“Choose this day whom you will serve.”: An Open Letter to American Law Enforcement.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > “Choose this day whom you will serve.”: An Open Letter to American Law Enforcement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Default “Choose this day whom you will serve.”: An Open Letter to American Law Enforcement.

Requested Reprint of an ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT article on Sipsey Street.

Sipsey Street Irregulars: By request, a reprint from February 2010 -- “Choose this day whom you will serve.”: An Open Letter to American Law Enforcement.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Mike V rocks.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:45 PM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

A great read...thanks for the post, Josh!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:22 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2393 Times on 1190 Posts
Likes Given: 1215

Some great points and some atrocious trash contained!
I think it also caters to the anti-gun and those who would seek to destroy our second amendment rights. And an attempt to form a wedge between the good LE community and the citizenry. To promote the issue that all law enforcement are anti-gun and against the individual citizens carrying a weapon legally is pure "TRASH!". That is truly nothing more than trash and a lie catering to those supporting the the Brady Foundation, UN, George Soros, Hilary Clinton, Eric Holder and the like. Personally those here on the Forum who are LE and some who have been there, walked the walk and talked the talk, I believe take offense to stereotype mentions in this document. No doubt, that the individual who wrote this article has been is serious problems with the law in the past and has an axe to grind. Although I do agree totally with some of the sections of this document, my opinion of the thin blue line is not only to protect the citizenry against the criminal element but also tyranny by any government. Seems like a logical person would be happy there are more of us out there than the politicians and critics like this guy and the anti-second amendment folks wish to acknowledge. That is part of their propaganda! Looks like someone here is buying it! They should be glad we take a stand like this. I would just ask you is that the stereotype he tried to portray of all LE in the document true? NOT! So take the good from it and dump the trash! Not all LE are puppets to any government and I hope there are as many in the military. Right is Right and when it comes down to tyranny those promoting it can expect as much resistance from us as any others. America is America and we will do what ever is needed to defend it as some of us have previously done serving our Nations Military. Wonder if the guy writing the article ever served his country. Those who have guns are citizens and those who do not are subjects.
God Bless the true America and Americans!

Old 10-31-2011, 11:25 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2393 Times on 1190 Posts
Likes Given: 1215

Check out the thread about Sheriff Chuck Wright from SC.
Just supports my previous post! And there are hundreds of us like him.
We are not always politically correct nor will we be!

Old 10-31-2011, 11:41 PM   #6

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
I think it also caters to the anti-gun and those who would seek to destroy our second amendment rights. And an attempt to form a wedge between the good LE community and the citizenry. To promote the issue that all law enforcement are anti-gun and against the individual citizens carrying a weapon legally is pure "TRASH!". That is truly nothing more than trash and a lie catering to those supporting the the Brady Foundation, UN, George Soros, Hilary Clinton, Eric Holder and the like. Personally those here on the Forum who are LE and some who have been there, walked the walk and talked the talk, I believe take offense to stereotype mentions in this document. No doubt, that the individual who wrote this article has been is serious problems with the law in the past and has an axe to grind. Although I do agree totally with some of the sections of this document, my opinion of the thin blue line is not only to protect the citizenry against the criminal element but also tyranny by any government. Seems like a logical person would be happy there are more of us out there than the politicians and critics like this guy and the anti-second amendment folks wish to acknowledge. That is part of their propaganda! Looks like someone here is buying it! They should be glad we take a stand like this. I would just ask you is that the stereotype he tried to portray of all LE in the document true? NOT! So take the good from it and dump the trash! Not all LE are puppets to any government and I hope there are as many in the military. Right is Right and when it comes down to tyranny those promoting it can expect as much resistance from us as any others. America is America and we will do what ever is needed to defend it as some of us have previously done serving our Nations Military. Wonder if the guy writing the article ever served his country. Those who have guns are citizens and those who do not are subjects.

03, I absolutely agree with you....

