Colorado, are you prepared?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Colorado, are you prepared?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1143 Times on 603 Posts
Likes Given: 684

Default Colorado, are you prepared?

If this bill passes the Senate say good by to the pump shotgun. The Governor said he will sign it.

Article and short video out of Denver.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/01/popular-standard-shotgun-could-be-banned-under-proposed-bill/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #2

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Lets not get too misleading.
Included on that hideous bill (that wont pass) is legislation saying that shotgun mag tubes holding 8+ will be included on the ban list. Thats ONLY possible in most cases when you install aftermarket extension tubes, or in models like the Saiga. Most standard pumps hold 6+1.....Im going to go way out on a limb and venture to say more than 90% of pumps hold under 7 shells in the mag tube

"say goodbye to the pump shotgun" is false and misleading. I HATE every part of this bill as much as anyone but lets not stir mania just yet.

Last edited by StainlessSteel215; 03-02-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1143 Times on 603 Posts
Likes Given: 684

I'll take Brophy at his word.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2066 Times on 1223 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Don't forget, progressives are the most dishonest, ruthless people in the world. I don't know how many time ,in my youth, I have said "that don't make sense, it will never happen" and you can see where we are today!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 03-03-2013, 03:06 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Included on that hideous bill (that wont pass) is legislation saying that shotgun mag tubes holding 8+ will be included on the ban list. Thats ONLY possible in most cases when you install aftermarket extension tubes, or in models like the Saiga. Most standard pumps hold 6+1.....Im going to go way out on a limb and venture to say more than 90% of pumps hold under 7 shells in the mag tube

"say goodbye to the pump shotgun" is false and misleading. I HATE every part of this bill as much as anyone but lets not stir mania just yet.
Yes 7 total but doesnt the bill say "or convertable to more than 8" or some such language.

Any 1100 or 1187 and probably the pump 870 can be converted to more ammo...

Old 03-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 402 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Any tube fed shotgun that has a threaded cap on the end of the tube is readily convertible to accept more ammunition and would therefore be banned on CO. Basically from what I understand of the law is that anything that is not a muzzle loader would be banned. I may have missed the part about muzzle loaders though.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

Old 03-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 789 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 455

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post

Keep in mind how the anti-gunners work. If they can get this passed it will prove they can restrict the number of shells.

Next it will be a requirement that a permanent plug be installed to allow no more than three shells.

Same game as with restricting magazine capacity.

Foot in the door.

Ultimate goal?

Single shot and permit issued by local police or Sheriffs department to buy up to six shells in any calendar year?

IMO, in today’s climate, not out of the question!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

What is as bad or worse is the part of the bill that says that the the state can hold the manufacturer of the firearm legally responsible for the actions of the person that uses it in a criminal activity.

Jim B.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #9

Liked 117 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Don't forget, progressives are the most dishonest, ruthless people in the world. I don't know how many time ,in my youth, I have said "that don't make sense, it will never happen" and you can see where we are today!!!
I think it's about time to retire the term "progressive" and go back to calling them what they really are. LIBERAL IDIOTS!

Old 03-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2066 Times on 1223 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxpress View Post
I think it's about time to retire the term "progressive" and go back to calling them what they really are. LIBERAL IDIOTS!
In my world there are only types of people, traditionalists, and progressives!
I get real up set with all this 'D' or 'R' and 'L' or 'C'!
Do as you please in 'your' world!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!