A Challenge To All Forum Readers
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

A Challenge To All Forum Readers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default A Challenge To All Forum Readers

I hereby issue a challenge to all forum readers (members and non-members). I urge you all to take 5 minutes from your day and sign up as a member of either the Gun Owners of America or the National Rifle Association (or another pro-2nd amendment organization that is productive).

I just became a member of the Gun Owners of America and it literally took me 3 minutes to accomplish so there shouldn't be any excuse about not finding time to do this.

Do something and defend your 2nd amendment rights now before it is too late! Do your part to show this country that the 2nd Amendment is non-negotiable, and also do your part to show this country that gun owners are responsible and caring citizens of this great land.

There are two different classes of people in this country. There are civilians and there are citizens. DO NOT be a civilian! This country is yours and will become what YOU make of it.

Here's the links to the Gun Owners of America and the NRA (if you already are a member of an organization, then I challenge you to make an additional donation to your respective group and work to get more people to join up).

Gun Owners of America

National Rifle Association - NRA Website Gateway

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Already belong to the NRA. Figured it's like voting. If you don't vote, you got no right to complain. If you don't do like Sgt Miller says, and do something to help protect you're rights, you got to right to complain. Go sign up, hell sign up twice.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Also, while you're at it, why not become a supporting member of this forum?

This is one of the best firearms forums out there, and if enough new members join, maybe someone can convince Dillinger to do a little dance and post it on youtube for us.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I already belong to NRA. And as for supporting anything else money is tight in my house, goes along with the economy huh?

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 02-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2614 Times on 1440 Posts
Likes Given: 4137

Very good advice.

Been an NRA member for over 50 years.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #6

Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Hooah .....SGT!! .....+1

A Challenge To All Forum Readers - Legal and Activism

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Stickified this puppy for ya, SGT-MILLER. Nice idea, too!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #8

This is a great idea. My wife and I recently renewed our NRA memberships early. I also contribute to the CalGuns Foundation, who is active in trying to deal with the repressive policies here in California.

Not to thread-jack this, but another thing we can all do is get vocal with our politicians. I know money is tight for many in these times, so contributing to gun rights groups may not be possible for all of us. But something we can all do is send an email to our Congressman or Senator. Let them know what you think about 2A issues. Send them a short note saying thanks when they vote the right way. Let them know when you aren't happy with their position. Be polite, but make sure they know we are out here, and we care deeply about our 2A rights.

With the recent changes I've committed myself to step up my communications with my representatives in Sacramento and D.C. It's something I should have been doing all along, but sometimes we all get complacent.

And yeah, I know, I've got a couple of Senators in D.C that are probably a lost cause, but they are both going to be hearing from me regularly from here on out!

Dave

Old 02-05-2009, 02:36 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Great thread, guys he is absolutely right. If you arent a member please join if you can. And if you are, buying a yearly for someone as a gift is a great idea (birthday, valentines, wedding etc).

Old 02-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

100 views on this thread isn't too bad so far.

There are thousands that visit these forums on a daily basis, so I think we all can do better.

C'mon people. Now is your chance to do something about how you feel. Don't let other people decide how YOU are/are not to defend yourself, family, and home.