Chicago gun buy back - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Chicago gun buy back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan
Where are you guys getting these guns from for less than $100? Seems like even a busted one goes for at least that, not to mention the FFL transfer.
Local face to face sales w/ bill o sale = no FFL fees

Old 06-22-2012, 02:02 AM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3077 Times on 1497 Posts
Likes Given: 1545

It just shows the ignorance of the politicians and liberals! Chicago is a breading ground for them!
The buy backs only clean up the $50 guns or those that are junk. Or a criminal wants to get rid of a homicide or weapon used in a crime with no questions asked. Now how stupid is that! It is almost criminal in itself. Allowing the investigative trail and evidence to be destroyed. If they think for one minute that a gang banger or criminal will turn in a good 1911 45 ACP, Sig, XD or other weapon that is worth a thousand dollars or good drugs on the street they are lunatics. But we already know that! And as mentioned they are also actually violating ATF Federal Law. Of course in this day in the USA and in the realm of present administration and their politics the law only applies to us!
Great example of that, was this week with Obama giving Holder Executive Privilege! WOW! I hope they go after all of them in the end and someone is sentenced for the heinous crimes! Including the death of Officer Terry and others!
But it is alright for them to violate the law and not cooperate with an investigation. And to bend the law and the Constitution to meet their needs!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9077 Times on 5274 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
Where are you guys getting these guns from for less than $100? Seems like even a busted one goes for at least that, not to mention the FFL transfer.
I have a few laying around that I have just accumulated. Some I inherited, that sort of thing.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:05 AM   #24

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 87

Hit me up.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 06-22-2012, 03:26 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
It just shows the ignorance of the politicians and liberals! Chicago is a breading ground for them!
The buy backs only clean up the $50 guns or those that are junk. Or a criminal wants to get rid of a homicide or weapon used in a crime with no questions asked. Now how stupid is that! It is almost criminal in itself. Allowing the investigative trail and evidence to be destroyed. If they think for one minute that a gang banger or criminal will turn in a good 1911 45 ACP, Sig, XD or other weapon that is worth a thousand dollars or good drugs on the street they are lunatics. But we already know that! And as mentioned they are also actually violating ATF Federal Law. Of course in this day in the USA and in the realm of present administration and their politics the law only applies to us!
Great example of that, was this week with Obama giving Holder Executive Privilege! WOW! I hope they go after all of them in the end and someone is sentenced for the heinous crimes! Including the death of Officer Terry and others!
But it is alright for them to violate the law and not cooperate with an investigation. And to bend the law and the Constitution to meet their needs!

From what I've been hold, they advertise as no questions asked and that all weapons will be destroyed. When? After bullistic test are complete and any DNA removed and logged. I'm sure that there is more to this that just $405,000 worth of BS free cards. Just a thought.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:57 AM   #26

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

What good would it do to run expensive test on these firearms? These arms are bought no questions ask or ID. So why would you spend the $750 doing DNA test on junk? This is a political message designed by Liberals. You know the same people who breaking the Nation.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #27

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 87

A DNA test costs 3 dollars....

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 06-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #28

Wow! That was way too easy! In and out in about ten minutes minus getting harassed by the homeless and drug dealers outside. I'll be saving up some more junk for CPD next year! Thanks for my new gun guys!!!

Old 06-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9077 Times on 5274 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari101 View Post
Wow! That was way too easy! In and out in about ten minutes minus getting harassed by the homeless and drug dealers outside. I'll be saving up some more junk for CPD next year! Thanks for my new gun guys!!!
That is totally cool! I'll have to keep my eyes open for a "buyback" around here. I think they do them in Oakland.

How many did you sell?

Old 06-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #30

Ended up with just four. But I only had a week & a half to find them. Paid out less than 90 for them. All legit sales.
My sister came with and is very anti-gun liberal and she laughed at how much of a joke it was. She actually said shed consider getting her FOID card just to make a few bux once a year! Nice job Chicago.
I asked the cop checking things in if they got anything good and he said they had one lady turn in 2 Viet era ARs and everything else was junk.