Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Cliven Bundy... Patriot or Criminal?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2014, 04:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

Default Cliven Bundy... Patriot or Criminal?

I continue to hear an ever lessening trickle of of Main Stream media folks... and even a few neo con conspiracy nuts here, claim that Bundy and his supporters are criminals who committed criminal acts but...

No ones been charged?
No ones been arrested?

So.... What crime was committed?

Tack

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-28-2014, 04:13 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 843 Times on 486 Posts
Likes Given: 339

Good question. If the media and government are gonna get all high and mighty about it, it'd be nice to know what this guy did.

I, for one, am clueless regarding what this is all about.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:23 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19573 Times on 11109 Posts
Likes Given: 49278

i'll be honest. i'm still undecided as to whether he was right or wrong in his actions. i haven't seen anything that convinces me fully to commit to one side or the other.

seeing some of the actions of the BLM over the years, they are not the poster children of acting in the interests of the public. doesn't automatically make them wrong in their actions against Bundy, but a person still has to question their motives.

with some of the things that have surfaced about the situation, some of it puts the BLM in an unfavorable light in their motives for doing what they did.

but, with that said, that doesn't also automatically make Bundy the unsung hero in the situation either.

i am reserving final judgement and opinions until a later time.

mseric Likes This 
Old 06-28-2014, 04:24 AM   #4
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1697 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 3464

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Good question. If the media and government are gonna get all high and mighty about it, it'd be nice to know what this guy did.

I, for one, am clueless regarding what this is all about.
Could be about the placement of the Solar Plant and/or water rights! Remember, control the water and control the populace.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:31 AM   #5
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

I'm pretty confident he's not a hero. But a criminal? Probably not. He's a guy that ran afoul of rules that are often written specifically to be confusing and trap people. Albeit he contributed greatly to his predicament. He happened to have good PR and a whole lot of people who are fed up with the lawlessness of the current administration.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 06-28-2014, 04:58 AM   #6

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

I'm not asking if he's a hero... In my book that's and abused title that should be reserved to only those individuals who loose their lives defending others.

The question is "Patriot" or "Criminal"

In my book, a Patriot is anyone who stands up to abuse of government authority.

...and I've yet to hear what laws were broken?

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 06-28-2014 at 05:01 AM.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 06-28-2014, 06:19 AM   #7

Liked 2141 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 2083

Nothing new about that. The government killed nearly 100 people in Waco and no one was ever proven to have done anything wrong. They rounded up the Japanese citizens during WWII, none of whom did anything wrong. Why weren't German and Italian immigrants rounded up too? The FBI killed a woman with her baby in her arms at Ruby Ridge. Shot a 14 year old boy and his dog too. Later the courts found Randy Weaver did nothing wrong but it won't bring back his wife and son. Anyone who thinks this government won't murder it's own citizens is seriously deluded. Look at the list of dead people that surround the Clintons. That sure is one hell of a lot of coincidences.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1939 Times on 1040 Posts
Likes Given: 2888

One thing for sure, Bundy lied when he said the land had been in his family since the 1870s, Folks checked the land records.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/04/22/records-show-bundys-claims-bogus/

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cliven-bundy-ancestral-rights

IMO: Bundy is a criminal who should have been arrested years ago.

BTW: The feds are quietly rounding up individual deadbeat "militia" members who pointed guns at federal cops. No use making a big scene like Ruby Ridge or Waco. The feds simply wait until Bundy's "militia" guys run out of money and go home. Once home they are arrested.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #9

Liked 498 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I continue to hear an ever lessening trickle of of Main Stream media folks... and even a few neo con conspiracy nuts here, claim that Bundy and his supporters are criminals who committed criminal acts but...

No ones been charged?
No ones been arrested?

So.... What crime was committed?

Tack
It's coming!

Supporters of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy are facing an investigation by the FBI and possible criminal charges, media outlets in Las Vegas are reporting.
The FBI is looking into allegations that Bundy supporters pointed guns at federal employees and Las Vegas police officers.

“We have confirmed from multiple sources that a criminal probe is underway,” George Knapp, a reporter for Channel 8 in Las Vegas, said. “Cliven Bundy supporters have been adamant in saying to us that no weapons were aimed at feds or police, that the BLM rangers were the ones pointing guns. From the sound of things they will be given a chance to prove those allegations because the FBI is coming their way.”

http://www.offthegridnews.com/2014/05/09/fbi-investigating-bundy-supporters/

As for Bundy, he refused to pay his grazing fees to the Feds. He claimed they had no right to collect these fees. He lost in court two or three times. He continued to graze his cattle on BLM land without paying, while every other rancher in the area paid. IMO, it's kinda like not paying your rent. If you don't pay, get out, but he thought he was someone special and was "entitled" to this land because he and his family had been doing it for years.

I don't think Bundy was or is a Patriot, I think he is a Squatter. I also don't think the BLM or the Government had any right to do what they did, they crossed the line. What the BLM did is NOT how you collect an unpayed debt.

Bundy's armed supporters standing up to an overreaching Government, my hat is off to them. Bundy, not so much.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:14 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2446 Times on 1437 Posts
Likes Given: 1354

IMO, Bundy's just a "good ol' boy" who's been doing things his own way out there for decades and took exception to anyone challenging his way of life.

Technically, he's probably a criminal, but then so is our POTUS, as he was just adjudicated by our SCOTUS for his judicial recess appontments.

I see neither as patriots.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

Closed Thread