Colorado Universities ok certain dorms for ccw students - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Colorado Universities ok certain dorms for ccw students

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'm a little surprised by the reactions in here so far to this story. The story is not that they are deciding to allow CCW on campus. The story is they tried to prohibit it and the case went to the Supreme Court who ruled that their ban on weapons was not legal. The University has responded to that by notifying the CCP-holding students shortly before the school year that they are being reassigned rooms in order to put them in a segregated weapons-allowed dorm(s).

While it is great news for these students that they'll be able to bring their weapon to school, it is outrageous that the school will effectively be outing those students who carry concealed.

Of course, if god-forbid a crazed gunman decides to go on a rampage on their campus, you know where he won't go. I know that if I was a student there without a CCP I'd be applying to get moved into those dorms.

Last edited by RichNH; 08-21-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: clarification