Chicago Liberals are at it again
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Chicago Liberals are at it again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default Chicago Liberals are at it again

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2844978/posts

I mean...really?

Handguns are "evil" and "dangerous" (according to yuppy liberals) but the answer to that is "charge them money" and somehow the "danger" goes away?

It's just glaring proof that these uppity cowards only care about money money money.

Damnit I hate living in this state

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I guess they're just wanting to make handgun ownership unattractive by making it expensive. The idiot politicians are doing the same thing here, 95$ for every "permit to acquire", any gun. They are trying to lower the number of firearm permits, somehow they also think this is going to stop gun crime. In response, I try to apply for as many permits as I can

Old 02-11-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Typical snotty upper class crap. Price the common man out of the market so only the elite will have guns. Reaks of pre-French Revolution politics. We all remember how that ended up.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-11-2012, 04:14 AM   #4
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 843

Come move across the river. You can stand on the bank and flip IL the bird.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 02-11-2012, 04:22 AM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This is typical of anti-gun schemes to either price or regulate gun ownership out of exisitence. Their hope is either you will not want to spend the money or go through the hassel each time. This needs to be challenged as yet another back door way to infringe upon gun ownership in violation of the second amendment. They wont stop trying and we must not stop challenging them.

Bill
NRA Life Member

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is God’s job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine

Old 02-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #6

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksiR View Post
I guess they're just wanting to make handgun ownership unattractive by making it expensive. The idiot politicians are doing the same thing here, 95$ for every "permit to acquire", any gun. They are trying to lower the number of firearm permits, somehow they also think this is going to stop gun crime. In response, I try to apply for as many permits as I can
They're already doing it here, here's what I had to go through to get my Colt 45:
-FOID (received it 4-5 weeks later) $10
-Chicago Firearm Permit Course (REQUIRED) $111
-Chicago Firearm Permit (surprisingly received it in one week) $100
-Firearm Registration (also received it in one week) $15

TOTAL = $236
not counting the hours driving all the way to the distant police station that processes the applications.

Now what's interesting is the police station is conveniently opened from 9 something to 3:30PM Monday thru Friday ONLY. You have a job? Well you're out of luck because you have to go all the way there in person to get fingerprinted and I don't know a lot of jobs that let you out in time to drive all the way down there. Here you got both a financial and availability "filter" of who gets to practice their 2nd amendment right.

Permit must be renewed every 3 years, should be gone by then

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 02-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7814 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9832

Ir's not going to make any difference in the long run. The law abiding citizens are going to follow the rules and the thugs are still going to have their illegal guns and commit the crimes.

Truly, I am wanting to get out of this state more and more. What I am most afraid of is the law is going to pass that will make it illegal for me to own my Ruger Mark II because it is a semi-auto. Like that Mark II is more deadly than my revolver that shoots .357 magnums simply because it's semi-auto?

Old 02-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Quote:
Typical snotty upper class crap. Price the common man out of the market so only the elite will have guns.
Reaks of pre-French Revolution politics. We all remember how that ended up.
I don't think this fall into the class war, "they" have been after our guns way before class warfare was in Vogue.

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 02-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #9

Liked 2774 Times on 1249 Posts
Likes Given: 2663

It is an infringement on 2a. It should be challenged by the NRA. Illinois is telling you that if you can't afford the tax then you don't have the right to protect yourself and your family. It's a blatant in your face to the poor and it's democrats who are doing this to them all the while smiling in their faces and telling them that the democratic party is the party of the poor and working poor.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

**** Chicago. I'm sick of it. It's even illegal to own throwing knives and ninja weapons. This state blows. Do they just want the bangers to run it??? Might as well let them. They already do. They outnumber everyone in Chicago. Go on YouTube and look up gang bang city. That just shows you how many there are. But WE can't protect ourselves from them. There's no hope.