ccw question

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > ccw question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default ccw question

Ok I am a resident of two different states I live in Indiana and Alabama. Indiana about 7 months out of the year and Alabama the rest of the time. My question is that I have an Alabama ccw permit and it is accepted in Indiana, but however I do not possess an Indiana ccw permit yet. Can I legally carry when in Indiana with my Alabama ccw permit? I have an Indiana drivers license and I am considered a perm. resident of both Indiana and Alabama. Thank you for any responses

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

The internet is not the best place to seek legal advice. I'm sure you can find the laws for those states in the web somewhere.

If I went to lawschool, I would flunk.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #3

Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioActiV View Post
Ok I am a resident of two different states I live in Indiana and Alabama. Indiana about 7 months out of the year and Alabama the rest of the time. My question is that I have an Alabama ccw permit and it is accepted in Indiana, but however I do not possess an Indiana ccw permit yet. Can I legally carry when in Indiana with my Alabama ccw permit? I have an Indiana drivers license and I am considered a perm. resident of both Indiana and Alabama. Thank you for any responses
From Indiana's own web site.....

(quote) http://www.in.gov/isp/files/firearms_FAQ_02_08.pdf
What states honor my Indiana handgun license?
Indiana honors all other states handgun licenses. Not all other states honor Indiana’s
license. Websites and organizations such as the NRA do attempt to track this
information. Each state regulates this area differently and there is no obligation for one
state to notify another state of any change in their law; therefore the department does
not attempt to track this information.
Note: Illinois issues a Firearms Owners Identification (FOI) card. This card relates to
the purchasing of firearms, not a permit to routinely carry a handgun and is therefore is
not honored as such in Indiana.

I am a resident of another state and I have a valid handgun license issued by my
home state. Does Indiana honor my states license?
Yes. Indiana honors valid handgun licenses issued by another state.

Last edited by TnRebel; 02-26-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRebel View Post
From Indiana's own web site.....

(quote) http://www.in.gov/isp/files/firearms_FAQ_02_08.pdf
What states honor my Indiana handgun license?
Indiana honors all other states handgun licenses. Not all other states honor Indiana’s
license. Websites and organizations such as the NRA do attempt to track this
information. Each state regulates this area differently and there is no obligation for one
state to notify another state of any change in their law; therefore the department does
not attempt to track this information.
Note: Illinois issues a Firearms Owners Identification (FOI) card. This card relates to
the purchasing of firearms, not a permit to routinely carry a handgun and is therefore is
not honored as such in Indiana.

I am a resident of another state and I have a valid handgun license issued by my
home state. Does Indiana honor my states license?
Yes. Indiana honors valid handgun licenses issued by another state.
I do know that Indiana honors Alabama and vise versa, but I wasn't sure if while being a resident of Indiana and holding a ccw permit from Alabama while carrying was legal. Thank you for your input

Old 02-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #5

Handgunlaw.us
Looks like your good to go,to check just click the state.
Hope it helps.

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.