There is some good stuff in this article, but here in Arizona I have not seen, do not know, and have never experienced the stereotype LE referenced in this article. Quite the opposite. I do not begrudge him his belief or attitude, but I would be interested to know what agency puts a CCW holder on their knees, without some other cause. I think maybe the Feds officers and agents may have a big head, and there are a few agencies in Arizona who have from time to time gone through some issues. It almost always rules up to the chief.....overwhelmingly I respect the street cops I work with.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:15 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Arrow

Great article, and so true.

In the not so distant future, it is very likely that civilians will be put in situations where they too are pressed to make difficult choices, choices that today they might find unbelievable, illegal, and possibly amoral.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #8

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

The problems mentioned with this being somehow anti-gun and related to "officers respecting a citizens rights to legally carry a weapon" can be solved with one thing-

Fealty to the Second Amendment.

Americans don't need permission from government to own and/or carry weapons.

Carry permits are a freaking joke.
Its absurd to watch people acquiesce to government their inalienable right for the hall pass permission slip privilege to carry an effective means of self defense.

I know that Arizona is among 4 states now that recognize this and has "Constitutional carry".
This is a GOOD thing.

Now,I don't know how they do things in YOUR particular state,but I do know the recent history of the Stasi Police State-

I'm not willing to just shut up and be happy with the way things are until stuff like this is addressed by a full rectification of law via a total and complete reversion to the Constitution and the Founding Principles.

As the man said- "Were living proof that all they have to do is decide to take our guns,and its done".

You don't have a government that respects your inalienable rights when this sort of thing is happening in such recent history,and there is NO argument that can contradict this FACT.

This condition is because we have allowed them to whittle away our constitution and wheedle new powers and authorities beyond the scope of legitimate delegated power to the federal government- which in FACT,views firearms as within its power to regulate as it sees fit DESPITE the 2A CLEARLY directing that that right SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED,and this despicable attitude has trickled down to the states.

Government actively and fully denies that it has to abide by the law,by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights,the federal courts -branches of the federal government and nothing more than the 'fox guarding the hen house in such matters; fully support this.

The ONLY way this is gonna change is if we STOP LIVING IN DENIAL and OTHERWISE GOOD PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DO THE RIGHT THING like peace officers and such,choose to ACTIVELY THWART THIS TYRANNY BY DISOBEYING IT AND PRACTICING THE UTMOST FEALTY TO THE CONSTITUTION.

IMHO- this is what this article in the OP says to me.
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 11-03-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #9
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post

As stated in the piece, the ACTIONS (or lack thereof) of LE is the problem.

All too often we read of the overbearing (and illegal) actions of LE. And the march towards tyranny continues AIDED by those that accept their paychecks from the general fund.

We have come to the quantum shift, LE protecting the Govts and their own interests abocve that of the populace in general. We have come to a point where no longer are LE loved and revered but despised and feared.

Some (but not all) examples of what have brought us to this sad state...

"sobriety" checkpoints

No knock entry/searches

Warrantless searches/wire taps

Now, here, its illegal to forcibly resist ILLEGAL forced entry, search and seizure.

there are many more and many MANY examples to point to...i am just not thinking of them all at the moment.

We no longer live in a free society but a POLICE STATE and the "Fraternal brotherhood" actively advances the US Vs. Them attitude. To deny this is to lie to yourself as you look in the mirror. (as suggested in the piece)

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-04-2011, 06:18 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2691 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post

Some (but not all) examples of what have brought us to this sad state...

"sobriety" checkpoints

No knock entry/searches

Warrantless searches/wire taps
I cannot speak for your State, but in Texas sobriety checkpoinits are illegal. As well they should be IMHO.

No knock search warrants must be justified to a judge in writing.

What warrantless searches are we speaking of? As far as wire taps, they are dang hard to do here. Even with the proper authorization from a judge, there is only one agency authorized to put them in place (DPS, State Police).

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball