Charleton Heston's take on Bad and Good Guns! - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Charleton Heston's take on Bad and Good Guns!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1460 Times on 884 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
Chainfire, you are not very good at this are you?

so waht again is your point? was he the greatest actor? no, he wasn't, but he felt committed to his beliefs and one of those was the rights of the LAC owning guns.

so again what is your point, other than making yourself look silly?
Since your cognitive abilities seem to be lacking, I will explain it to you again, and this time, I will type it very slowly.

Your hero, Heston, changed as the winds changed. He was the paid spokesman for the NRA, he was an actor, playing a part. "Cold dead hands" was scripted by others for the consumption of the gullible. He was committed only to receiving a paycheck after his formal acting career was waning. Rolls change, but people rarely do, unless they had no strong core beliefs to begin with.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Chainfire; 08-18-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #62
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6141 Times on 3042 Posts
Likes Given: 6518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Since your cognitive abilities seem to be lacking, I will explain it to you again, and this time, I will type it very slowly.

Your hero, Heston, changed as the winds changed. He was the paid spokesman for the NRA, he was an actor, playing a part. "Cold dead hands" was scripted by others for the consumption of the gullible. He was committed only to receiving a paycheck after his formal acting career was waning. Rolls change, but people rarely do, unless they had no strong core beliefs to begin with.
CF, your always preaching "everyone needs to be open to change" here on FTF, then you mock those that change if they dont fit the mold you want them caste in. Im a perfect example of someone who has changed greatly in half a century while still maintaining my corp beliefs and values as learned as a child.

Two weeks before I entered the US Army, My hair was down to my shoulders, I has failed out of college and tried every form of readily available drug and booze combination we could dream up. I hated the establishment, didnt trust the Government because of Watergate and learned about the real Vietnam War from Friends who returned all Phucked up from it. I joined to escape life failure not because I was a hero wanna be.

Somehow, this screwed up hippy became a very successful and later retired AA Platoon Sgt, learned Electronics Engineering on my own, got a great career and opened a small business, raised a family, 4 grandchildren and a great life to boot.

Change isnt only what you think it is Chainfire! If Heston was something and became something else, that may be his change just as Ronald Reagan went from Bedtime with Bonzo to being one of the most highly regarded men in the history of our Great Nation, change happens. I cant remember who it was that first said we start life as a Liberal and become more Conservative every day until we die (if we have any sense!) but they were right.

Lastly CF, if you truly understand the depth of true diversity, you know that the bare Constitution and BOR's are our only protection against unequal treatment and persecution. If you think any "group think" replaces the diverse and dissimilar concerns of free and diverse nation, you just plain wrong!

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 08-18-2013 at 12:10 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #63
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I once had somewhat Liberal beliefs, then I realized how wrong and misguided they were as I grew older and learned more about how the world really was. Change can be good.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 08-18-2013 at 03:26 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #64
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 860 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Quote:

When we are young we are deeply influenced by our parents, teachers elders etc. But when we mature and begin to think on our own we change, we form our own opinions and prejudices.

My first Presidential vote was for JFK, I was and my family were democrats. The democrat party of today has strayed very far from its core beliefs of fifty years ago as has the republican party!

People who from an early age who have been given the tools to discern good from evil and right from wrong will invariably change as their knowledge/wisdom increases. Anyone who is the same today as he/she was in their youth clearly has a closed mind and has gone with the flow! We as a people are clearly degenerating, our education system has failed and our morality is at an all time low.

We need to get back to the basics this country was founded on forget the terms "fair and equal" life is neither of those! We are granted (so far) the opportunity to pursue "Life, Liberty, Happiness! All of which necessitates getting off our backsides and doing something productive!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

People Like This 
Old 08-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #65
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I cant remember who it was that first said we start life as a Liberal and become more Conservative every day until we die (if we have any sense!) but they were right.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

Winston Churchill
Old 08-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #66
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:

i was waiting for you to say that! that makes you one of the biggest hypocrites there is. because you are so God-like worshiping of Obama, it is alright for him to do something, but in your eyes wrong if someone else does it.

that is exactly what Obama has done his entire political career. played one role to get the votes to ge into an office then did just exactly as he pleased.

even if what you say is true, and i am not convinced you are, simply because you are wrong on so many things, at least Heston isn't using his position to violate the Constitution like Obama has.

your mental state really concerns me. you don't seem very well rooted in reality, and after your little outburst and threat to others over a smart phone, you might seriously consider getting some professional help for that. maybe even anger management. the part that really concerns me is the fact that you own guns and get this agitated over trivial things, could possibly make people wonder if you should be allowed around guns for the safety of other or even yourself.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:08 AM   #67

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Your hero, Heston, changed as the winds changed. He was the paid spokesman for the NRA, he was....
Ever notice how liberals flip over to a personal character attack as soon as they realize their facts and/or reasoning on an issue are wonky?

Just sayin'......it's pretty noticeable if you're watching for it.

Carry on.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

People Like This 
Old 08-19-2013, 03:04 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Ever notice how liberals flip over to a personal character attack as soon as they realize their facts and/or reasoning on an issue are wonky?

Just sayin'......it's pretty noticeable if you're watching for it.

Carry on.
exactly! Chainfire played right into that!

it seemed for him that if Obama does something it's okay, but not okay if someone else does it and it goes against his beliefs.

the true definition of a hypocrite.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #69

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Loved Heston. While he was president of the NRA membership increased by almost a million members.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #70

shameless thread bump!

not really! but i did it anyways!

Closed Thread