Chipotle Restraunts Ban Guns - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Chipotle Restraunts Ban Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2056 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

There is absolutely NO reason to carry a rifle of any kind in public. Heck, if I was eating in a restaurant and saw a couple of AR's walking thru the door, my first reaction might be to interpret that it's an Aurora, Colorado type of event. Heck, I might not even wait to get shot before I take the fools down!

Unfortunately, among our midst's (firearms owners/enthusiasts, that is) we have small factions of haters, white-supremists, bigots and downright a**holes. Anarchists and the like. They do us a lot of damage.
People Like This 
Old 05-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4374 Times on 2954 Posts
Likes Given: 2190

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
There is absolutely NO reason to carry a rifle of any kind in public. Heck, if I was eating in a restaurant and saw a couple of AR's walking thru the door, my first reaction might be to interpret that it's an Aurora, Colorado type of event. Heck, I might not even wait to get shot before I take the fools down!

Unfortunately, among our midst's (firearms owners/enthusiasts, that is) we have small factions of haters, white-supremists, bigots and downright a**holes. Anarchists and the like. They do us a lot of damage.
Very true. You Rights do not absolve you from your Judgement.
People Like This 
Old 05-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #13
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1338 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 593

That's a shame. I rather liked Chipotle chicken tacos.

Guess I'll have to eat somewhere else now.

Oh well, leave it to the open carry dingbats to eff it up for the rest of us.

Why on earth you would want anyone to know you have a gun is beyond me. The police are forced to do what their departments require of them. I don't have that issue, so I choose to let people know I'm armed only when absolutely necessary (as in someone doing something that would cause them to have a gun pointed at them).
People Like This 
Old 05-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #14

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I really doubt the people of texas or any state for that matter are going to be comfortable with people hauling their long guns in their place of business. The manager of the local Chipotle should have said NO. This a restaurant not a gun shop. Those people must not be very bright if they think hauling a rifle around is going to get OC legalized in TX.
People Like This 
Old 05-20-2014, 09:48 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 486 Times on 269 Posts
Likes Given: 971

I see that most people don't support the guys carrying long arms. While I think that they could have carried them in a better manner, such as on their backs, I think that what they did is fine. How can we say that we are supporters of the 2nd amendment and we don't want restrictions on it, then say that we shouldn't be allowed to open carry a AR-15. You guys are buying into the media's BS about these "assault weapons" being super dangerous. It is the PERSON not the FIREARM that causes destruction.

Personally, I would carry a AR-15 with me everywhere if it was legal where I am. AR-15's and other semi automatics are more effective at taking down a threat. Isn't that the point of carrying a firearm? Unfortunately, due to the laws in my state, I cannot open carry a rifle or a sidearm and I cannot conceal carry a firearm. I have very restricted 2nd amendment rights. The best I can do is keep my pistol in my glovebox and hope that the cop knows the law.

I support the 2nd amendment right out. If someone wants to carry a AR-15, go for it. The only reason people are afraid is because of what the media has done. The only way to change that is to open carry long guns and show people that the vast majority of gun owners are not going to shoot you in the streets.

Lastly, I know a lot of you guys are going to disagree with me. I would like to have a rational, calm conversation about the subject, not a bunch of pointless arguing
Wild_Dog Likes This 
Old 05-20-2014, 10:04 PM   #16

Liked 3248 Times on 1941 Posts
Likes Given: 2347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Chipolte has not banned guns, they have asked people to not bring them in.

They are saying the same thing that Starbucks started off with, then the morons in our community(not firearmstalk but gun community in general) decided to double down and push Starbucks into a full ban nationwide.
and i think that means OPENLY.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
That's a shame. I rather liked Chipotle chicken tacos.

Guess I'll have to eat somewhere else now.

Oh well, leave it to the open carry dingbats to eff it up for the rest of us.

Why on earth you would want anyone to know you have a gun is beyond me. The police are forced to do what their departments require of them. I don't have that issue, so I choose to let people know I'm armed only when absolutely necessary (as in someone doing something that would cause them to have a gun pointed at them).
why?

chipotle NEVER displayed a "no concelaed HG" sign anywhere i have been. they are NOT the enemy! its morons trying to make private businesses a battleground for politics.

chipotle didn't do anything wrong....though i wouldn't be surprised to see signage banning concealed carry after these guys pulled this!

common sense...it ain't so common anymore....

i'll keep eating at chipotle myself.
People Like This 
Old 05-20-2014, 10:11 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8012 Times on 4383 Posts
Likes Given: 7763

If we lose our ccw that we worked so hard for over the last 50 years, it will be because of the "macho-wannabe" open carry A**holes.

Or at least they did before political correctness
People Like This 
Old 05-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #19
Administrator
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1614 Times on 1076 Posts
Likes Given: 198

I have nothing against open carry, it's our right and am 100 percent for it. I do have a huge issues with the individuals that decide that they want to "exercise" this right and bait LE, with the clear objective to create a issue
People Like This 
Old 05-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30USMC View Post
I have nothing against open carry, it's our right and am 100 percent for it. I do have a huge issues with the individuals that decide that they want to "exercise" this right and bait LE, with the clear objective to create a issue
honestly, i have nothing against open carry either....with some credible purpose.....

were these guys going to USE their guns in chipotle????

its just grandstanding....and it hurts gun owners.