Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Chicago gun buy back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 01:33 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Do you have to be a resident and how long is this buy back going to go for?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 06-24-2012, 01:39 AM   #32

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari101 View Post
Ended up with just four. But I only had a week & a half to find them. Paid out less than 90 for them. All legit sales.
My sister came with and is very anti-gun liberal and she laughed at how much of a joke it was. She actually said shed consider getting her FOID card just to make a few bux once a year! Nice job Chicago.
I asked the cop checking things in if they got anything good and he said they had one lady turn in 2 Viet era ARs and everything else was junk.
ARs or M16s? If the latter I'll wager those never see the smelting pot.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-24-2012, 02:39 AM   #33

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan
Do you have to be a resident and how long is this buy back going to go for?
It's no questions asked, no ID. They only do it once a year, on one day only for a few hrs. They didnt seem to give much notice this year. They've been doing it for a few years, you can google last years stats, something like 4050 guns, a few auto, a few "assault" type and 2 active hand grenades!!!

Old 06-24-2012, 02:42 AM   #34

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Considering what they would do with those guns they can kiss my ass. The only thing they can "buy back" from me is my foot in their ass.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:48 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

ARs or M16s? If the latter I'll wager those never see the smelting pot.
He didn't specify and I wasn't going to ask cus he didn't seem all that friendly. I'm not saying that I don't live in IL, but I didn't really want to give anyone a reason to ID me. I kinda chatted with some people there but it being that type of gathering in Chicago, nobody really wanted to talk about what they were bringing. There was much less of a police presence then expected and had it not been for the abundance of street people, I would have stuck around to see what showed up. Maybe next year!
Now decisions, decisions... Xdm 40 or GP-100? Already have a xdm 45 in 3.8. I'll post up pics of my purchased by Chicago pics when it arrives!

Old 06-24-2012, 02:50 AM   #36
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2132 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 1089

Polygon,

I agree! The only thing they would get from me her is a bad case of lead poisoning!
I Have a motto! I am an American and are protected by my Second Amendment Constitutional Right! Don't Tread On Me! Come Get It!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-24-2012, 02:54 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon
Considering what they would do with those guns they can kiss my ass. The only thing they can "buy back" from me is my foot in their ass.
Poly, I agree. This was my way of proving how well it works! I don't want to think of what other people brought, I got rid of rusted out non repairable junk and in return I get something nice without hearing about it from the wife!

Old 06-24-2012, 02:57 AM   #38
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7894

5,500 turned in today in Chicago. I wish I could go through them and pick a few.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #39

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Get a rifle brochacho!

Also, this was published today:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2012/06/jersey_city_gun_buy-back_progr_1.html

5 bb guns lol.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 06-24-2012, 03:22 AM   #40

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari101 View Post
Poly, I agree. This was my way of proving how well it works! I don't want to think of what other people brought, I got rid of rusted out non repairable junk and in return I get something nice without hearing about it from the wife!
I can see that. I guess I just have trouble supporting something like that regardless simply out principal. Then again, I'm a pretty stubborn person.