Chicago gun buy back - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Chicago gun buy back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 05:02 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The Federal and State Laws regarding firearms transfers are being ignored. Everything about these Buy backs is illegal. The BATF the Liberal's Gestapo is hiding while this goes on. No one has ever given an account of what happened to each firearm. This started under LBJ the number one antigun President of all times. LBJ like Obama had little regard for 2nd A rights.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #42

Liked 3164 Times on 1799 Posts
Likes Given: 2328

Does anyone else here feel driven to steal all the guns from

a "buyback" leader's personal collection,

and sell them all to the next "buyback" down

the line?---

Old 06-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #43
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9093 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
Get a rifle brochacho!

Also, this was published today:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2012/06/jersey_city_gun_buy-back_progr_1.html

5 bb guns lol.
Heck, if I they are taking BB guns and giving $100 for them I would buy up all I could at garage sales and what have you just to turn them in! What is the cheapest BB gun that they sell at the local sporting goods or hardware store? Buy a few of them and drive on over to the "buyback" and sell 'em to them still in the package with the price tag on it!

Effing morons.

I think it should be a concerted effort among firearms enthusiasts nationwide to sell off all of their junk for as much money as they will offer. Bankrupt the effort on principle.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #44
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 9985 Times on 5966 Posts
Likes Given: 14070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Heck, if I they are taking BB guns and giving $100 for them I would buy up all I could at garage sales and what have you just to turn them in! What is the cheapest BB gun that they sell at the local sporting goods or hardware store? Buy a few of them and drive on over to the "buyback" and sell 'em to them still in the package with the price tag on it!

Effing morons.

I think it should be a concerted effort among firearms enthusiasts nationwide to sell off all of their junk for as much money as they will offer. Bankrupt the effort on principle.
I believe in Chicago the BB guns only got you $10.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/13370035-418/gunowners-flock-to-turn-in-weapons-at-city-buy-back-program.html

Old 06-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #45

They had a buyback program in Oakland earlier this month but they put a 2 gun limit on how many you could turn in. I wonder if they would give my minor kids 2 guns each? I'll have to start collecting some old crap to turn in.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
Get a rifle brochacho!

Also, this was published today:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2012/06/jersey_city_gun_buy-back_progr_1.html

5 bb guns lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari101 View Post
Poly, I agree. This was my way of proving how well it works! I don't want to think of what other people brought, I got rid of rusted out non repairable junk and in return I get something nice without hearing about it from the wife!
Atari,
You will have to report back on if you are able to just use the cash card to buy a gun directly or if you have to "launder" it somehow first.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #47
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8288 Times on 4261 Posts
Likes Given: 9557

"Our administration is responsible for getting 10,000 guns off the streets",

Sounds good if they say it fast enough, statistics always sound good in stump speeches. Its been proven in this discussion that all that means is another $100K of hard earned money and thousands of hours of Police time has been flushed down the toilet like a stinky turd. The fact that those tasked with Serving and Protecting the citizens using the laws we are required to follow broke many of those laws yet again FOOG (For our own good).

If taking BB Guns, Rusted broken guns and a couple possible threats out of the closets and Grandma's, Veterans and garage sale hunters of the community make them feel better, so be it. I bet the gang Bangers, Thugs, Drug Dealers and Rapists kept their fully functional guns and feel much better knowing that at least a couple Weapons that could have been used against them are no longer a threat!
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 06-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #48
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 9985 Times on 5966 Posts
Likes Given: 14070

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
"Our administration is responsible for getting 10,000 guns off the streets",

Sounds good if they say it fast enough, statistics always sound good in stump speeches. Its been proven in this discussion that all that means is another $100K of hard earned money and thousands of hours of Police time has been flushed down the toilet like a stinky turd. The fact that those tasked with Serving and Protecting the citizens using the laws we are required to follow broke many of those laws yet again FOOG (For our own good).

If taking BB Guns, Rusted broken guns and a couple possible threats out of the closets and Grandma's, Veterans and garage sale hunters of the community make them feel better, so be it. I bet the gang Bangers, Thugs, Drug Dealers and Rapists kept their fully functional guns and feel much better knowing that at least a couple Weapons that could have been used against them are no longer a threat!
Exactly..........

Old 06-25-2012, 03:26 AM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3720 Times on 2413 Posts

Just saw on the news, over 5000 guns turned in, so many they ran out of the 100$ gift cards. 50,000 $ of taxpayer money. Nice.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #50

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1
Just saw on the news, over 5000 guns turned in, so many they ran out of the 100$ gift cards. 50,000 $ of taxpayer money. Nice.
Hate to piss in your Cheerios but it's $500,000