Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A Challenge To All Forum Readers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

+ 1 Sarge, we are NRA members, we will join GOA.

Folks, listen to the Sarge. Small interest groups get a lot of attention, why because they are pro active! The time to act is now, the time to be involved is now, not when a ban is passed. Even if a ban were passed, we still need to be united and fight for our 2nd amendment right. That means hunters, assault rifle enthusiasts, collectors, nfa people etc.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:57 PM   #22

Ok Sarge, as posted earlier, I'm NRA and TSRA(Texas State Rifle Association), I write and e-mail Congress at least monthly, sometimes more.
My big question is, who if any are planning to organize or attend a TEA party?
Someone mentioned in an earlier reply that, conservatives are not good activist, duly noted. However, the time to get off your lazy a**es is NOW! I'm 50+ years old, too old to be a radical, but, this is chapping my A**. I'm trying to organize a TEA party. I contact Washington, often.
Come on people, they're YOUR rights, be American, fight for them!

"As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also"
Thomas Jefferson

"Freedom is only one generation from extinction"
Pres. Ronald Reagan
Member; NRA, GOA, and TSRA. ResistNet.com member

"When the ballot box no longer counts, the ammunition box does. Whats' in your ammo box?"

Old 03-23-2009, 03:09 AM   #23
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

NRA lifetime member and I still give some every year. The best support is to vote to the person that defends your rights and not the smiley face on TV. Take the time and understand those in office, those thjat want to be in office and support the right choice. Then ride them like a rented mule to get the job done.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:41 AM   #24

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

NRA Member, Forum Supporting Member and just made the decision to send a contribution of $10 a month to NRA. It's only 1/8th what my satellite TV bill is and worth a whole lot more!!

Old 03-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #25

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default NRA member

Recently joined the NRA and now, once I scrape the money together, I think I'll upgrade to a Life Member. I pay close attention to the NRA-ILA email alerts I get and I've got most of my local, state and U.S. government reps email addresses on file. Handy to have your reps' email addresses because you have full access during any critical votes concerning gun regulations and assaults on our Second Amendment rights.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #26

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Hey guys, I posted this in the bunker but think it's more appropiate to provide all members the following thoughts.

Old man with time on his hands or activist?

I am, and have been a member of the NRA back before dirt was brown but if you check my posts in the following thread you will see that the GOA plays a much more active and "user friendly" approach to kick our politicians in the a$$!

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f13/you-us-against-us-10898/#post86359

Their dues are less than the NRA (20$) and if you sign up now you will get a FREE home firearm inventory software package. I run the software on my computer but keep the database on a thumb drive. (covered with a tinfoil helmet!)

Coloseum Software Membership Promotion

The NRA approach to lobbing seams to be the 'Country Club' polished gentlemanly style. I mean that in no way negative.

The GOA approach is more of a ground swell, dirty fingernails, street+computer savvy (remind you of any recently successful political figure?) system of getting things done in a much more spontaneous fashion. I like it!

Hey guys, skip the case of beer or fifth this weekend and sign up.

The more resources we have in our inventory, the more likely the battle outcome will be.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-22-2009, 03:41 AM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Goa

I am a member of both NRA and GOA. Every one needs to look at GOA Congress rating. Not only your state but every state. Look at the state Oklahoma both senate and house. You that live in Oklahoma I take my hat off to you, I wish my state looked as good.

We all need to start working on the ones with D & F ratings, may be the ones with C ratings. Just look at some with C ratings it will surprise you.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:10 AM   #28

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

OK Cane!! Joined GOA today!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #29

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

With over 600 views, I would take a wild guess that everyone currently an active regular on this forum is a member of the NRA and/or GOA, right?

If not, bad, bad, bad...................NO COOKIES FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, sign up. It takes only a couple of minutes. My signature at the bottom of this post has the web address for the GOA, so no excuses......do it!!!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #30

Good job SGT-MILLER!
I have been a long time member of NRA but, now joined GOA. We all need to do something no matter how small... just do something!

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."
- GEORGE WASHINGTON (from his Farewell Address, 1796) .