Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Change In Career....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Way to go, good luck.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 09-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #32

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

You should work to repeal "gun control".

Imagine if your the guy who accomplishes that!

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 10-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #33

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
You should work to repeal "gun control".

Imagine if your the guy who accomplishes that!
I believe strongly in Gun Control!

You know....

Trigger Control

LOL

Old 10-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #34

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Yahoo, another State Union worker retiring @ 50 yrs old. Let me guess were paying for your education to. Just another welfare case to pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Old 10-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
I checked the mail yesterday (Sunday)....I forgot to get it Saturday.

I got my acceptance letter to UofA College Of Law. Yes, that's right....I am going to be the oldest (probably) law student there.

After 23 years wearing a badge...now I am going to go to the dark side and be a barrister.

Not to worry though...I will NOT be an ambulance chaser. As of now, my plan is to specialize in firearm law and self defense representation. I will especially NOT work in the public defender's office. Though working as a prosecutor for a year or two has some appeal.

That's three years away, assuming my old brain is still capable of learning anything new.

At least I won't have to work while going to school...the pension checks will continue to roll on in.

Wish me luck all.

(I will set up a paypal account for legal questions...LOL...just kidding)

Good Luck to ya'!!

Old 10-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #36

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmaster207 View Post
Yahoo, another State Union worker retiring @ 50 yrs old. Let me guess were paying for your education to. Just another welfare case to pay for.

Negative there ghostrider...I am NOT a union worker, never was. I am paying for my OWN education. Not 50 either...43...

Arizona is a right to work state. You can join the union if you choose, which I never did. AZCOPS isn't a "strong arm labor union"....it's more of a policy watchdog and officer survival group. One thing it does is help with legal representation etc...but it is NOT a collective bargaining body.

So, I don't know what hair you have up your hiney, but you might want to have your facts straight before you open your pie hole. So, yep, after 20 years I could retire. I stayed 23. I earned my pension. I don't feel a bit bad about it. Are military guys who do their 20 and retire "federal union workers"?

Old 10-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #37
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2008 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
Negative there ghostrider...I am NOT a union worker, never was. I am paying for my OWN education. Not 50 either...43...

Arizona is a right to work state. You can join the union if you choose, which I never did. AZCOPS isn't a "strong arm labor union"....it's more of a policy watchdog and officer survival group. One thing it does is help with legal representation etc...but it is NOT a collective bargaining body.

So, I don't know what hair you have up your hiney, but you might want to have your facts straight before you open your pie hole. So, yep, after 20 years I could retire. I stayed 23. I earned my pension. I don't feel a bit bad about it. Are military guys who do their 20 and retire "federal union workers"?
I hope his comments were tongue in cheek.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 10-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #38

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I hope his comments were tongue in cheek.
Yeah me too Scott. It didn't come across that way though.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #39

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman

I couldn't respect you more. You set an example for all that is good about LEO. I apologize for my generalization.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #40

Liked 396 Times on 219 Posts

Yeah he sounded like he was being a prick to me.

If a man was to retire then go back to school, on tax dollars, it doesn't bother me. At least that man payed taxes while he worked, and Is just getting back what he gave to support people who choose to not work and live off the working mans tax dollars.

let the bullets do the talking!