Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Charge dismissed against student who refused to remove NRA shirt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #11
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
A Federal Civil Rights law suit against the teacher and the school district should get the attention of the anti's.
I saw a story on this yesterday, and they are suing the teacher and the school district.

Score one for liberty.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 06-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #12

Liked 1641 Times on 926 Posts
Likes Given: 1093

My son just finished middle school. He would wear t shirts with video game logos on them. He is a Halo and Call of Duty fan. There is one teacher there that doesn't like it. That teacher has told him several times to stop wearing those shirts. One time he was wearing a shirt that had the Halo emblem and a lightning bolt type of thing coming down out of the sky. That one didn't even have a weapon on it. She complained about it too. I told him to simply say the he is exercising his right to freedom of speech. She has bothered him many times. But it never gone beyond the two of them. We have never even been notified.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19578 Times on 11111 Posts
Likes Given: 49290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
My son just finished middle school. He would wear t shirts with video game logos on them. He is a Halo and Call of Duty fan. There is one teacher there that doesn't like it. That teacher has told him several times to stop wearing those shirts. One time he was wearing a shirt that had the Halo emblem and a lightning bolt type of thing coming down out of the sky. That one didn't even have a weapon on it. She complained about it too. I told him to simply say the he is exercising his right to freedom of speech. She has bothered him many times. But it never gone beyond the two of them. We have never even been notified.
Rick, i would think about having a long talk with the principal. it's quite possible you son is not the only one, and if his shirts are in line with the dress code, that teacher is overstepping their boundaries.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #14

Liked 816 Times on 543 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Yeah, exactly where can they draw the line? IMO, a shirt with F**K! on it is too much. But a video game or NRA shirt is no problem. If it were me, I'd go see the teacher THEN the principal, and tell them both they better back off. And get their dress code in my hand in writing, and signed by both.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #15

Liked 307 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Yeah, exactly where can they draw the line? IMO, a shirt with F**K! on it is too much. But a video game or NRA shirt is no problem. If it were me, I'd go see the teacher THEN the principal, and tell them both they better back off. And get their dress code in my hand in writing, and signed by both.
Exactly right! If the shirt complies with the dress code then the shirt is none of this teacher's business.