Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Citizens of Conneticutt are Rising (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/citizens-conneticutt-rising-103359/)

Triumphman 01-28-2014 05:24 AM

Citizens of Conneticutt are Rising

I'm understanding on another Forum that the Citizens are saying FU to Conneticutt's new Gun Registration.
Apparently, only a few thousand came forward on January 1st when the Law of Registering went into effect, and now the State is calling for Amesty to make "Free Citizens" feel that they're doing something wrong, and that registering your Assault Weapon and other Weapons that are fed with more than 10 rounds is for your benefit.
I say that it looks like the day of Revolution is upon us and it's starting with Conneticutt.
Hope the NRA is backing the Faithful on their Road to Freedom?

Anybody here from the State that can shed some light?

sputnik1988 01-28-2014 05:45 AM

If everyone rufuses, they can't enforce it. We are many, they are few.

Mercator 01-28-2014 08:14 AM

And who elected those who passed the Registration? Not the Feds.

The law may not be enforced door-to-door, but will remain in the books. It may become a stalemate, but then it is constant pressure. Go to a range, get pulled over for speeding - busted. Step out of the car, turn around.

I dig civil disobedience, but the real change will come only if the People regain their wits and vote right the next time.

Donn 01-28-2014 11:14 AM

Connecticut? A state so blue it's almost purple, the hotbed of gun rights revolution? I'll believe that when I see it.

Warrior1256 01-28-2014 11:27 PM

Hope that they continue to refuse to register, hail to the freedom loving people of the Great State of Connecticut!!!!!!

alsaqr 01-29-2014 12:15 AM

Every gun bought in CT is listed in a database. When the person bought their "assault weapon" in CT a DPS-3 form was filled out multiple copies: A copy goes to the CT State Police.

From a CT site:

http://www.ctguntalk.com/smf/index.php/topic,18072.0.html

Copy of CT DPS-3 form:

www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/slfu/firearms/dps-3-c.pdf

One of these days the state of CT will hire some offshore company to sort through that database and compare it against registered "assault weapons". The polizei will knock on doors and confiscate the unregistered "assault weapon/s".

Yep, that's how it works in an anti-gun state.

wittmeba 01-29-2014 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercator (Post 1493364)

The law may not be enforced door-to-door, but will remain in the books. It may become a stalemate, but then it is constant pressure. Go to a range, get pulled over for speeding - busted. Step out of the car, turn around.

I dig civil disobedience, but the real change will come only if the People regain their wits and vote right the next time.

Agreed. It is easy to make bold statements but when confronted by LE it is a one on one and the individual will lose. Then you are faced with the burden of an attorney to defend your God given rights. That may not be right but that is likely how it will be.

Everyone is or will be facing the same circumstances. Might be a different scenario but it will be the Law against the individual and that is what makes it difficult. Odds are stacked against the individual.

therewolf 01-29-2014 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercator (Post 1493364)

Or maybe if they VOTE at all, the next time...

John_Deer 01-29-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 1494010)
Or maybe if they VOTE at all, the next time...

They do vote. But instead of finding a democrat who will support the second amendment they have to have a republican. In turn, they lose on all issues. In the northeast gun owners and conservatives have to think for themselves instead of being a puppet to the republican party. When a republican is elected, what do they get? Chris Christie! Obama white! Instead of conservatives changing the democratic party from within the democrats are painting up their candidates as republicans.

John_Deer 01-29-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alsaqr (Post 1493873)
One of these days the state of CT will hire some offshore company to sort through that database and compare it against registered "assault weapons". The polizei will knock on doors and confiscate the unregistered "assault weapon/s".

Yep, that's how it works in an anti-gun state.

Even in Germany they never went door to door searching for weapons until they started rounding up the jews. Yes, there was massive civil disobedience in Germany. The Australians only managed to collect 20% of the guns in Australia. Canadian gun registration was a disaster. Outside of the big cities law enforcement refused to register weapons. Inside cities most people failed to register their weapon.

I am not just spouting out my opinion. Just a few days ago the NRA posted these facts to their facebook page.