Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Chicago reaches 500 Murders. I guess that anti 2A policy is really working (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/chicago-reaches-500-murders-i-guess-anti-2a-policy-really-working-79671/)

CA357 12-28-2012 11:47 PM

Chicago reaches 500 Murders. I guess that anti 2A policy is really working
 
http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-reaches-500-homicides-fatal-shooting-145951769.html

trip286 12-28-2012 11:56 PM

As a comparison, I would like to share the number of US troops killed in Afghanistan this year: 245 KIA in hostile actions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Forces_casualties_in_the_war_in_Afgh anistan#Killed_in_action_only

309 total, counting IED's http://icasualties.org/oef/

It would appear that one could possibly be much safer fighting in a war than living in Chicago...
Well, there are over 2.7 million people in Chicago. And less than 100k troops in Afghanistan, supposedly... But still, it's an active freaking war zone.

CA357 12-29-2012 12:01 AM

That's just sad.

orangello 12-29-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1069868)
As a comparison, I would like to share the number of US troops killed in Afghanistan this year: 245 KIA in hostile actions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Forces_casualties_in_the_war_in_Afgh anistan#Killed_in_action_only

309 total, counting IED's http://icasualties.org/oef/

It would appear that one could possibly be much safer fighting in a war than living in Chicago...
Well, there are over 2.7 million people in Chicago. And less than 100k troops in Afghanistan, supposedly... But still, it's an active freaking war zone.

Big difference, our guys in afcrapistan can shoot back.

trip286 12-29-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 1069893)
Big difference, our guys in afcrapistan can shoot back.

So your saying that if the denizens of Chicago were allowed to shoot back, the death toll wouldn't be as bad? Hmmm.... interesting.... ;)

Zombiegirl 12-29-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286

So your saying that if the denizens of Chicago were allowed to shoot back, the death toll wouldn't be as bad? Hmmm.... interesting.... ;)

I think after a few citizens shot back, the BG's would realize they didn't have easy targets anymore and eventually crime against innocent folks would decrease. I don't know if it would change gang related crime, etc, but at least regular people would not be defenseless.

Fathead00 12-29-2012 01:27 AM

You guys/gals are all wrong!!! We HAVE to ban the evil black rifles and high capacity "clips"!!!! They are evil and killing innocent people. Look how good it is in Chicago without conceal carry. Chicago passed there murder total from last year a month or two ago. I "love" Illinois.;). Go team Rahm/Quinn keep up the great work!!!

orangello 12-29-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1069940)
So your saying that if the denizens of Chicago were allowed to shoot back, the death toll wouldn't be as bad? Hmmm.... interesting.... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombiegirl (Post 1069962)
I think after a few citizens shot back, the BG's would realize they didn't have easy targets anymore and eventually crime against innocent folks would decrease....

So i guess "gun free zones" are a naturally unsafe idea. Who would have ever thought that.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.