Chipotle Restraunts Ban Guns - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Chipotle Restraunts Ban Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30USMC View Post
I have nothing against open carry, it's our right and am 100 percent for it. I do have a huge issues with the individuals that decide that they want to "exercise" this right and bait LE, with the clear objective to create a issue
Exactly! We should be pissed at the idiots doing it in the manner that they're doing it, not the act of open carry itself.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #22

Liked 2715 Times on 1591 Posts
Likes Given: 1724

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30USMC View Post
I have nothing against open carry, it's our right and am 100 percent for it. I do have a huge issues with the individuals that decide that they want to "exercise" this right and bait LE, with the clear objective to create a issue
i agree, but i see this situation as no better. instead of baiting LE, they were baiting the establishment imo.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
honestly, i have nothing against open carry either....with some credible purpose.....

were these guys going to USE their guns in chipotle????

its just grandstanding....and it hurts gun owners.

I hate to pull this card, but the people in Aurora could have used a AR. Or the teachers at Sandy Hook. College kids at Virginia Tech, etc etc. You never know when you're going to need your gun. I'd rather carry a gun every day of my life and never need it, then leave it at home one day and have something happen.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:25 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
Exactly! We should be pissed at the idiots doing it in the manner that they're doing it, not the act of open carry itself.
agree 100%.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:28 PM   #25

Quote:
I hate to pull this card, but the people in Aurora could have used a AR. Or the teachers at Sandy Hook. College kids at Virginia Tech, etc etc. You never know when you're going to need your gun. I'd rather carry a gun every day of my life and never need it, then leave it at home one day and have something happen.
so these people carry their long guns EVERYWHERE.....ALL THE TIME?

sounds like a difficult time on the can or in the shower?

you entitled to this opinion. but imo, this what concealed carry is for. open carry is to protect individuals moving a gun with some form of purpose (other than attention/politics imo.)

but again, all respect for your opinion, i just don't quite agree.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:36 PM   #26

Quote:
so these people carry their long guns EVERYWHERE.....ALL THE TIME?

sounds like a difficult time on the can or in the shower?

you entitled to this opinion. but imo, this what concealed carry is for. open carry is to protect individuals moving a gun with some form of purpose (other than attention/politics imo.)

but again, all respect for your opinion, i just don't quite agree.
I don't even want to imagine where you would conceal a gun in the shower!

But seriously, I think that they should have the option to do either. Would I do it? Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the day, where i'm at, and what I'm doing.

What I'm worried about is what happens when we give in a little. Some gun owners don't like open carry of long guns. Politicians come in and ban the open carry of long guns. Then they ban purchasing of long guns (AR-15s, AK's, etc.). Then they ban ownership of these guns. We can't give them yet another stepping stone.

We have already lost more rights than we can count. We have to pay taxes to carry (CCW licenses) and buy suppressors. In some states we have to register our weapons. When are we going to say that enough is enough? These politicians are greedy bas!@#*@. They'll keep taking as long as we keep giving.

EDIT* I just had one last thought. I'm pretty sure that the founding fathers put the 2A in there with open carry in mind. I can't imagine how they would conceal a 4 foot musket

Last edited by Franklin1995; 05-20-2014 at 10:40 PM.
hawkguy Likes This 
Old 05-20-2014, 10:59 PM   #27

Quote:
EDIT* I just had one last thought. I'm pretty sure that the founding fathers put the 2A in there with open carry in mind. I can't imagine how they would conceal a 4 foot musket
take it from a guy who conceals a "long gun" all the time.....NO SHORTS!

ok, i got my juvenile out....continue adult discussion.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:33 PM   #28

Liked 169 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 16

May I?
Here in Arizona we have the recognized right to carry openly or concealed, any legal firearm, no permit required, so of course I had to try it once. NO, not this jackazzery open rifle carry, but like this...

You know what? What a pain in the derriere. As an experiment, it worked - nobody freaked out or screamed, (not likely in AZ anyway, but more importantly nobody knew...
Back to Texas - I understand the thought behind the idea - if people get used to the sight of firearms in public, then they won't fight open carry legalization for sidearms. However, Tommy Tactical and his big buddy Bubba Bellybomb are NOT doing it right at all. They look like they dress from GoodWill, and they are actively manipulating their firearms in a public restaurant. THAT can get you some serious unwanted attention. Want to di it right? Do it Texas style - dress NICELY, boots, cowboy hat, nice western gear, then carry a Winchester lever action over your shoulder and KEEP YOUR MEAT HOOKS OFF OF IT!!!!! Next THINK about what the logical reaction is going to be if you are in a public place and feel the need to "stroke your piece"...it will be VERY likely any plainclothes officer nearby will assume you mean harm to others.
Last remember, as eatery like this is private property, NOT public property like the sidewalk or street. They do NOT want to be dragged into your stunt - be polite and consider you actions/reactions/unintended consequences.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:41 PM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5508 Times on 2875 Posts
Likes Given: 357

he is damn lucky a ccw person didnt shoot his stupid ass. i would draw on someone walking into a store with a rifle at port arms!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 05-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #30
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1157 Times on 795 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Quote:
agree 100%.

Agree 100 %......