agents of the government' as 'bad people'! It starts in grade school. If you don't believe me just a grade school age child whose parents have not educated them about guns some questions about guns and you will see what I am saying is true.
So these 'useful idiots' contact the government and report those 'bad people', no surprise here. It just shows the progressives are winning the war!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 05-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1164 Times on 570 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Florida has yet to approve open carry, and if they do, I am not sure I would. I would rather have the ability to reveal my gun at my advantage. I have no problem with open carry, and the few that I do see, I assume are LEOs, but they could just be open carry proponants pushing the envelope. I would like to see it approved in Florida, even if all it does for me is shield me from an accidental opening in my cover. Supposed to be irrelevant now, but there are reports of it not being so with the Libs crying out in fear.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!