Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Cheaperthandirt clarifies it will sell Arms again (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/cheaperthandirt-clarifies-will-sell-arms-again-78924/)

bluez 12-20-2012 01:10 AM

Cheaperthandirt clarifies it will sell Arms again

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

Many here have immediatly assumed the worst.. but looking at all their otehr posts "The Second guarantess the first" etc I think the community over reacted because we are used to expecting the worst

Wrecked 12-20-2012 02:07 AM

Not buying their story, nor will I buy from them again. They ran, when they should have stayed and fought.

bluez 12-20-2012 02:08 AM

Come one fellas the announcement ws up for a day, a day!!
And they been with us for years!

ScottA 12-20-2012 02:12 AM

No matter what the logic behind their statement, this will go down in history as one of the biggest "Oh Crap" moments in firearms marketing.

bluez 12-20-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA (Post 1058691)
No matter what the logic behind their statement, this will go down in history as one of the biggest "Oh Crap" moments in firearms marketing.

quite true.:o

John_Deer 12-20-2012 02:22 AM

None of us knows what is happening behind the scenes at Cheaper than dirt. They could be overwhelmed by their brick and mortar sales. They could have errors in inventory control that could only be remedied by shutting down.

They could have the same problem Virgin Mobile has had lately, the bank is running so slow they can't process credit card transactions. I have a phone through virgin mobile. My account is set up to automatically bill my credit card every month. I had no interruption of service but I was on the phone for a while before my bill got paid.

Ultimate_sig 12-20-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluez (Post 1058684)
Come one fellas the announcement ws up for a day, a day!!
And they been with us for years!

What about the pmag skyrocket prices

rainmakerat92 12-20-2012 02:28 AM

I am done with them. Jacking up the price of pmags to $60 is a good example of adding insult to injury.

mybigguns 12-20-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig (Post 1058709)

What about the pmag skyrocket prices

$40 ea. Guess dirt is pretty expensive these days.

I won't support any company that price gouges.

I've ordered from them in the past, but never will again.

lastrebel70 12-20-2012 02:52 AM

I looked on there site today for the Ruger bx-25 magazines and they were asking $49.99. Think I will be doing all my shopping elsewhere.