You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

“Choose this day whom you will serve.”: An Open Letter to American Law Enforcement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #11
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 755 Times on 439 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I cannot speak for your State, but in Texas sobriety checkpoinits are illegal. As well they should be IMHO.

No knock search warrants must be justified to a judge in writing.

What warrantless searches are we speaking of? As far as wire taps, they are dang hard to do here. Even with the proper authorization from a judge, there is only one agency authorized to put them in place (DPS, State Police).
Heard of the (anti) patriot act or the Fatherland security act.

Everything i listed is legal and used by the gestopo here.

Watch the Youtube clip thats posted and you hear the same sad excuse that always touted about "We just follow orders" thats the same as saying "we dont make the law, we just enforce them".

In the original piece the point being made is YOU as an LEO KNOW the order or law or what you are doing is ILLEGAL but you still continue on with your actions. (Like taking down a little old lady for having her legal gun in her hand in her house in the youtube clip...more proof we are no longer secure in our home, property or possesions...neither from the criminal element or agents of the Govt (One and the same in some mindsets)) The populace at large SEE the actions taken against us or WE THE PEOPLE by the agents of the overblown tyranical Govt and we remember. Like i typed before. It is the actions or lack thereof of every LE agency that has brought us to the point where LEO's are no longer respected and revered (as it was in my parents day and in my childhood) but despised and feared.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #12

Liked 3979 Times on 2229 Posts
Likes Given: 2626

Does anybody here really think this message is reaching the people

who need to see it most?

Old 11-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #13
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Does anybody here really think this message is reaching the people

who need to see it most?

For your answer to that......just look to the Op. Fast and Furious and the bovine feces being flung at us from that debacle!!

Old 11-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #14
fmj

When those taking and executing the unlawful orders/laws STOP executing the unlawful orders "THEY" will get the message loud and clear!

Old 11-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #15

Liked 5756 Times on 3368 Posts
Likes Given: 4889

Not to threadcrap, but here is a legitimate beef with a errant officer, in my opinion. This guy needs to be put on the parking ticket patrol and muffled AFTER undergoing some psychiatric evaluation.

New York City cop imprisons college student without ID for two days | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Note to tourists visting New York: Don't be caught out without your ID, or you could be caught in the city's penal system for days, if the recent experience of 21-year-old college student Samantha Zucker is anything to go by from the article.

We have some good cops in this country, but it is the real idiots/bad apples who really know how to let themselves be known.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #16

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Right,and the list can be expounded to at least hundreds of individual officers/incidents.

Robo mentioned the warrant process.

Two things I wanted to mention here.

First of all,the courts,including the Supreme Court,are constantly finding new excuses to outright ignore the Fourth Amendment.
The latest was that if the police or their dogs "smell something illegal" outside your residence,and then suspect that your destroying evidence after they knock,they can just kick in your door.
Despite my own belief that the "war on drugs" is a totally illegitimate excersize of federal power (remember the Volstead Act HAD to have a Constitutional amendment to make it legit.where is the amendment allowing the government to regulate the consumable intoxicating substances that it does today?),and smoking a joint while peacefully taking a dump SHOULD NOT be a crime worthy of negating the 4th,the potential for ABUSE of this new,broadly defined police power is outrageous.
Coupled with the "good faith" doctrine that lets cops get away with murder,literally,as long as they can show they were acting in "good faith" in performing their duties (rather then being held to the same scrutiny the REST OF US are by the courts),I can see this becoming a serious problem.
Theoretically,all a cop has to do is claim that he 'smelled drugs',and then heard a toilet flush,and poof.
There goes your 4th amendment protections,and even if the subsequent search produces nothing to seize,its all "perfectly legal" because it was all done in "good faith".

I'm sorry,I for one,don't want cops violating the 4th in "good faith",I'd rather they OBEYED the 4th with full faith and trust that our Founders knew what would be the proper role of police in a free society,rather than the social engineers who've taken over our government.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
-Thomas Jefferson

And this isn't an issue of 'isolated incidents"- it seems to be common procedure for police to circumvent the Constitution and the Bill of Rights as long as the expediency provides "results".

And the courts are allowing it- surprise,surprise.

And this brings me to the SECOND issue I have at hand here.

That of IMPARTIALITY of the courts.

Which DOES NOT EXIST today.

From the ease with which most warrants can be obtained by magistrates who have a rubber stamp ready and waiting - and who I might add,face ABSOLUTELY NO consequences that I'm aware of if they rubber stamp a warrant based on erroneous or outright false and/or criminally obtained evidence such as in the case of Crooked Cop Jerrod Shivers and Innocent Homeowner Ryan Fredrick,to the clearly observable by anyone who isn't brain-dead alignment of cops,prosecutors and courts as being on "the same team"- the impartiality of the courts, that were SUPPOSED to be impartial arbitrators of Justice,is null and void.

