Chipotle Restraunts Ban Guns - Page 29
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Chipotle Restraunts Ban Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 10:14 PM   #281
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 898 Times on 547 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
I, unlike some, respect their rights, and I feel that the 2 members of OCT have messed up something that was a good thing by not thinking their decision through from the start. Chipolte and Starbucks did not ask to be put in the middle of a 2A debate. Those guys forced their hand.
And yet OCT had the permission of the business OWNER to hold their event there
Old 06-18-2014, 02:00 AM   #282
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1608 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 8511

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/23/open-carry-texas-chipotle_n_5380338.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
And yet OCT had the permission of the business OWNER to hold their event there
I am open to hearing the other side of it. please provide a link stating so, from the owner. I'll wait.

From the link at the top:

A Texas gun rights group has notified members that they are to "immediately cease" taking shotguns and rifles into private businesses unless invited to do so, backing down from a controversial strategy that has led several large restaurant chains to ask patrons to leave their guns at home.

If they had permission before, why did their leadership have to tell them the above? Seems to me that they are now begging for forgiveness, when they should have asked or permission first.

Not saying you are full of $h!t, just asking you to check your facts, and provide some links for all of us to see.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 06-18-2014 at 02:10 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-18-2014, 02:19 AM   #283
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2052 Times on 1247 Posts
Likes Given: 2222

Quote:
I am open to hearing the other side of it. please provide a link stating so, from the owner. I'll wait.
If you read the Forbes article that was in the OP, you will find the following:

"Open Carry Texas founder C.J. Grisham told Forbes that this past weekend’s activity was not a demonstration, but simply a meal following an event. “We don’t go there just to carry guns into a restaurant,” he said. “We always let the manager know we’re coming. We try very hard to make people feel comfortable.”
Grisham said his group’s policy is to send an unarmed person into a restaurant to seek permission to dine and to warn staff and customers in advance.
“We’re peaceful, we’re looking for a place to eat, but we have guns,” he said. “If we’re not welcome, we’re not going to spend money there.”
"

With all the publicity that this situation has created, I'm sure Chipolte senior management would not provide the written letter you request. But it does look like they had permission from the local manager before the event. Their senior management appears to have a different view after receiving the vociferous complaint from MDA.

At least that's how this appears to me.

I still wish they hadn't created yet another target for complaints and negative reporting.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 06-18-2014, 04:19 AM   #284
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1608 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 8511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
If you read the Forbes article that was in the OP, you will find the following:

"Open Carry Texas founder C.J. Grisham told Forbes that this past weekend’s activity was not a demonstration, but simply a meal following an event. “We don’t go there just to carry guns into a restaurant,” he said. “We always let the manager know we’re coming. We try very hard to make people feel comfortable.”
Grisham said his group’s policy is to send an unarmed person into a restaurant to seek permission to dine and to warn staff and customers in advance.
“We’re peaceful, we’re looking for a place to eat, but we have guns,” he said. “If we’re not welcome, we’re not going to spend money there.”
"

With all the publicity that this situation has created, I'm sure Chipolte senior management would not provide the written letter you request. But it does look like they had permission from the local manager before the event. Their senior management appears to have a different view after receiving the vociferous complaint from MDA.

At least that's how this appears to me.

I still wish they hadn't created yet another target for complaints and negative reporting.
Thanks Balota, I stand corrected. I read the link in the op, but with all of the insanity of a drawn out out of state move it probably slipped my mind.

Sorry Partduex. We were both wrong about it being a demonstration though. The intent according to Grisham was nothing more than a peaceful meal, that I would have had no problem with myself. i just feel that (and I do understand that it is not legal to OC a handgun in Texas, just as it is in NY) they took the wrong approach. Carrying the rifles in was not the right way to get the point across to the public, in the current political climate. The negatives far outweigh the possitives when OCing a long gun.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 06-18-2014 at 04:30 AM.
People Like This 
Old 06-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #285

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

I like posts #6, #11, #12.

Vern

http://Taurus45ACP.com Personal Taurus Pistol site with info and pictures and links.
Taurus Millennium PRO in .45 ACP, Bersa Thunder 380, SIG Sauer SP2022 in 9mm
AR-15s

Former Certified Law Enforcement Officer, Nebraska

Occam's Razor "The simplest explanation is usually
the best"

Old 06-18-2014, 10:30 PM   #286
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 898 Times on 547 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Quote:
The negatives far outweigh the possitives when OCing a long gun.
Here's the fact of MI OC, the early adopters (pistol) were trashed by Fudds, CC, and the press, and yet we have over come and made some excellent progress. Now, MI OC is about the legal OC of holstered pistols. They make zero opinion, yea or nea about LGOC. It upsets the LGOC crowd and they have been encouraged to set up their own org. MI OC's position is to focus on one battle front, not multiple.

Rifles are a small portion of all deaths by firearms, and extremely small percentage, and yet the press has made it out to be some major problem.