Cngressional Staff Report- "Fast and Furious" - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Cngressional Staff Report- "Fast and Furious"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 47 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Latest sign:
guns_atf.jpg  

Old 07-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Respectfully, sir, what I'm not understanding here is that it is such a lower standard.

When they take their oath of office, they pledge to be our watchdogs

and try to stop this very type of thing from happening.

Instead, they traitorously break the law, and are not punished

or held accountable because they hide behind the Federal Nanny-skirt.
Yeah. It kinda pisses you off, doesn't it? It sure pisses me off.

Quote:
And Hillary?? Caught with the arm in the cookie jar all the way up to the

elbow.
If she didn't know ALL ABOUT this all along, she would have been

the first in line, as an anti-gun person, screaming for heads to roll

all the way down the line. But she's remained strangely mute on the topic,

don't you think?
If she did have any knowledge of F&F, she would have been wise to keep her mouth shut since the real objective of the plan was to create a reason for more onerous gun-control laws at the federal level.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #13

I have somewhat of an idea what happened. not to clear but im reading up on what this whole operation was supposed to be and what actually happened. it seems like a +1 for the regular joe gun owner against the BATFE.

but other than just that. what actual proof that anything, at all, with come of this. im thinking our government got its hand caught in thew cookie jar again, and they will sweep it under the rug, again. maybe one or 2 people arrested, but nothing substantial. its not like the BATFE will be desolved. laws will stay the same if not get stricter. and the news will be twisted to make this seem like a good think that happened, or they just wont report it at all.

feels like were all excited for something that everyone will just ignore anyway.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 07-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #14

Liked 2615 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

We, as responsible gun owners, don't want our government

acting irresponsibly with guns either, do we?

I'll say it again:

It's time to pour some of the "responsibility with firearms" sauce onto

the gander.

Sympathy, in my dictionary, comes between $#!+ and syphilis. These guys

need to be held up as an example to the next Federal agency which thinks of

disrespecting the American public again.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:57 PM   #15

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcprofessional View Post
......., and they will sweep it under the rug, again....... maybe one or 2 people arrested, but nothing substantial. .......
The sole purpose of the HOGRC is to expose these sorts of scandals to public scrutiny. Its up to the public to effectively pressure Congress to enact/effect reforms. The best way to "pressure Congress" now, -aside from personal contact - is to put true accounts of actual facts in your local papers. The more noise in more venues the public makes, the harder it gets for Congress or the White House to "sweep it under the rug". >MW

Old 07-31-2011, 04:58 AM   #16
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 11003 Times on 4766 Posts
Likes Given: 1808

By Gawd- we need some laws to keep guns out of the wrong hands.

Hands of the BATFE, State Department, Justice Department.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:09 PM   #17

Liked 2615 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
By Gawd- we need some laws to keep guns out of the wrong hands.

Hands of the BATFE, State Department, Justice Department.
What EVER happened to "equal justice under the law"?

Now, the foxes are raiding the hen-house, while the Fed sez

"HEY! It's OK, these are OUR foxes. But keep YOUR foxes

away from the hen-house..." WTF???

Old 07-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #18

Quote:
What EVER happened to "equal justice under the law"?

Now, the foxes are raiding the hen-house, while the Fed sez

"HEY! It's OK, these are OUR foxes. But keep YOUR foxes

away from the hen-house..." WTF???
thank you wolf. i have the feeling were being waved off while they say "ehh dont worry about it, we'll do...uh, something its ok."

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 08-01-2011, 12:02 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default Wow

Well, if Hillary Clinton did know, shes fu@#ed. Its her job to know whats going on between countries, and its up to the justice department to see that illegal things don't happen. So shame on them if they didn't know.

If Hillary Clinton didn't know, then again, she is f@#ed. Shouldn't something of this importance concerning a NEIGHBORING and UNSTABLE country be on her radar somewhere? If the justice department didn't know either, then what else has the BATFE, or any agencies, been doing in the wrong and we just haven't found out yet?

I am truly scared that not just one person, but all levels of management in the BATFE let an operation like this pass. Incredibly stupid, not just in the 20-20 hindsight either.

"Hey bob, great idea."
"Shoot." (ATF joke, hehe )
" Lets let an absolute sh!t ton of guns go over the mexican border illegally, so when the cartels kill people, like one of our border patrol agents and innocent mexicans, we can trace them and show how guns ARE going over the border!"
"-.-"
"Whats the matter bob?"
" I just don't know if thats a great idea sir... we could just track the guns already going..."
"Too hard"
"Ok, how about we..."
"Bob this isn't about doing the right thing. Come on, who do you work for?"

I'm sure that someones alarm bells must have been going off. Not to say all BATFE and LEOs are bad, but obviously some are.

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2616 Times on 1442 Posts
Likes Given: 4148

i would recommend that anyone who cares about the criminal operation known as "fast and furious" read the entire 51 page report at the link.

The gov't criminals who ran this operation did not want the ambassador to Mexico to know about their illegal gun running. They were afraid he would tell the Mexican gov't. They kept him in the dark for a very long time. It's reasonable to assume that since the US ambassador to Mexico was kept in the dark that his boss, Hillary Clinton, was kept in the dark also.

Finally the senior BATFE agent in Mexico found out about the illegal scam and notified the Mexican attorney general. The active duty and retired special operations folks who are running counterintelligence operations on the US-Mexican border are really pissed off.

BTW: It is significant that "fast and furious" started with the career bureaucrats in the Phoenix office of the BATFE: They were able to sell their political appointee bosses a total bill of goods. It was not a top down operation. Every major BATFE office is a little kingdom of its own, they do whatever they want to do.

In 1979 i was the acting commander of the EOD unit at Ft. Sill, OK. Some day i will get on here and tell you how the OK City ATF tried to force me to lie about the destruction of some ammo they confiscated from a doctor in OK City.

Last edited by alsaqr; 08-01-2011 at 11:07 AM.