Just google Ryan Fredrick Case to see what I'm talking about.
Seriously,this case is sort of what took me off the fence on the issue at hand here.

The cops,in this case,decided to use criminals,sorry -CONFIDENTIAL INFORMANTS-, to break and enter into Fredricks' home to get them evidence,the criminals returned to the cops with a lie about a big pot growing "operation",and the warrant was rubber stamped by a judge or magistrate who has suffered absolutely no consequences for signing his or her name off to abrogate the 4th Amendment rights of Frederick,on the basis of illegal activity by the police.

"Good faith",don't you know.

Frederick,having obtained a gun because of having his home violated,rightfully defended it from the criminals with badges who came to serve their little "warrant" a week or so later and managed to kill Shivers outright, and was lucky he didn't get sent to the gas chamber.

He got 10 years.

All while a cop in California shoots an unarmed man he has lying on his face in the back and gets 2 years.

THAT,is BS.

But to add a cherry to the top of this particular fecal matter sundae,recently a state court in the midwest declared that the people DO NOT have the right to resist a police invasion of their home,even if the police are acting illegally.

So much for almost and ENTIRE MILLENNIUM of precedent and common law.

It was the Magna Carta of 1215 that established that a person's home was his castle by law,but in the new Stasi Police State of the Peoples Demokratik Nanny State of Amerika,"precedent" is whatever they declare it is in the scope of their agendas.

And to HELL with almost 1000 years of common and natural law.

Now,to try to deny or argue these issues is to live in denial.

The FACT IS,we are witnessing what can only be the birth of the most terrifying and powerful central government in the history of mankind.With obamacare being the final nail in the coffin of the limitations placed on government by our Founders,were right at the precipice and all the majority of cops want to do is enforce whatever law comes down the pike next.

It would be ignorance that could only inspire the most insipid bliss to believe that this "brave new world",this "great society",would not have for itself an attendant police state apparatus the likes that would make the KGB,GRU,Stasi,and Gestapo look like elementary school hallway monitors.

Those police still in the force who are obedient to and observant of the Constitution and the ABUSES it has suffered and is suffering at the hands of our new masters,are diamonds in the rough.

I do,in fact,still believe they are out there-

But from all the EVIDENCE of a surmounting pile of "incidents",I believe I'm correct in asserting that rather then it being a "few rotten apples in the barrel",the entire damn barrel is rotten to the core and its rare to find a good apple in there.

As they say in radio- the hits just keep coming.

so I agree with Mike V.-

POLICE-

CHOOSE THIS DAY WHOM YOU WILL SERVE.
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 11-04-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #17
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
Right,and the list can be expounded to at least hundreds of individual officers/incidents.

Robo mentioned the warrant process.

Two things I wanted to mention here.

First of all,the courts,including the Supreme Court,are constantly finding new excuses to outright ignore the Fourth Amendment.
The latest was that if the police or their dogs "smell something illegal" outside your residence,and then suspect that your destroying evidence after they knock,they can just kick in your door.
Despite my own belief that the "war on drugs" is a totally illegitimate excersize of federal power (remember the Volstead Act HAD to have a Constitutional amendment to make it legit.where is the amendment allowing the government to regulate the consumable intoxicating substances that it does today?),and smoking a joint while peacefully taking a dump SHOULD NOT be a crime worthy of negating the 4th,the potential for ABUSE of this new,broadly defined police power is outrageous.
Coupled with the "good faith" doctrine that lets cops get away with murder,literally,as long as they can show they were acting in "good faith" in performing their duties (rather then being held to the same scrutiny the REST OF US are by the courts),I can see this becoming a serious problem.
Theoretically,all a cop has to do is claim that he 'smelled drugs',and then heard a toilet flush,and poof.
There goes your 4th amendment protections,and even if the subsequent search produces nothing to seize,its all "perfectly legal" because it was all done in "good faith".

I'm sorry,I for one,don't want cops violating the 4th in "good faith",I'd rather they OBEYED the 4th with full faith and trust that our Founders knew what would be the proper role of police in a free society,rather than the social engineers who've taken over our government.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
-Thomas Jefferson

And this isn't an issue of 'isolated incidents"- it seems to be common procedure for police to circumvent the Constitution and the Bill of Rights as long as the expediency provides "results".

And the courts are allowing it- surprise,surprise.

And this brings me to the SECOND issue I have at hand here.

That of IMPARTIALITY of the courts.

Which DOES NOT EXIST today.

From the ease with which most warrants can be obtained by magistrates who have a rubber stamp ready and waiting - and who I might add,face ABSOLUTELY NO consequences that I'm aware of if they rubber stamp a warrant based on erroneous or outright false and/or criminally obtained evidence such as in the case of Crooked Cop Jerrod Shivers and Innocent Homeowner Ryan Fredrick,to the clearly observable by anyone who isn't brain-dead alignment of cops,prosecutors and courts as being on "the same team"- the impartiality of the courts, that were SUPPOSED to be impartial arbitrators of Justice,is null and void.

