Carrying a gun for self defense is stupid - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Carrying a gun for self defense is stupid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 06:20 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Well, I'm on the far opposite side of the spectrum of sweatypie's thinking.

*when did doctors start giving computers to patients in padded rooms?

Old 06-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #22

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by General-Logic View Post
I have used a firearm in self defense and I feel it was a good thing overall that I had it, wasn't murdered and the burglar with a rap sheet including sexual assault didn't rape my girlfriend. Her life is productive and she doesn't have a rape or a dead boyfriend in her memories because of my handgun and because I used it instead of becoming a statistic. The other people that may have been murdered and raped after he was done with us have no such memories either.
Sweatypie can honestly kiss my ass and I mean that sincerely.
I totally agree with the above except for the last sentence, I'm afraid Cowpie would french!!!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #23

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

That is exactly the same way my sister-in-law thinks. When my nephew enlisted, she insisted he go in the Navy because "he wouldn't be shooting women and children" on board a ship.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #24

What really is sad, is that there are many, many sweaty pies out there with the same ideology.....

Old 06-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Can't cure stupid...

Old 06-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2693 Times on 1407 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
"Carrying a gun for self defense is stupid. If you are being robbed, just give the robber what he wants. Your life or any life is not worth money. Very seldom does a robber want to kill you. And there are many women who are raped that go on to live normal, productive lives. Resisting during a rape will just get your face bashed in or worse. Self defense in reality does not work. A gun only increases your or a loved ones chances of getting hurt or killed by that stupid gun you got to protect yourself with.
sweatypie

The View From North Central Idaho

WOW! That's all I can say, WOW!
Not carrying a gun for self defense is stupid.

I will give the robber what he wants followed by what he NEEDS, a mineral injection (Lead and copper).

My life may not be worth what ever money he is trying to steal, but apparently HIS life IS worth it because that is what I am going to charge him.

There are also many women who's lives are completely ruined after a rape. They are as good as dead.

And on the off chance he DOES want to kill me, I will prevent that from happening by killing him first.

Resisting a rape is your GOD GIVEN RIGHT!!!!!

Self defense DOES WORK!!!! It works thousands of times each day. It has worked for thousands of years. If the cave men did not believe in self defense, WE would not be here. We would be so much fosslized tiger scat.

A gun in trained hands absolutely does not increase your chances of being harmed by that gun. That is a lie promulgated by the CDC and their anti-gun agenda. Stats can be skewed to tell any lie you want and the CDC is one of the biggest lying organizations on the planet.

Sweatypie should change his name to Flamingfleshrockettaker. Survival of the fittest is no longer a rule. It is now survival of the loudest lier

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #27

Reminds me of a robbery in Houston many years ago at an A&P. The robber showed the clerk that he meant business by shooting a near by customer.

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm

Old 06-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #28

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesinge2 View Post
If was someone in his/her family that was raped Pie's opinion might be different. I can't believe that people actually believe that it is better to be a helpless victim than to defend oneself.

I, too, personally defended myself with a firearm. Thank god I didn't have to shoot, as the appearance of my weapon ended the encounter. But without it I could have been shot, robbed, or both. I would not hesitate to defend myself again.

Furthermore, a family member of mine has survived a rape encounter and it constantly affects her life. Even with therapy she struggles daily to get past it. I would not wish rape or sexual assault on anyone, even this innate mindless drone, but a statement like this is not just ignorant but insulting to victims of this horrible crime.
I had a woman tell me that if someone broke into her house and killed her family, it was God's will. School teacher. Obama fan.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 06-03-2010, 04:28 AM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
eeewwwww..Sweaty Pie smells funny. Maybe some shower time would clear the thinking up....
I really don't thinkyou can wash this kind of stupid off! It is way too deeply ground in.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-03-2010, 04:34 AM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
I had a woman tell me that if someone broke into her house and killed her family, it was God's will. School teacher. Obama fan.
It is truely a shame that folks like her don't understand that God gave her the means to defend herself and her family.Having the ability to protect your family and yourself, is, in my eyes, Gods will. Giving your children the oportunity to live a long and full life.
I myself NEVER want to be at the mercy of an armed criminal.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson