Colorado: This Sessionís Most Unconstitutional Bill to be Introduced Tomorrow
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Colorado: This Sessionís Most Unconstitutional Bill to be Introduced Tomorrow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 04:46 AM   #1
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1844 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 3813

Default Colorado: This Sessionís Most Unconstitutional Bill to be Introduced Tomorrow

WTF! These liberal left-wing commie rats!

Well, Colorado I will never enter this state ever. I forgot to add, you will not get a penny of my money!

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2013/4/colorado-this-sessions-most-unconstitutional-bill-to-be-introduced-tomorrow.aspx

Colorado legislators are not finished devouring your constitutional rights. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse in Denver, state Representative Beth McCann (D-8) will be submitting legislation tomorrow that will nullify the right to due process for gun owners throughout Colorado.

Under this proposed language, your fundamental Second Amendment rights would hinge on the impression you make with doctors (of any sort, whether or not in a mental health specialty), therapists, counselors and social workers. These medical professionals could simply report you, your wife, son or daughter to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and have your name placed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) if they believe you pose a “significant risk” to yourself or others.

Under this proposed language, once your name has been placed on this list, you automatically lose the right to possess a firearm of any type for one full year. You may lose your constitutionally protected Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms all based upon the passing opinion of another. You receive no trial or legal proceeding where you could defend yourself and your inherent rights.

A parent who brings a child in for counseling, a person who attends a stress reduction seminar or someone who calls an employee assistance hotline after a bad day at work could be reported, without any ability to contest or answer concerns, and subject to one year prohibition from owning and possessing a firearm.

Compare this scheme to the revocation process for a driver’s license. Absent some unlawful conduct on the part of the licensee, the state could only revoke a drivers license, for which the licensee has no specific constitutional right, after a hearing proves that the licensee was somehow unqualified to have the license. This means that in Colorado, if this legislation were enacted, your constitutional rights would not compare in importance to the ability of being able to drive a car.

The unconstitutional behavior of anti-gun legislators in Denver can be tolerated no more. They are summarily destroying your hunting and shooting heritage and they are trying to take what is left of your Second Amendment rights in Colorado before the end of this legislative session.

We need you to contact Representative Beth McCann and state House Leadership TODAY AND EVERYDAY UNTIL THEY KILL THIS BILL and respectfully tell them you oppose any effort to steal away your constitutional rights!

Representative Mark Ferrandino (D-2), House Speaker
303-866-2346
E-mail: mferrandino@yahoo.com
https://twitter.com/MarkFerrandino
https://www.facebook.com/markferrandino

Representative Dickey Lee Hullinghorst (D-10), House Majority Leader
303-866-2348
E-mail: dl.hullinghorst.house@state.co.us
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dickey-Lee-Hullinghorst/108073405879629

Representative Dan Pabon (D-4), Assistant House Majority Leader
303-866-2954
E-mail: dan.pabon.house@state.co.us
https://twitter.com/RepPabon
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dan-Pabon/107558327731

Representative Lois Court (D-6), House Majority Caucus Chair
303-866-2967
E-mail: lois.court.house@state.co.us

Representative Dominick Moreno (D-32), Assistant House Majority Caucus Chair
303-866-2964
E-mail: dominick.moreno.house@state.co.us
https://twitter.com/domoreno
https://www.facebook.com/dominickmoreno

Representative Beth McCann (D-8), House Majority Caucus Whip
303-866-2959
E-mail: beth.mccann.house@state.co.us
https://twitter.com/BethMcCannHD8
https://www.facebook.com/Rep.BethMcCann

Representative Su Ryden (D-36), House Majority Deputy Whip
303-866-2942
E-mail: su.ryden.house@state.co.us
https://twitter.com/suryden
https://www.facebook.com/su.ryden

Representative Claire Levy (D-13), House Speaker Pro Tempore
303-866-2578
E-mail: claire.levy.house@state.co.us
https://twitter.com/RepClaireLevy
https://www.facebook.com/representativeclaire.levy

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 04-05-2013 at 04:48 AM.
gmaster456 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #2

Liked 703 Times on 459 Posts
Likes Given: 1931

Yup, Colorado will never see one cent from me either... I was planning a trip there this year too. Screw 'em.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
People Like This 
Old 04-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 919 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 228

One state, then another, and another. Say goodbye to freedom.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #4

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Wait, we all agree the idiots shooting up innocent people are flat out mental cases. As gun owners this is our reasoning for zero tolerance to new or further restrictions on firearms. Which I agree with btw. But who in the hell do we as responsible gun owners expect anyone to take us or that point of view seriously when we, myself Included, just as angered by the mental evaluation as I am the gun restrictions..

We say 'someone should have seen these people's mental capacity was less then normal and someone should have recognized the potential for him to flip out and shoot people'

Right? I've seen this in at least 100 threads(or more) but as soon as anyone tries to introduce legislation that would protect those of that don't need more then a close friend to talk to about a bad day at work, some people flip out.

You can't have it both ways, you can't blame the shootings on crazy people saying 'someone should have seen it coming and stopped him, blame them' then take away the people you claim should have stopped themselves ability to do so.

