Charleton Heston's take on Bad and Good Guns! - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Charleton Heston's take on Bad and Good Guns!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 02:56 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1397 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

It's the same in my country. We have to listen to liberals drone on about how they care for the weak and downtrodden and how conservatives are mean, inbred, racist bigots who live in trailers. The truth in my country is that:

A Conservative Prime Minister raised a standing army of 600,000 in a country with a total population of only 6M in WWI. It was that army who caused the Germans to coin the term "Storm Troopers".

It was a Conservative who created the Bank of Canada during the Great Depression. That is the basis of our ranking among the best banking systems in the world. No bank has ever failed in this country - ever.

A Conservative gave women the right to vote in Canada.

A Conservative appointed the first woman to our federal Cabinet.

The first elected black Member of Parliament was nominated and supported by Conservatives.

A Conservative appointed the first black man to our federal Cabinet.....the first black Lieutenant Governor.

Conservatives gave the vote to our Indians and appointed the first Indian Senator.

The first Chinese MP, the first Muslim MP, the first Japanese MP and the first Hindu MP - all Conservatives. Conservatives appointed more women to the Bench than Liberals ever did.

Our first Bill of Rights came from a Conservative in the 1960's.

Your people and mine have a rich and exceptional history on this planet of human accomplishments and enlightenment. We stand on the shoulders of giants.....conservatives.

Last edited by Rocky7; 10-10-2013 at 03:01 AM.
People Like This 
Old 10-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #82
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1696 Times on 983 Posts
Likes Given: 4120

Likes +1000

Let us continue to stand together and cause the Demprolibturds nothing but trouble until they yield or go away altogether!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
It's the same in my country. We have to listen to liberals drone on about how they care for the weak and downtrodden and how conservatives are mean, inbred, racist bigots who live in trailers. The truth in my country is that:

A Conservative Prime Minister raised a standing army of 600,000 in a country with a total population of only 6M in WWI. It was that army who caused the Germans to coin the term "Storm Troopers".

It was a Conservative who created the Bank of Canada during the Great Depression. That is the basis of our ranking among the best banking systems in the world. No bank has ever failed in this country - ever.

A Conservative gave women the right to vote in Canada.

A Conservative appointed the first woman to our federal Cabinet.

The first elected black Member of Parliament was nominated and supported by Conservatives.

A Conservative appointed the first black man to our federal Cabinet.....the first black Lieutenant Governor.

Conservatives gave the vote to our Indians and appointed the first Indian Senator.

The first Chinese MP, the first Muslim MP, the first Japanese MP and the first Hindu MP - all Conservatives. Conservatives appointed more women to the Bench than Liberals ever did.

Our first Bill of Rights came from a Conservative in the 1960's.

Your people and mine have a rich and exceptional history on this planet of human accomplishments and enlightenment. We stand on the shoulders of giants.....conservatives.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
People Like This 
Old 10-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #83
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1696 Times on 983 Posts
Likes Given: 4120

If it was not for Conservative Politicians in the past, he would not be where he is at today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68 View Post
Chumpfire says King Soterro during his reign has never taken his gun rights away but the SOB sure tried. If it wasn't for conservative American's and conservative politicians standing up to the king they would have succeeded after sandy hook.

Lots of folks get paid to work for an organization they love and believe in. Soterro has never earned an honest dime in his pathetic life and probably never will. He is a disgrace and if the bastard could take your 20+ guns, he would.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
People Like This 
Old 10-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #84
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

this thread needs another shameless bump again!
People Like This 
Old 11-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #85

another shameless bump again!

speaking of Charleton Heston, here are some good movies starring him, which i liked.

Soylent Green. 1973.

Omega Man. 1971.

Planet of the Apes. 1968.

Midway. 1975.

The Ten Commandments. 1956.

Ben Hur. 1959.

Will Penny. 1968.
People Like This 
Old 11-10-2013, 12:59 AM   #86

Liked 266 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Skip ahead to 8 minute mark in above vid .

Heston said, in one interview, it was " inappropriate " for a private citizen to own an AK-47 .
Heston was brought in to defeat hardliner Neal Knox for the NRA President spot . He was part of the compromising crowd that smeared Knox .

Knox was a gentleman and a man of principle . I had the honor of meeting him and shooting with him .

Old 11-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mriKxqqDcmU

Heston said, in one interview, it was " inappropriate " for a private citizen to own an AK-47 .
Heston was brought in to defeat hardliner Neal Knox for the NRA President spot . He was part of the compromising crowd that smeared Knox .

Knox was a gentleman and a man of principle . I had the honor of meeting him and shooting with him .
and your point? my thread is about Charleton Heston, and not Neal Knox.
wizard63 Likes This 
Old 11-10-2013, 02:29 AM   #88

Liked 1397 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mriKxqqDcmU

I say nothing about that political spat, but I think you may have underestimated Heston's understanding of what a true AK-47 is. It is a select fire fully automatic submachine gun. Note how the interviewer lumped "AK-47, Uzi submachine gun"? Heston probably assumes he knows something about guns and therefore was referring to the Soviet military (true) AK47, I'd say.

Orrrr, he might've meant one of these :

Charleton Heston's take on Bad and Good Guns! - Legal and Activism
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-10-2013, 03:28 AM   #89

Liked 266 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Axxe :
My point was that Heston...

1) Mistakenly or purposely, falsely says that automatic weapons are illegal and have been since 1936 . In reality they are subject to a tax and a freeze but are legal for private ownership . He approvingly mentions NRA complicity in passing the 1936 restrictions .

2) He worked with the crew that opposed Neal Knox, thereby opposing a hard line defender of our gun rights . My mention of Knox is relevant here .

3) He appears to B.S. his way out of discussing the guns under threat of a ban instead of pointing out the relative lethality of a shotgun versus an AK-47 look-alike, the folly of going after ugly guns, the meaning of semi-automatic and the " divide and conquer " strategy of the gun ban lobby .

4) When he once said in another interview that " Of course it is inappropriate for a private citizen to own an AK-47 " , he failed to specify that he meant fully automatic and left the impression he meant semi-automatics such as the AKS . In fact, that is obviously what he meant . In other words, he tried to defuse the question with B.S. ( I wish I could find the tape of that interview ) . EDIT : Ah Ha ! Here's a link that covers the interview I was looking for : http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/rkba-47.html

Last edited by Rentacop; 11-10-2013 at 03:39 AM.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:30 AM   #90

Quote:
Axxe :
My point was that Heston...

1) Mistakenly or purposely, falsely says that automatic weapons are illegal and have been since 1936 . In reality they are subject to a tax an a freeze but are legal for private ownership . He approvingly mentions NRA complicity in passing the 1936 restrictions .

2) He worked with the crew that opposed Neal Knox, thereby opposing a hard line defender of our gun rights . My mention of Knox is relevant here .

3) He appears to B.S. his way out of discussing the guns under threat of a ban instead of pointing out the relative lethality of a shotgun versus an AK-47 look-alike, the folly of going after ugly guns, the meaning of semi-automatic and the " divide and conquer strategy of the gun ban lobby .

4) When he once said in another interview that " Of course it is inappropriate for a private citizen to own an AK-47 " , he failed to specify that he meant fully automatic and left the impression he meant semi-automatics such as the AKS . In fact, that is obviously what he meant . In other words, he tried to defuse the question with B.S. ( I wish I could find the tape of that interview ) .
then start your own thread about Neal Knox.
wizard63 Likes This 
Closed Thread