Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Colt shuts down production, buses workers to CT legislature to protest threat to 400

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1764 Times on 1003 Posts
Likes Given: 3533

Default Colt shuts down production, buses workers to CT legislature to protest threat to 400

This is hot off the gun wire site:

http://www.bob-owens.com/2013/03/colt-shuts-down-production-buses-workers-to-ct-legislature-to-protest-threat-to-400-jobs/

The President of Colt Manufacturing shut down his plant yesterday to protest the witch hunt in Connecticut:

Quote:
The president of one of the nation’s oldest gun manufacturers closed down his Connecticut factory Thursday morning and bused 400 of his workers to the state Capitol so they could personally urge lawmakers not to pass gun control legislation that they say could risk their livelihoods.

Dennis Veilleux, president of the Hartford-based Colt’s Manufacturing Co., said even though he has spoken with legislators and Gov. Dannel P. Malloy’s staff about his trepidations several times, he believes they don’t truly understand the financial ramifications of the legislation being proposed in the wake of the deadly Dec. 14 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.

State officials have listened to the concerns he and other Connecticut gun company officials have voiced, “but I would say it’s more pacifying us,” Veilleux said. That’s why he decided to rent 10 buses and bring over his first shift workers, plus some second- and third-shift ones, and some suppliers.

“These are the faces of the jobs at Colt,” Veilleux said in an interview with The Associated Press while riding on a bus back to the factory. “Each of these people represents other people in the state. They represent the community and, in a lot of cases, they’re the breadwinners of their families. And more and more, manufacturing jobs are hard to come by.”

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 946 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 504

Time to add to the Colt collection to fund a move the hell out of Ct.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 1003 Posts
Likes Given: 3533

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
Time to add to the Colt collection to fund a move the hell out of Ct.
Mossberg and Stag Arms were getting grill by the anti-gun liberal / hippie hag in CT yesterday. Read the article somewhere else and now cannot find it!

Old 03-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2650 Times on 1545 Posts
Likes Given: 1176

Well, that made me rearrange the safe so I can add a Colt to it.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

CaseyChadwell Likes This 
Old 03-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 916 Posts
Likes Given: 351

I don't think logic will win vs the emotion these gun grabbers seem to feed on. Sadly

Old 03-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #6

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

I'm not a fan if colt, mainly because they're so expensive I can't afford one, but I will keeping my eye out for a deal to help support that company.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #7

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter
I don't think logic will win vs the emotion these gun grabbers seem to feed on. Sadly
It will start to matter when they have to arm their security details with Mosin Nagants.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 03-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2650 Times on 1545 Posts
Likes Given: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
It will start to matter when they have to arm their security details with Mosin Nagants.
Let's petition that the VP security detail be armed with double barreled shotguns first.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 03-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #9

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Colt needs to move from that state period. I almost don't even want a colt because that state is stamped on their lowers! Lol

Old 03-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #10

Liked 427 Times on 236 Posts

Try living here!!!!

I have talked with a few of the state legislators about some of their proposed bills. When I throw logic at them I always get the same response...... A blank stare.