Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > “Choose this day whom you will serve.”: An Open Letter to American Law Enforcement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I didn't really want to get in on this. but, being retired LEO and still beleaving in the oath I took and still live by today, I also have a bitter taste toward most of the current Law Enforcement and our so called Government today. My home is my castle and I can guarentee that the boot that opens my front door in the middle of the night will be the the first of the dead that enters thereafter. Then let the chips fall as they will !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim........................

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #22

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterPsmith View Post
I didn't really want to get in on this. but, being retired LEO and still beleaving in the oath I took and still live by today, I also have a bitter taste toward most of the current Law Enforcement and our so called Government today. My home is my castle and I can guarentee that the boot that opens my front door in the middle of the night will be the the first of the dead that enters thereafter. Then let the chips fall as they will !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim........................
....well, I'm glad you did Jim.....BTW, that is one fine looking battle rifle in your hands.

Old 11-06-2011, 12:20 AM   #23

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

I just want to take the time right now to say that myself,as well and as far as I know Mike V. of Sipsey Street ARE NOT "anti-cop".
We are not "anarchists" that want to be able to "do whatever we want and get away with it".

If there ever was a situation where some REAL CRIMINALS,you know-the kind that have NO RESPECT for the rights of others,had my local police and/or sheriff in a bind and it came to me and my fellow citizens to stand up and choose a side,like for instance a riot or some kind of organized terrorism-

There is no question whose side I'd be on.

But when it comes to the outrages and the usurpations of the out of control federal government- it is time to make a choice.

It really is.

The LAST thing I EVER want to do is to disrespect the TRUE and HONEST peace officers out there doing their job so the rest of us don't have to deal with the pimps,thieves,killers and rapists.

I both RESPECT and ADMIRE such officers.
And I THANK THEM for taking out the trash.

But the time has come for you guys in blue to start using your own minds and QUESTIONING what your being told to enforce.

As Thomas Jefferson and James Madison pointed out in their riposte to the Alien and Sedition Acts- there is in fact a direction that government can go in making laws that are in fact illegitimate excersize of authority.

Illegitimate government is a possibility,and in America today,it is a REALITY.

You no more have to enforce such laws as We The People have to obey them.

And if your bosses don't like it,then find another boss or even another line of work, or become the tool of tyranny.

It really is that simple.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 11-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #24
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
I just want to take the time right now to say that myself,as well and as far as I know Mike V. of Sipsey Street ARE NOT "anti-cop".
We are not "anarchists" that want to be able to "do whatever we want and get away with it".

If there ever was a situation where some REAL CRIMINALS,you know-the kind that have NO RESPECT for the rights of others,had my local police and/or sheriff in a bind and it came to me and my fellow citizens to stand up and choose a side,like for instance a riot or some kind of organized terrorism-

There is no question whose side I'd be on.

But when it comes to the outrages and the usurpations of the out of control federal government- it is time to make a choice.

It really is.

The LAST thing I EVER want to do is to disrespect the TRUE and HONEST peace officers out there doing their job so the rest of us don't have to deal with the pimps,thieves,killers and rapists.

I both RESPECT and ADMIRE such officers.
And I THANK THEM for taking out the trash.

But the time has come for you guys in blue to start using your own minds and QUESTIONING what your being told to enforce.

As Thomas Jefferson and James Madison pointed out in their riposte to the Alien and Sedition Acts- there is in fact a direction that government can go in making laws that are in fact illegitimate excersize of authority.

Illegitimate government is a possibility,and in America today,it is a REALITY.

You no more have to enforce such laws as We The People have to obey them.

And if your bosses don't like it,then find another boss or even another line of work, or become the tool of tyranny.

It really is that simple.
I was going to wait for our fine resident LEO's to fire up their Oxy-acetylene and come after me before i qualified my comments thus. Actually i am rather suprised how quiet that particular segment has been. This leads me to believe that most if not all "get" where you (and myself) are coming from.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-06-2011, 02:56 AM   #25
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I've read Mike Vanderboegh's work for a long time and he is not anti-cop. Friends of mine who know him personally have said the same thing.

He is anti-government abuse. He is against the usurpation of power by anyone in government, whether it's elected officials all the way down to dog-catcher. That includes cops.

Most cops are great and we are indebted to them for putting their lives on the line to deal with the scum of the earth every day. But there are clearly some cops out there who are on a power trip and who should not wear the uniform.

Vanderboegh's point in this and other screeds is to illustrate clearly what has happened and where we are headed vis a vis government abuse and to encourage those who serve, like cops and military personnel, to stick to their oaths over obeying unlawful orders.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #26

Liked 2440 Times on 1389 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

WE NEED to act on these beliefs RIGHT NOW to be certain

all the BATFE and DOJ people involved in Gunrunner are removed

from us, as a society of responsible gun owners.

Eric Holder simply isn't enough.

If we did what they did, it wouldn't be a lame-o

"investigation".

ATF would kick in our doors, THROW US ALL IN PRISON,

and prosecute each and every one of us on every

charge.

WE would not have the option of holding out a

scapegoat to take all the blame...

...and sauce for the goose needs to be sauce for the gander,

for our society to work.