Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Check It Out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #11

There is nothing shameful about it. Did you go to the site and read about it? They accept everybody from all walks of life; i.e., liberals, conservatives, republicans, democrats, libertarians, it doesn't matter. They just don't look at guns and gun ownership with a political slant.
ct

Last edited by cottontop; 08-10-2013 at 02:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 08-10-2013, 01:08 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 685 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1671

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=21528

No offense to you but after reading 1 thread they seem like angry anti-god/atheists. I don't associate with these kind of people.
I'm Agnostic, long ago quit the hypocracy that pervades all levels of organized religion, and by both of us belonging to this Forum, you are associating with "these kind of people". Get over it.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

cottontop Likes This 
Old 08-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
I'm Agnostic, long ago quit the hypocracy that pervades all levels of organized religion, and by both of us belonging to this Forum, you are associating with "these kind of people". Get over it.
You might want to go reread his post. He said ANGRY ANTI GOD atheists. There's a BIG difference between simply being atheist or agnostic, and being an ass that bashes religion/faith and anyone who believes in a God.

Unless you bash religion/faith and anyone who believes in a God, he probably wasn't referring to you.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:46 AM   #14

Liked 685 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1671

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
You might want to go reread his post. He said ANGRY ANTI GOD atheists. There's a BIG difference between simply being atheist or agnostic, and being an ass that bashes religion/faith and anyone who believes in a God.

Unless you bash religion/faith and anyone who believes in a God, he probably wasn't referring to you.
It struck a nerve.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:01 AM   #15

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I guess I just can't fathom "pro gun/pro 2A" people who I feel their ideology is anti freedom because I can't agree with their political views.

Don't view guns in a political slant? Sounds like a cop out to me, considering liberal politicians (and all too often, conservatives too) are always trying to pass legislation against them.

Kinda reminds me of the guys my mom works with in the coal mine who voted for Obama because they share skin tones, even though he's on record as being anti coal power.

Is this a regular thing with some people? Trying to vote away your jobs and freedoms? I swear I just don't get it.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:06 AM   #16

Liked 676 Times on 360 Posts
Likes Given: 46

NRA only here.

They aren't perfect, but better than the rest.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 08-10-2013, 03:13 AM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20051 Times on 11404 Posts
Likes Given: 50589

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
i believe in the 1st amendment as much as the 2nd, and hold to the thought, freedom of religion, or the lack of if that's your choice. i will respect and defend your right to not believe in God or a higher being if that's your choice.

but when someone wants to lump me into a group they feel is brainwashed or stupid, because i do believe in God, well that's going a bit far. i personally do not feel morally superior to those who choose not to believe in God, and i feel they should respect others as the same. i do not agree with your beliefs, but i will respect it and defend it if it came to that point. i only hope that it's a two way street.
People Like This