Charleton Heston's take on Bad and Good Guns! - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Charleton Heston's take on Bad and Good Guns!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #51
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Chainfire, you are not very good at this are you?

so waht again is your point? was he the greatest actor? no, he wasn't, but he felt committed to his beliefs and one of those was the rights of the LAC owning guns.

so again what is your point, other than making yourself look silly?
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-18-2013, 12:59 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Obama has been in power going on five years, he has yet to restrict any of my gun rights. I have bought at least 20 guns since he has been in office.

Here is a statement from the poster boy for conservatives:

"I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.'' ---Ronald Reagan, at his birthday celebration in 1989.

Here is what Wiki has to say about Heston, it seem like he changed sides many times and played the role of gun hero after his movie career collapsed:

Charlton Heston
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Charlton Heston
CharltonHestonCivilRightsMarch1963Retouched.jpg
Heston at the 1963 Civil Rights March on Washington
Born John Charles Carter
October 4, 1923
Wilmette, Illinois, U.S.
Died April 5, 2008 (aged 84)
Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
Cause of death Pneumonia
Resting place Saint Matthew's Episcopal Church Columbarium
Pacific Palisades, California, U.S.
Nationality American
Education New Trier High School
Alma mater Northwestern University
Occupation Actor, film director, activist
Years active 1941–2003
Home town St. Helen, Michigan
Net worth $40 million
Height 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Religion Episcopal
Spouse(s) Lydia Clarke (1944-2008; his death)
Children Fraser Clarke Heston (b. 1955)
Holly Ann Heston (b. 1961)
Military career
Allegiance United States of America
Service/branch United States Army Air Forces
Years of service 1944-46
Rank Staff Sergeant
Battles/wars World War II
Charlton Heston (October 4, 1923 – April 5, 2008), born John Charles Carter, was an American actor in film, theatre and television[1] and a political activist.
As a Hollywood star he appeared in 100 films over the course of 60 years. He is best known for his roles in The Ten Commandments (1956); Ben-Hur, for which he won the Academy Award for Best Actor (1959); El Cid (1961); and Planet of the Apes (1968). He also is well known for his roles in the films The Greatest Show on Earth (1952) and Touch of Evil (1958). His most memorable scenes were as Moses parting the Red Sea in The Ten Commandments and winning a spectacular chariot duel in Ben-Hur. The starring roles gave the actor a grave, authoritative persona and embodied responsibility, individualism and masculinity; he rejected scripts that did not emphasize those virtues. His media image as a spokesman for Judeo-Christian moral values enabled his political voice.[2]
Heston's political activism had four stages. In the first stage, 1955–61, he endorsed the Democratic candidates for president, and signed on to petitions and liberal political causes. From 1961 to 1972, the second stage, he continued to endorse Democratic candidates for president. In 1965-71, he served as the elected president of the Screen Actors Guild, and clashed with his liberal rival Ed Asner. Moving beyond Hollywood, he became nationally visible in 1963 in support of the civil rights bill, and in 1968 used his "cowboy" persona to publicize gun control measures. The third stage began in 1972. Like many neoconservatives of the same era who moved from liberal Democrat to conservative Republican, he rejected the liberalism of George McGovern and supported Richard Nixon in 1972 for President. In the 1980s, he gave strong support to his friend Ronald Reagan in his conservative presidency.
In 1995, Heston entered his fourth stage by establishing his own political action fund-raising committee, and jumped into the internal politics of the National Rifle Association. He gave numerous culture wars speeches and interviews upholding the conservative position, blaming media and academia for imposing what he saw as unfair reverse discrimination.[3][not in citation given (See discussion.)] His most famous role came as the five-term president of the National Rifle Association (1998-2003), as he traveled the country, giving speeches and interviews that supported gun rights. He implied he would die for his Second Amendment rights, rousing his audiences with his signature line, holding a rifle above his head and pledging that he would never surrender it — they would have to pry it from "my cold dead hands."[4]

Hell, if he had lived another ten years his next role may have been a Communist.
1) Are you saying Obama DIDN'T try to ban guns? Because I can post plenty of videos that prove otherwise.

2) I couldn't give a **** what Reagan said. We are talking about Obama, not Regan, Bush, or anyone else. As usually, your just trying to divert attention away from the original debate.

3) Really? Wikipedia?

4) Are you saying people can't wise up and change? Because that's apparently what happened.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 08-18-2013 at 01:02 AM.
People Like This 
Old 08-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
A couple things here.

1) Are you saying Obama DIDN'T try to ban guns? Because I can post plenty of videos that prove otherwise.

2) I couldn't give a **** what Reagan said. We are talking about Obama, not Regan, Bush, or anyone else. As usually, your just trying to divert attention away from the original debate.

3) Really? Wikipedia?

4) Are you saying people can't wise up and change? Because that's apparently what happened.
TWW, don't confuse him with facts or the truth. he knows Obama is the New Messiah come to save all of us worthless subjects, FOOG.
People Like This 
Old 08-18-2013, 03:07 AM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 488 Times on 314 Posts
Likes Given: 1165

I have the same diagreement with Roger (a kid who was in my 7th & 8th grade classes that loves obama) Whenever I try to discuss my complaints of obama, he replies with Bush_-----. He never has been able to say anything substantial and or positive that obama has accomplished
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-18-2013, 05:28 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
I have the same diagreement with Roger (a kid who was in my 7th & 8th grade classes that loves obama) Whenever I try to discuss my complaints of obama, he replies with Bush_-----. He never has been able to say anything substantial and or positive that obama has accomplished
i have heard people say he's doing great things for our country and getting it back on track and things are looking better than they have in years.

i am like, WTH? are we talking about the same Obama and the same country?

Old 08-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #56

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

As the Nazi minority took over the Democratic German Republic many saw no problem. Germany was the first to recognize "Gay" rights and ban cigarettes. The poorly educated dependent class flocked to the Nazi cause. In the last days standing in a waste land they all said we did not know. I suppose they didn't know. Do I hear an echo of the past?
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
As the Nazi minority took over the Democratic German Republic many saw no problem. Germany was the first to recognize "Gay" rights and ban cigarettes. The poorly educated dependent class flocked to the Nazi cause. In the last days standing in a waste land they all said we did not know. I suppose they didn't know. Do I hear an echo of the past?
some people say there is no comparison of Obama to Hitler. the biggest difference is Obama hasn't succeeded yet in killing 6 million people and we haven't given in to him either.

but their ideology and methods have a scary parallel to them.
nitestalker Likes This 
Old 08-18-2013, 06:01 AM   #58

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Maybe not 6 million. He is the first American President to seek out and kill American dissidents with out due process. The Drones are indiscriminate and the collateral damage is never reported.
People Like This 
Old 08-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #59

Liked 1728 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
If what you are hearing is that the current president can be compared to Adolph Hitler, you need some medications, because the voices are in your head.

Carl Sagan

Old 08-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #60

Liked 1728 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
some people say there is no comparison of Obama to Hitler. the biggest difference is Obama hasn't succeeded yet in killing 6 million people and we haven't given in to him either.

but their ideology and methods have a scary parallel to them.
Who tells you this garbage? Study history before you comment on it.

Carl Sagan

Closed Thread