Just google Ryan Fredrick Case to see what I'm talking about.
Seriously,this case is sort of what took me off the fence on the issue at hand here.

The cops,in this case,decided to use criminals,sorry -CONFIDENTIAL INFORMANTS-, to break and enter into Fredricks' home to get them evidence,the criminals returned to the cops with a lie about a big pot growing "operation",and the warrant was rubber stamped by a judge or magistrate who has suffered absolutely no consequences for signing his or her name off to abrogate the 4th Amendment rights of Frederick,on the basis of illegal activity by the police.

"Good faith",don't you know.

Frederick,having obtained a gun because of having his home violated,rightfully defended it from the criminals with badges who came to serve their little "warrant" a week or so later and managed to kill Shivers outright, and was lucky he didn't get sent to the gas chamber.

He got 10 years.

All while a cop in California shoots an unarmed man he has lying on his face in the back and gets 2 years.

THAT,is BS.

But to add a cherry to the top of this particular fecal matter sundae,recently a state court in the midwest declared that the people DO NOT have the right to resist a police invasion of their home,even if the police are acting illegally.

So much for almost and ENTIRE MILLENNIUM of precedent and common law.

It was the Magna Carta of 1215 that established that a person's home was his castle by law,but in the new Stasi Police State of the Peoples Demokratik Nanny State of Amerika,"precedent" is whatever they declare it is in the scope of their agendas.

And to HELL with almost 1000 years of common and natural law.

Now,to try to deny or argue these issues is to live in denial.

The FACT IS,we are witnessing what can only be the birth of the most terrifying and powerful central government in the history of mankind.With obamacare being the final nail in the coffin of the limitations placed on government by our Founders,were right at the precipice and all the majority of cops want to do is enforce whatever law comes down the pike next.

It would be ignorance that could only inspire the most insipid bliss to believe that this "brave new world",this "great society",would not have for itself an attendant police state apparatus the likes that would make the KGB,GRU,Stasi,and Gestapo look like elementary school hallway monitors.

Those police still in the force who are obedient to and observant of the Constitution and the ABUSES it has suffered and is suffering at the hands of our new masters,are diamonds in the rough.

I do,in fact,still believe they are out there-

But from all the EVIDENCE of a surmounting pile of "incidents",I believe I'm correct in asserting that rather then it being a "few rotten apples in the barrel",the entire damn barrel is rotten to the core and its rare to find a good apple in there.

As they say in radio- the hits just keep coming.

so I agree with Mike V.-

POLICE-

CHOOSE THIS DAY WHOM YOU WILL SERVE.
The midwestern state in question here is the one and only state of INDIANA and it wasnt just "Some" state court but THE SUPREME COURT of the state.

We have castle doctrine here...but just not when it comes to the state...the state controls EVERYTHING...its for the protection of the states dogs errr, officers i mean,of course.

Indiana High Court Rules People Cannot Resist Illegal Entry By Police Into Homes | Fox News

So before the resident LEOs fire up their torches....ask yourself WHOM THIS DAY SHALL YOU SERVE?!? The people and the constitution you have sworn to uphold and protect, or the masters that have decided the constitution is to inconvienient to follow?

Old 11-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #18

Liked 3979 Times on 2229 Posts
Likes Given: 2626

[QUOTE=KalashnikovJosh;619400] suspect that your destroying evidence after they knock,they can just kick in your door.

OKAY- materialistic weasel here, when they're all done with the "kick in

your door " thing, THEY replace said door, right? I'm having issues with

BGs "breaking into" my home, AND LEOs "kicking in" my door. EVERYBODY's

destroying MY stuff, where's the faction that does something constructive,

like replacing my roof, or raking my leaves?

It just seems like John Q's getting hit on all sides, which makes it harder

to differentiate friend from foe...

Last edited by therewolf; 11-05-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #19

Liked 5756 Times on 3368 Posts
Likes Given: 4889

^^^ Have you considered a steel-framed steel door? I like mine.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #20
fmj

[quote=therewolf;619998]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
suspect that your destroying evidence after they knock,they can just kick in your door.

OKAY- materialistic weasel here, when they're all done with the "kick in

your door " thing, THEY replace said door, right? I'm having issues with

BGs "breaking into" my home, AND LEOs "kicking in" my door. EVERYBODY's

destroying MY stuff, where's the faction that does something constructive,

like replacing my roof, or raking my leaves?

It just seems like John Q's getting hit on all sides, which makes it harder

to differentiate friend from foe...
NOW your talking, i could use some new energy conserving, tax deductible windows to go with that new roof!!