Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Chicago Liberals are at it again (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/chicago-liberals-again-57461/)

PrimePorkchop 02-11-2012 02:03 AM

Chicago Liberals are at it again

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2844978/posts

I mean...really?

Handguns are "evil" and "dangerous" (according to yuppy liberals) but the answer to that is "charge them money" and somehow the "danger" goes away? :eek:

It's just glaring proof that these uppity cowards only care about money money money.

Damnit I hate living in this state :mad:

AleksiR 02-11-2012 02:18 AM

I guess they're just wanting to make handgun ownership unattractive by making it expensive. The idiot politicians are doing the same thing here, 95$ for every "permit to acquire", any gun. They are trying to lower the number of firearm permits, somehow they also think this is going to stop gun crime. In response, I try to apply for as many permits as I can :D

robocop10mm 02-11-2012 04:05 AM

Typical snotty upper class crap. Price the common man out of the market so only the elite will have guns. Reaks of pre-French Revolution politics. We all remember how that ended up.

ScottA 02-11-2012 04:14 AM

Come move across the river. You can stand on the bank and flip IL the bird.

alxltd1 02-11-2012 04:22 AM

This is typical of anti-gun schemes to either price or regulate gun ownership out of exisitence. Their hope is either you will not want to spend the money or go through the hassel each time. This needs to be challenged as yet another back door way to infringe upon gun ownership in violation of the second amendment. They wont stop trying and we must not stop challenging them.

2ndAmendmentFreedom 02-11-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleksiR (Post 705132)
I guess they're just wanting to make handgun ownership unattractive by making it expensive. The idiot politicians are doing the same thing here, 95$ for every "permit to acquire", any gun. They are trying to lower the number of firearm permits, somehow they also think this is going to stop gun crime. In response, I try to apply for as many permits as I can :D

They're already doing it here, here's what I had to go through to get my Colt 45:
-FOID (received it 4-5 weeks later) $10
-Chicago Firearm Permit Course (REQUIRED) $111
-Chicago Firearm Permit (surprisingly received it in one week) $100
-Firearm Registration (also received it in one week) $15

TOTAL = $236
not counting the hours driving all the way to the distant police station that processes the applications.

Now what's interesting is the police station is conveniently opened from 9 something to 3:30PM Monday thru Friday ONLY. You have a job? Well you're out of luck because you have to go all the way there in person to get fingerprinted and I don't know a lot of jobs that let you out in time to drive all the way down there. Here you got both a financial and availability "filter" of who gets to practice their 2nd amendment right.

Permit must be renewed every 3 years, should be gone by then :)

winds-of-change 02-11-2012 09:59 AM

Ir's not going to make any difference in the long run. The law abiding citizens are going to follow the rules and the thugs are still going to have their illegal guns and commit the crimes.

Truly, I am wanting to get out of this state more and more. What I am most afraid of is the law is going to pass that will make it illegal for me to own my Ruger Mark II because it is a semi-auto. Like that Mark II is more deadly than my revolver that shoots .357 magnums simply because it's semi-auto? :confused:

rigjumpr 02-11-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 705214)
Quote:

Typical snotty upper class crap. Price the common man out of the market so only the elite will have guns.
Reaks of pre-French Revolution politics. We all remember how that ended up.

I don't think this fall into the class war, "they" have been after our guns way before class warfare was in Vogue.

rjd3282 02-11-2012 12:07 PM

It is an infringement on 2a. It should be challenged by the NRA. Illinois is telling you that if you can't afford the tax then you don't have the right to protect yourself and your family. It's a blatant in your face to the poor and it's democrats who are doing this to them all the while smiling in their faces and telling them that the democratic party is the party of the poor and working poor.

NvRbanArms 02-11-2012 12:34 PM

**** Chicago. I'm sick of it. It's even illegal to own throwing knives and ninja weapons. This state blows. Do they just want the bangers to run it??? Might as well let them. They already do. They outnumber everyone in Chicago. Go on YouTube and look up gang bang city. That just shows you how many there are. But WE can't protect ourselves from them. There's no hope.