Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   CNN ACTUALLY posts up a clear cut home invasion shooting (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/cnn-actually-posts-up-clear-cut-home-invasion-shooting-80900/)

StainlessSteel215 01-10-2013 03:01 PM

CNN ACTUALLY posts up a clear cut home invasion shooting

Small step forward for us...glad to see the debate isnt as one-sided in all the media. This was a VERY clear cut, seemingly justified home invasion defense shooting. They followed protocol as best as anyone could and it IS getting some spotlight. Hopefully it gains a bit more traction. I'm sure its the last thing they want...all this media attention after a traumatizing situation like a home invasion...but I hope they get more vocal in this battle:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t3#/video/us/2013/01/09/tsr-dnt-mattingly-mom-shoots-intruder.cnn

Mosin 01-10-2013 03:21 PM

I don't buy it, ONE BIT. Actually, I think this story is NOT a step in the right direction, but done, so they have a "recent" story to point to when accused of being biased against gun owners.

100 more anti-gun stories to follow in the next month... "You guys are biased against gun owners!!!"

"No we're not, look here, we're unbiased news reporting."

PUKE!!!!

Oh look! That rattlesnake didn't bite me! It's a step in the right direction. Maybe I'll cuddle with it tomorrow.

StainlessSteel215 01-10-2013 03:24 PM

I think you are reading into this a bit much, eh?

They reported an honest self defense incident and LOTS of eyeballs are watching it. That is a good thing for the gun community no matter how you slice it. Remember, although CNN hosts that fathead UK moron.....they are not as bad as MSNBC as far as liberal one-sided reporting.

Mosin 01-10-2013 03:27 PM

I agree with you, Stainless. Just know that I think the MSM is responsible for every single woe to plague mankind in the last 500 years. CNN even caused the black plague in Europe.

Overkill0084 01-10-2013 03:29 PM

Somewhere Ted Turner crapped himself.
Don't you worry, all involved in that story have been called into an office somewhere and told that they will need to "get their minds right" if they wish to continue working at CNN. I mean come on, "what do you think this place is, Fox News?" "An objective story involving firearms? WTF is wrong with you?" There is no way they can allow these random outbreaks of journalism to continue. It would destroy their credibility as a subsidiary of the DNC. I don't know how, but they missed the whole "Angry White Woman nearly kills Misunderstood Black Man who was simply lost and looking for directions" angle.

JonM 01-10-2013 03:34 PM

You guys arent reading it with the correct perspective. The woman used a revolver not a semi auto. They disregard the story of the little girl using her father's ar15 to defend her brother. They ignore the story of the girl using her mom's glock to shoot the rapist through the closet door but focus on revolver usage to "prove" you dont need semi autos.

You guys dont understand leftist thinking well enough.

Step one get rid of semi autos, step two handguns, step three rifles, step four shotguns, step five muzzle loaders, step 6 airguns, step 7 all other projectile weapons, step 8 fire up the ovens dig the trenches and get the quicklime stockpiled

StainlessSteel215 01-10-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1088006)
You guys arent reading it with the correct perspective. The woman used a revolver not a semi auto. They disregard the story of the little girl using her father's ar15 to defend her brother. They ignore the story of the girl using her mom's glock to shoot the rapist through the closet door but focus on revolver usage to "prove" you dont need semi autos.

You guys dont understand leftist thinking well enough.

Hmmmm, you just gave an interesting new twist on this story Jon. Missed that angle completely. However, they did hint that even 6 shots wasnt QUITE enough to stop the invader so I do like that angle.....they didnt portray the 6 shots as having stopped this man dead in his tracks.....just enough to slow him.

Again, lets just appreciate this story for what it is....a small step forward from a media outlet that traditionally aims to suppress these stories of a justified self defense case.

RJMercer 01-10-2013 06:02 PM

Given the hostility of CNN in the past towards gun owners they could drop a few $million in Wayne LaPierre's lap and I still wouldn't trust em any further that i could toss em.
Maybe they realize there's a reason they have the lowest viewership of any cable news station and they want to try to make amends? Who knows. I know it's too late for them. Give em 2 years and they'll be begging for gubmint funding to make payroll.

kbd512 01-10-2013 09:10 PM

I think CNN pretty much reports what they think will add viewers. Violence sells pretty well, so all they did was add another story on more violence. Of course CNN has an agenda. We don't have any news reporters anymore in America, all we have is "newsworthy perspective" reporting. From some certain person or group of people, this story was newsworthy.

I kinda think this should have been a local story, just like the Sandy Hook shootings. If they're serious about wanting to stop violence, then they'd consider that old adage that "violence begets violence" and not portray every violent act on national television.

It would really be nice if the news agencies would simply report what happened and then let me make up my own mind about what I think of the events of the day. I don't need five different "experts" telling me what I should think about an event. I'm perfectly capable of deciding that for myself. If other Americans are not capable of deciding for themselves what they think is important, then perhaps they shouldn't vote or make policy that restricts the ability of law abiding citizens from maintaining their rights to live, breathe, and not be victims of violent criminals.

If you are counting on any "news" agency to accurately or proportionally report any particular event or set of events, I think you're living in dream land. Life is a subjective experience by its very nature and the reporters and the people they work for will have biases from their subjective experience here on earth like all the rest of us.

It can be frustrating dealing with people who make decisions based on emotion rather than logic, but I can't think of anyone who is not psychotic who would not be emotionally affected by children murdered at an elementary school or men breaking into homes in broad daylight where women and children are present.

As for FEMA camps and sending people to the gas chambers, I don't see any of that in our immediate future. That said, I think we should stop all unconstitutional (unlawful) government orders or other immoral actions in their tracks using our elected representatives if possible and the general citizenry if necessary. That's still the best and most effective means of maintaining a government "of and for the people".

Warrior1256 01-10-2013 11:27 PM

Everyone has solid points of view. But I will happily take any aired pro-gun story I can get at this time.