CCP & Work?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > CCP & Work?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default CCP & Work?

I'm in the process of getting my concealed carry permit in Tennessee and I've been having some trouble nailing down some answers.

Can you carry your gun to work as long as they aren't prohibited by your employer? I work in a small office and we don't have an anti gun policy.

Thanks!

Glock 30S
Glock 19 Gen 4
Glock 23 Gen 4
M&P 15
M&P Shield
Mossberg 500

It doesn't have to be pretty. It just has to always go bang when I pull the trigger.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #2

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

If there's no rule... Then how can you break it?

Research the state law and make sure your office isn't located on a restricted property, or involved in a business that makes it prohibitive. Example: if you work in a courthouse building, there may be no policy because it should already be understood. Smart to leave it out of the employee handbook? No. Possible? Yes. Same as if your state prohibits carry in a bar.

If the state laws don't apply, and your employer's rules don't apply... Keep calm and carry on.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reply. It is not in our handbook, nor is our building on restricted property or anything related to it.

I'll be packing it on a regular basis.

Thanks again!!

Glock 30S
Glock 19 Gen 4
Glock 23 Gen 4
M&P 15
M&P Shield
Mossberg 500

It doesn't have to be pretty. It just has to always go bang when I pull the trigger.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #4

Liked 5005 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwanca View Post
Thanks for the reply. It is not in our handbook, nor is our building on restricted property or anything related to it.

I'll be packing it on a regular basis.

Thanks again!!
Good for you... now for the important part... KEEP IT QUIET.

A part of CCW that many fail to consider is the "intimidation" factor for the lemmings and sheeple that surround us all.

I've EDC'd a concealed handgun daily for 17 years and in all that time, not 1 single coworker has ever know about my "armed" status.

All it takes is 1 person with a beef against you to make a false claim of brandishing or intimidation and BLAM... here comes the policy banning guns in your office and OH... by the way... Here's your pink slip Johnny!

Some good advice I gleaned from an article in American Handgunner, many years ago... went something like this...

"A gun does not make you a Cop anymore than a Fire Extinguisher makes you a Fireman. Both the Gun and the Fire Extinguisher are simply tools who's purpose is to allow you to survive a deadly situation...UNIT PROFESIONAL HELP ARRIVES."

Words to live by my friend. Good luck and be safe.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 03-19-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:25 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Good for you... now for the important part... KEEP IT QUIET.

A part of CCW that many fail to consider is the "intimidation" factor for the lemmings and sheeple that surround us all.

I've EDC'd a concealed handgun daily for 17 years and in all that time, not 1 single coworker has ever know about my "armed" status.

All it takes is 1 person with a beef against you to make a false claim of brandishing or intimidation and BLAM... here comes the policy banning guns in your office and OH... by the way... Here's your pink slip Johnny!

Some good advice I gleaned from an article in American Handgunner, many years ago... went something like this...

"A gun does not make you a Cop anymore than a Fire Extinguisher makes you a Fireman. Both the Gun and the Fire Extinguisher are simply tools who's purpose is to allow you to survive a deadly situation...UNIT PROFESIONAL HELP ARRIVES."

Words to live by my friend. Good luck and be safe.

Tack
Thanks Tack. I'm not interested in others knowing my protection level. Not their business! And like you said- way too easy for someone to pull a line of b.s.

Thank you for the good advice. I've kept it in mind every day.

Andrew

Glock 30S
Glock 19 Gen 4
Glock 23 Gen 4
M&P 15
M&P Shield
Mossberg 500