Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Charles Krauthammer "Disarm the Citizenry. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/charles-krauthammer-disarm-citizenry-39673/)

Kimber45 03-12-2011 03:02 AM

Charles Krauthammer "Disarm the Citizenry.

"Ultimately, a civilized society must disarm its citizenry if it is to have a modicum of domestic tranquility of the kind enjoyed in sister democracies like Canada and Britain."

Editorials & Opinion | Both Sides Blowing Smoke In Gun Debate | Seattle Times Newspaper

Sipsey Street Irregulars: For those of you who thought the Krauthammer quote was tongue-in-cheek. It wasn't. Never trust a neo-con.

skullcrusher 03-12-2011 03:14 AM

Oh good effin my gosh. :rolleyes:

If you don't get Krauthammer now, you never will.

dunerunner 03-12-2011 03:17 AM

It the Lumbaugh thing!! Demonstrate absurdity by being absurd!!

bkt 03-12-2011 01:13 PM

I read a fair amount and this didn't strike me as tongue-in-cheek absurdity at all. Quite the contrary.

Krauthammer has said and written many very good, sensible things since writing this article. But if he still feels this way, he's just a fellow traveler who shares a few ideas but not a core set of principles.

Swampbilly 03-16-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimber45 (Post 462916)
"Ultimately, a civilized society must disarm its citizenry if it is to have a modicum of domestic tranquility of the kind enjoyed in sister democracies like Canada and Britain."

Editorials & Opinion | Both Sides Blowing Smoke In Gun Debate | Seattle Times Newspaper

Sipsey Street Irregulars: For those of you who thought the Krauthammer quote was tongue-in-cheek. It wasn't. Never trust a neo-con.

There's a reason why Communist dictators referred to people like Charles Krauthammer as "Useful Idiots".

Regards,

Swampbilly

camiller 03-16-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't gun crime and other violent crime go up when Britain "disarm[ed] its citizenry"?

c3shooter 03-16-2011 10:12 PM

I am certain that disarming the residents of the Jewish Ghetto in Warsaw in the 1930s prevented a lot of violence

BTW, if you were not aware, green italics indicates sarcasm.

Swampbilly 03-16-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camiller (Post 466216)
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't gun crime and other violent crime go up when Britain "disarm[ed] its citizenry"?

No..you are not wrong.

Also, if you do some research, the "Anti's" not only went for gun bans, but also practically legislated away British citizen's God-given natural rights to self defense.

Knife bans, lobbying for "stab proof" kitchen knives, now lobbying for bans on glass, in drink glasses, in Pubs.

Be aware and ever vigilant against the lunacy of the anti self defense morons.

Regards,

Swampbilly

Kimber45 03-16-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 466221)
I am certain that disarming the residents of the Jewish Ghetto in Warsaw in the 1930s prevented a lot of violence

BTW, if you were not aware, green italics indicates sarcasm.

Green italics? Didn't know that, thanks.

prof-milton-fireballs 03-17-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

For those of you who thought the Krauthammer quote was tongue-in-cheek. It wasn't. Never trust a neo-con.

Krauthammer, sitting around at his well-paid Washington talk shows, as he does, apparently does not know that the UK is a very violent society. Perhaps he does not know about British football hooligans.