Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Citizen carry rights during LEO stops

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20859 Times on 11857 Posts
Likes Given: 52397

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Reality!!!
Colorado required you to inform a LEO in your presents if you were armed (condition of CCW, the law).
That said there is one thing I have learned after 30+ years in LE,
COPS DON'T LIKE SURPRISES!!!! Especially the young officer with little to no experience on the street.
So my realistic advice is to inform the officer(s) your armed if there is any chance they will find out through their own observations/investigations regardless of the 'law' or 'your rights'.
If they wish to overreact after you have made this declaration they will have a very hard time justifying it, but if they 'find' you armed they will have a much better justification for an overreaction.
Do as you please, but don't lose touch with reality in the process!!!
kind of the way i see it as well. if a person feels their civil rights were violated or infringed, make a formal complaint with that officers supervisor or superior officer. trying to mount a civil rights case on the side of the road with a hot-headed rookie is never a good idea IMO.
25-5 Likes This 
Old 07-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 725 Times on 532 Posts
Likes Given: 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

kind of the way i see it as well. if a person feels their civil rights were violated or infringed, make a formal complaint with that officers supervisor or superior officer. trying to mount a civil rights case on the side of the road with a hot-headed rookie is never a good idea IMO.
A succinct answer to the OP.
"That's a bingo!"

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Axxe55 Likes This