CCW bypasses background checks - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > CCW bypasses background checks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2983 Times on 1554 Posts
Likes Given: 275

A Texas CHL affords the holder to bypass the NICS check. Interestingly, my Peace Officer credentials do not afford me the same privelege. I still have to wait for the NICS check. I can get a PO CHL for about $35, but have not gotten around to it.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 217 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 450

If you have a CCW you shouldn't have to be subject to further background checks or any waiting period since the CCW is issued by the state who was supposed to do all the checks. It really isn't that big of a deal for most people but I have 2 friends, a father and son both with the same name, and almost every time they buy a gun they get jerked around for some reason. It has taken them up to 3 weeks in the past to get a long gun which is supposed to be instant check and take her home. If they would just look at the CCW like some states it would avoid a lot of frustration with people who have to deal with those kind of situations.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #13

Liked 4983 Times on 2413 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

CCW waives WA States waiting period but not the check

Tack

Old 03-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Georgia has a Ga. Weapons License allowing you to carry
openly or concealed, a handgun, or knife over 5in. in
length. You may carry a long gun without a license.

There is no background check if you have a GWL and no
waiting period for anyone to buy a gun.

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Old 03-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #15

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Well here in Illinois we don't have ccw....man I hate this state.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #16

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by etbob9
Georgia has a Ga. Weapons License allowing you to carry
openly or concealed, a handgun, or knife over 5in. in
length. You may carry a long gun without a license.

There is no background check if you have a GWL and no
waiting period for anyone to buy a gun.
Also if you are active duty military you don't need the WCL, although I got one just for reciprocity with other states.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #17

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

As of 1 July 2011, Nevada CCW holders do not have to go through the background check (saving them $25). Unfortunately, only those who GOT their CCW on or after 1 July 2011 will be able to take advantage of this. Those who already HAVE their CCW still have to put up with it. The Nevada Sheriffs' Association is in talks now to make that retroactive to ALL CCW holders. As for any wait, if you have ever purchased a handgun in Nevada, there is no wait (original wait is only 3 business days) for any subsequent handgun purchases.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #18

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

In Wyoming if you have a CCW you do not need a Brady check. We do not have waiting periods. In Wyoming you may carry a concealed or open carry without a permit. But in order to void the Brady Law you need a state issued CCW. The state CCW can be issued by mail to residents.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #19

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

In Indiana you were able to purchase without checks until we got a Democrat ( Frank O’Bannon ) in the governors office and he decided a check on every weapon would enable the state to better control ( read restrict ) the weapons.

Remember every time a check is done in your name it is recorded!

Now we are creating another data base to use against us at a time of the governments choosing!

Old 03-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #20

Liked 1651 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
If you have a CCW you shouldn't have to be subject to further background checks or any waiting period since the CCW is issued by the state who was supposed to do all the checks. It really isn't that big of a deal for most people but I have 2 friends, a father and son both with the same name, and almost every time they buy a gun they get jerked around for some reason. It has taken them up to 3 weeks in the past to get a long gun which is supposed to be instant check and take her home. If they would just look at the CCW like some states it would avoid a lot of frustration with people who have to deal with those kind of situations.
I can understand the check, even with the CCW. There is nothing to say that, since you got your license, you haven't been convicted of a crime that would make you ineligible for gun purchases.

Since I hardly ever buy anything that is not C&R eligible any more, all I do is hand over a copy of that, the necessary money, and I am out the door. Or I deal with private sellers where there is no hasssle at all.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan