Castle doctrine - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Castle doctrine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 512 Times on 314 Posts

This what I am going to use instead of a gun

image-3909799408.jpg

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 01-09-2012, 01:50 AM   #12

It would be nice if the blood suckers wouldnt chase and champion for the bad guys. Never a thought for victims I guess? But I guess this is America, and they can make money on either side of the fence, to hell with what they look like.
But why would we need something like the castle doctrine? Why should some douche bag court be able to decide how I protect me and mine?

Old 01-09-2012, 01:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667
Do you live in one of the 11 states where this young mother would have been arested?

If so call your state officials and join the 39 ( Oklahoma was one thank fully ) where she did everything right! She was on the phone for 21 minutes with 911 before she pulled the trigger!

Oklahoma Teen Mom Shoots Intruder Dead | Calls 911 First for Permission | Sarah McKinley | Oklahoma City | Video | TheBlaze.com
So I live in the crap state of IL, however my understanding is that we would be OK - is that correct?

Old 01-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #14

Liked 37 Times on 16 Posts

Even in our embarrasing state of IL, we still can defend our families in our home. Just make sure the BG is past the threshold of your entry door. If you shoot him and he lands on the outside of your entry, better pull him over the threshold or you will know doubt be having to do some explaining!

Sent by BelRockRebel on the DROID RAZR using FirearmsTalk

Old 01-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum27 View Post
So I live in the crap state of IL, however my understanding is that we would be OK - is that correct?
If you kill them from the front and stick to your story ...lol

Old 01-09-2012, 02:14 AM   #16
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 852 Times on 384 Posts
Likes Given: 383

I believe NH just joined the ranks.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:26 AM   #17

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

We're good to go in Kansas!!

Old 01-09-2012, 03:04 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Castle Doctrine pretty much means you do not have to retreat when in your castle ( dwelling ) you have the right to stand your ground and defend yourself if you feel your life or someone else is in grave danger.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #19
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8598

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelRockRebel View Post
Even in our embarrasing state of IL, we still can defend our families in our home. Just make sure the BG is past the threshold of your entry door. If you shoot him and he lands on the outside of your entry, better pull him over the threshold or you will know doubt be having to do some explaining!

Sent by BelRockRebel on the DROID RAZR using FirearmsTalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum27 View Post
The State of Illinois must be kept separate from "Cook County" or "The City of Chicago". The gun rules where I live in DeKalb County are very different from those in Cook County or Chicago.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #20

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I thought this would be useful in this thread

Attachment 36994
Hey Downsouth .... need to color in Wisconsin now !!!!

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Yesterday, Governor Scott Walker signed into law important self-defense legislation for the citizens of Wisconsin. Commonly known as the “Castle Doctrine,” Assembly Bill 69 will provide essential protections for law-abiding citizens who defend themselves and their families from a criminal looking to do them harm. This new law took effect immediately.

“Castle Doctrine” establishes the presumption that an individual who forcibly enters one’s home, business or occupied motor vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, and allows the use of force, including deadly force, against that person. This bill also eliminates any “duty to retreat” so that law-abiding citizens no longer must turn their back on a criminal and try to run when attacked.

Finally, AB 69 provides that any person who uses force, authorized by law, shall not be prosecuted for using such force and also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them. In short, it restores rights to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors to focus on protecting victims.

Please contact Governor Walker at govgeneral@wisconsin.gov to thank him for signing Assembly Bill 69 into law and the right to self-defense for Wisconsinites.

Thanks again Gov. Walker !!!!!!! (need a animated clap icon)