Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > CDC study link?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 30 Posts

Default CDC study link?

I keep hearing about this 2002 study the CDC did about guns and gun laws, but I can't find the actual study. Anybody know where a link is for me? Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8615 Times on 3733 Posts
Likes Given: 1323

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5214a2.htm

This is actually a summarization of a BUNCH of other studies by other people.

Now, here is what you are NOT being told.

One of the studies has a death toll for children that is actually higher than the total number of deaths for ALL children by ALL causes.

They do not show a comparison of firearm injuries and other injuries- or you would never have a swimming pool (drowning was MUCH higher cause of death)

One of those studies lists ALL deaths- including the gangbanger shot by police while shooting at them.

One study lists "children" that are 26 years old. You start to wonder if they are including US Service members that are shot in Afghanistan.

Some studies showed a decrease in firearm violence after a new law was passed. Some showed an increase. Some showed no effect. Guess which one makes headlines?

I think it was Mark Twain that said "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics,"

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 02-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #3

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

One should always remember that the CDC is an arm of the liberal, social-ist movement in the U.S. with a goal of providing tanted data to anti-gunner/anti-rights groups and billing it as authority. Take nothing at face value from the CDC.