CC Permit
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > CC Permit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Default CC Permit

My CCL is expiring in August and I received a letter informing me that all I had to do was mail the my current CCL and my $20 check and they would mail me back my renewed license. My concern is that when I mail it, I am without my license but still would like to carry. I have a copy of it and it look just like the original. Canyons see any problems with that? I live in Alabam

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Sorry stupid iPhone. Last sentence should read, does anyone see a problem with that? I live in Alabama if that matters.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:19 PM   #3

Liked 194 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 63

I do not know how Alabama does it , but in Arizona your concealed permit status is known to the police when they check your driver's license. A photocopy could not hurt (especially if is marked "copy"). Maybe checking with your local law enforcement would get you the answer.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Strange that they have you send your actual license back. In Florida, you have to send in a new photo and a check. You're probably okay carrying as long as your license is not allowed to expire. I'd do like the above, photocopy back and front and carry that during the lag time.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I would be careful about that! In Georgia, that would be
a "Forgery" and you could be in a heap of trouble. I don't
know about Alabama, but if you go thru Ga., it could be
a problem.

I definitely would check with your issuing agency, if I
were you. Be careful. It could result in permanent
revocation of your license!

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Old 08-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1245 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 75

In Florida you send in the application with the check, and they send you the renewal, but you keep your original. Since there is no link up with the drivers license here, it is good to have the original until the renewal comes back.

In Alabama, I would call the issuing office and ask them. You can go on forgiveness is easier to get then permission, but you might be threatening your ability to continue to carry.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!