Carrying in all states - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Carrying in all states

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 06:34 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 22
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

No but they want that and the freedoms the polititons took. As well as stop them from taking more.

__________________
hipoint380 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #92
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoint380 View Post
No but they want that and the freedoms the polititons took. As well as stop them from taking more.
you're still more than welcome to be the test case.

you seem to think it's just about getting a few people together and protesting an unconstitutional law and it will simply be disregarded.

well the reality is, it's not that simple.

if you have the money and time to contest an unconstitutional law through the court systems, by breaking that law and then fighting it through the court systems, then by all means do so. you have mine and others blessing to do so.

sad fact is, i'm not rich, and my time is limited and i have responsiblities just like many others like a job, family and a home to take care of. i can't take care of those from jail, nor do i have the means to fund a legal defence to fight them.

so instead, i vote for those i think will do me the most good as far as representing my rights and protecting them. i joined the NRA so i could have a voice to represent mine and other law abiding gun owners concerns in regards to our gun rights.

that is what mature and responsible adults do.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,609
Liked 474 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Default

Quote:
and how can i pursue those things without the ability to exercise my rights?

at the end of it all, does a person bow down to a false sense of security, the comforts provided for them by others, the oppression to live a life dictated by others, or stand up for the right to exercise our rights and live our lives as free citizens, rather than slaves
I think its taking it a bit far to call the American people slaves.
Quote:
If we look closely at the lives of slaves throughout human history we find that the core characteristics of slavery are the same. Slavery means the loss of free will, it means that violence will be used to maintain control over the slave, and it means that the slave will be exploited, normally in some sort of economic activity, but possibly for sex or even as an object of conspicuous consumption. Slaves may be kidnapped or captured, tricked into slavery, or born into slavery, but their lives will be controlled through violence and they will be exploited. Normally the life of a slave is marked as well by the fact that they receive no payment for their work, only subsistence.
Quote:
i think those things are pretty much irrelevent if a person can't exercise their Constitutional rights
The problem is that the majority of Americans I would guess don't find these things irrelevant and are happy not to rock the boat.
__________________
manta is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #94
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I think its taking it a bit far to call the American people slaves.
The problem is that the majority of Americans I would guess don't find these things irrelevant and are happy not to rock the boat.
welfare and social programs are a form of government sponsored slavery.

many live their lives under this burden and have no desire to cast off that yoke that ties them down.

they know neither success nor failure, because they attempt nothing that requires risk, hard work and ambition to further their lives.

i have known success and failure, and my life has even been rewarding from the failures i have had. but all i have achieved has been from my own hard work and not handed to me from others.
zapata.jpg  
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:44 PM   #95
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Franklin1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 523
Liked 445 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 897

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I think its taking it a bit far to call the American people slaves.
The problem is that the majority of Americans I would guess don't find these things irrelevant and are happy not to rock the boat.
You keep guessing about what the majority of Americans would do. We're here trying to tell you what the majority of Americans would do, or at least a very large part. We don't need "the majority" to have a major impact. Even if only a few hundred thousand started to take up arms, it would be a big deal. I guarantee that there are at least a few million right now willing to take up arms if the government keeps pushing like it is.
__________________
Franklin1995 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:51 PM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,609
Liked 474 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Default

Quote:
You keep guessing about what the majority of Americans would do. We're here trying to tell you what the majority of Americans would do, or at least a very large part. We don't need "the majority" to have a major impact. Even if only a few hundred thousand started to take up arms, it would be a big deal. I guarantee that there are at least a few million right now willing to take up arms if the government keeps pushing like it is.
Have you evidence of what you say, or are you guessing. ?
__________________
manta is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #97
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Franklin1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 523
Liked 445 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 897

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Have you evidence of what you say, or are you guessing. ?
I'm not guessing. There are a lot of people that I personally know that feel this way. You won't find too many people of that mindset in places like NYC or Chicago, but if you get away from places like that, you'll find people that feel this way.

As far as even a few hundred thousand people being a big deal, that's just common sense.
__________________
Franklin1995 is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #98
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,609
Liked 474 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Default

Quote:
I'm not guessing. There are a lot of people that I personally know that feel this way. You won't find too many people of that mindset in places like NYC or Chicago, but if you get away from places like that, you'll find people that feel this way
That's fair enough. I know plenty of people here that don't like lots of laws and some things that government do. But they would not disrupt their lives to do anything about it maybe things are different in America but I see no evidence of it.
__________________
manta is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #99
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
That's fair enough. I know plenty of people here that don't like lots of laws and some things that government do. But they would not disrupt their lives to do anything about it maybe things are different in America but I see no evidence of it.
do you know what happens when you back a person into a corner and there is no where to go?

they tend to come out the corner fighting.

we as Americans are being pushed into the proverbial corner with many things our own government is doing to us.

at some point, push is going to come to shove and we will be coming out of the corner.

at some point, enough will be enough.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #100
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,077
Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
A recent poll showed the majority (60+%) no longer feel the government is on their side!! In other words they see the government as their opposition, not their advocate.
I just wonder how close we are to the 'point of no return' to the total indoctrination and control of the 'people' by the government!!!
History has show that EVERY time this has occurred it did not end well for the 'people'!
The purpose/intent of the BOR's WAS to prevent this.
Total control is a myth... In fact any control is a myth...

Government does not control LEO's anymore that LEO's control the population.

Many in Government and Law Enforcement have a "false sense" of control because up to this point their orders has usually been followed...

...but what happens when the orders are not followed?

...what happens when they pass a law that gets less than 5% compliance? "CT"

...what happens when they send 250 hired Merc's to steal a mans cattle and their little "wanna be" soldiers get run off by protesters backed up with Militia? "NV"

...what happens when the POTUS though his own arrogance and incompetence becomes the laughing stock of the WORLD?

The relevance of the Federal Government Dies...and it's authority to do anything dies with it.

Whether your a Vet, a Cop, or a Citizen... The only thing any of need to do is be ready, and when the moment of truth is forced upon us, have the conviction to stand up to Federal Government and say no.

Stand with your Familly, stand with your neighbors, stand with your local communities... and always stand armed.

Those in DC looking for a problem with never be able to handle a population that is ready for them.

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Red states get more federal money than Blue states Vincine Politics, Religion and Controversy 9 03-27-2014 07:42 PM
When carrying cblowe13 General Handgun Discussion 37 08-11-2013 12:10 AM
Carrying and having to use your gun Buskowski Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 11 03-14-2013 12:27 PM
carrying to other states by plane. cheftonyb Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 21 07-11-2012 04:47 PM
Ok so your carrying your fav 32tudor Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 24 10-03-2011 06:39 PM