Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > "Child endangerment" question...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8053

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
He replied to the posting saying "you need to remove this posting or else face child endangerment charges."
And so by removing the post does that mean it never really happened? I wouldn't turn my back on the guy who made the threat.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

And so by removing the post does that mean it never really happened? I wouldn't turn my back on the guy who made the threat.
Honestly, I don't know if it is a threat or warning me to be careful. Knowing the guy the way I do, I am taking it as a threat though.

My sister of all people knows I would never do anything to put her child or mine in harms way. My niece adores me and begs constantly to come over my house. She has a designated time that she calls me to say "good night" to me every night while I am on my lunch break at work. Lol. I don't think my sister would allow this much contact with me if there was a problem.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 04-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
Ask your cousin if he intends to file charges based on the picture if you leave the picture up. Try to get this in writing (like via email). If he says yes, consult with an attorney and see what you can do.

No way, no how is teaching a 7-year-old how to fire a bb gun by observing proper safety rules "endangerment". But being accused of putting a child in harm's way these days is a lot like being accused of witchcraft 350 years ago - it's up to you to prove you're innocent. What you want to make sure of is that your sister doesn't get her child taken away over this while it gets sorted out.
I did for him to point out what he felt was illegal or endangering. But after I asked, he has said nothing. I'm not going to poke the bear any more. Ill just wait it out and see what happens. As of now, the picture stays right where it is. I do believe if my sister thought it was a problem, I'd have heard something by now.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1676 Times on 1022 Posts
Likes Given: 1989

Don't know what else accompanied the photo in question. Did you just post the photo? Or did you attach to the photo a description of the activity, like you did in your OP here? Seeing only the photo could be triggering your cousin's response.

Did your sister know about your plan to teach her daughter about gun safety? If so, you probably have no real problem.

Also, you indicated that all your acquaintances know about your passion for guns (and presumably gun safety). I assume that includes your cousin. Have you tried talking directly to this cousin to find out what's really going on with him? Getting the rest of the story often clears up what doesn't make sense.

Edit: Ahh, never mind. Just saw your last "poke the bear" post. You've done all you can do. Don't worry about the cousin. But you might want to consider taking him off your permissions on FB ...

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Last edited by Balota; 04-01-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19944 Times on 11333 Posts
Likes Given: 50282

i applaude you for taking the effort to instruct a youngster in proper firearm safety and personally i think the way you are going about teaching her is first rate and very good.

your cousin sounds like some know it all do gooder, who needs to mind his own business. now i know it would be easier if he weren't family, but as he is, he still needs to keep his nose out of things that are none of his business. many of these do gooders seem to think, that teaching safe firearms handling and shooting is dangerous to a child. NRA teaches it to children, so maybe they need to be brought up on charges of child endangerment?

another point, going to his supervisor and filing a complaint and stating that making false accusations from here on out will result in you filing criminal charges and also filing a civil suit against their department. this puts huge pressure on them for what seems like his bringing his personal viewpoints into something that has no merit. if it's not endagerment and having the parents permission, then its none of their business. they will then rein him in and inform him to stick to just doing his job and quit trying to create problems where there are none. i always say a good offence is a good defence.

Last edited by Axxe55; 04-01-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
Don't know what else accompanied the photo in question. Did you just post the photo? Or did you attach to the photo a description of the activity, like you did in your OP here? Seeing only the photo could be triggering your cousin's response.

Did your sister know about your plan to teach her daughter about gun safety? If so, you probably have no real problem.

Also, you indicated that all your acquaintances know about your passion for guns (and presumably gun safety). I assume that includes your cousin. Have you tried talking directly to this cousin to find out what's really going on with him? Getting the rest of the story often clears up what doesn't make sense.

Edit: Ahh, never mind. Just saw your last "poke the bear" post. You've done all you can do. Don't worry about the cousin. But you might want to consider taking him off your permissions on FB ...
There was nothing else attached with the photo. My sister knowing me the way she does, the photo is self explanatory and didn't need any captioning.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
i applaude you for taking the effort to instruct a youngster in proper firearm safety and personally i think the way you are going about teaching her is first rate and very good.

your cousin sounds like some know it all do gooder, who needs to mind his own business. now i know it would be easier if he weren't family, but as he is, he still needs to keep his nose out of things that are none of his business.
Lol I believe this has been said on more then one occasion about him previous to this problem. He is a Class A D!ck. Ive never met anyone who could stand him more then an hour.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 1984

Default You did what........

Never post on face book what you don't want the world to see....... I have three loaded guns in my home...... The grand chillins ain't never touched a one..... Because the azz whippin will be worst than the talkin too.....My 7 year old grand daughter has access to a 22 thats loaded. and not once has she put her hands on this rifle..... But I know, all it takes is once......Her future is bright because she wants to kill her own game and EAT IT.....It's better to prepare than wait for the miss haps........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 04-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Call me a dick, but I would notify his supervisors in writing that he was acting outside his jurisdiction and ask them what their agent was doing invading my personal life outside the scope of his state-appointed duties. Is he a social worker in YOUR city or in your sister's city? Was he directed as part of his job to review facebook pages of his relatives for questionable pictures? Was there a complaint that led him to the post?

After that, i would go have a personal and off-the-record chat with dude and let him know that he needs to leave his work at work and not bring it to the family facebook pages. Your sister needs to IMMEDIATELY "unfriend" him on FB to keep him off her page.

Personally, BS like this from wannabe petty tyrant government stoolies is one of MANY reasons i don't have a facebook page and ask relatives to leave me off their pages.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 04-01-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Call me a dick, but I would notify his supervisors in writing that he was acting outside his jurisdiction and ask them what their agent was doing invading my personal life outside the scope of his state-appointed duties.
You're not a dick, and I would have no problem doing this if I knew in fact that it was a threat. Thats the problem with internet. You cannot express nor feel the emotion behind the words to know which direction it is aimed.