As someone you guys claims leans a little to the 'left' I can tell you right now this issue I'm pointing out is why people speak down about gun owners and people on the 'right'

Believe it or not, neither side 'left or right' is 100% right 100% of the time.. Kinda like a marriage, neither side is 100% all the time.. And until BOTH side start compromising we are all ****ed...

If you know 100% of half the story, you only know 50% of the whole story.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

alsaqr Likes This 
Old 04-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #5

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

Personal Protection orders do the same thing here in MI. Almost all are entered in the nationwide NCIC computer and are Ex Parte (no hearing, only one side is testifying to the judge).
It restricts movement of the respondent and possibly firearm ownership. I spoke to the judge who signs most of these orders to see how rights can be revoked with no crime committed or due process. The answer was that irreparable harm may be done if the order is not granted. Yikes!
Of course the orders are worthless. They will not stop a bullet.
So if PPO's are constitutional then this new CO law will likely stand if it passes. It will prevent irreparable harm...

Old 04-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2080 Times on 1125 Posts
Likes Given: 3124

Quote:
You can't have it both ways, you can't blame the shootings on crazy people saying 'someone should have seen it coming and stopped him, blame them' then take away the people you claim should have stopped themselves ability to do so.
^^^^^This^^^^^

Now we learn the CO theater murderer had been reported to police as a threat to the public by his shrink. Nothing was done and numerous good folks died. How strange this never came out before. The wacko piece of human excrement who murdered all those college students in VA was not supposed to be able to buy a gun. But he got one anyway.

Quote:
CENTENNIAL — Thirty-eight days before the attack on the Century Aurora 16 movie theater, the psychiatrist treating suspect James Holmes told a police officer that her patient had confessed homicidal thoughts and was a danger to the public, according to newly unsealed court documents in the murder case against Holmes.

The psychiatrist, Dr. Lynne Fenton, also told the officer that Holmes had stopped seeing her and had been threatening her in text messages and e-mails, the documents state. The officer, Lynn Whitten, responded by deactivating Holmes' key-card access to secure areas of University of Colorado medical campus buildings, according to search-warrant affidavits.
Read more: Aurora theater shooting documents: Doctor reported James Holmes was threat to public - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22955988/judge-unseals-warrants-affidavit-aurora-theater-shooting-case#ixzz2Pac2uhR3
Old 04-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #7

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that one person should be responsible for deciding mental capacity, what I saying is if we are claiming mental capacity is the issue then someone(a group or whatever) has to decide.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

gmaster456 Likes This 
Old 04-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #8
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

this is just more feel good legislation aimed at destroying liberty. It will do nothing significant to stop psychos.

First off, i am sure most of us here will agree that criminals dont obey laws.

Second, criminals/mass murderers generally dont obtain their weapons thru lawful channels.

Third, a scenario for thought. Lets say Leroy, a before hand law abiding, gun owning citizen has a safe full of guns and ammo. Then X-wife, Dr., Counselor, what have you decides to report Leroy for being unstable for whatever reason. His constitutional right to PURCHASE firearms is stripped...he already HAS a safe full of guns and ammo! If confiscation took place (i see no provision for confiscation of private property) whos to say he couldnt obtain a weapon thru channels other than "lawful".

This is back door/defacto stripping of 2a rights.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 04-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #9

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 221

anyone can practically say anything these days to the wrong person and look how far it can go before the truth comes to the surface.....

<cough>... duke lacrosse team... <cough>

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 04-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5521 Times on 2883 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Wait, we all agree the idiots shooting up innocent people are flat out mental cases. As gun owners this is our reasoning for zero tolerance to new or further restrictions on firearms. Which I agree with btw. But who in the hell do we as responsible gun owners expect anyone to take us or that point of view seriously when we, myself Included, just as angered by the mental evaluation as I am the gun restrictions..

We say 'someone should have seen these people's mental capacity was less then normal and someone should have recognized the potential for him to flip out and shoot people'

Right? I've seen this in at least 100 threads(or more) but as soon as anyone tries to introduce legislation that would protect those of that don't need more then a close friend to talk to about a bad day at work, some people flip out.

As someone you guys claims leans a little to the 'left' I can tell you right now this issue I'm pointing out is why people speak down about gun owners and people on the 'right'

Believe it or not, neither side 'left or right' is 100% right 100% of the time.. Kinda like a marriage, neither side is 100% all the time.. And until BOTH side start compromising we are all ****ed...

If you know 100% of half the story, you only know 50% of the whole story.
The difference is we arent wanting someone to lose rights by fiat of some leftist high school ged type calling themselves a counselor.

We are demanding the courts, da's, police do their damn jobs and investigate people bring mental evals up and do the work neccessary to adjudicate someone fairly and in accordance within existing laws.

Every single case of a mass shooter, that person has been well known by either the courts, police, district attournies, or medical proffessionals and completely ignored. INCLUDING LANZA AND HOLMES!!!!

We dont need new laws we need to have our g-damned public officials do their fking jobs not give up rights en-masse.

We need removal of "gun free" zones and a public policy promoting concealed carry everywhere.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This