Carry at work - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Carry at work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I wonder how many folks with a similar response smoke cigarettes, chew tobacco, or engage in ANY type of high-risk behavior? (that has a MUCH higher chance of killing you than an armed perp will statistically speaking) OOPS I bet the s&$t is gonna hit the fan now! lol
Non sequitur.

I don't smoke, or chew (yuck) but everyone knowingly puts themselves at risk. However, they are doing so of their own volition and can remove themselves from the risk at any time of their choosing. That is part of carrying, being able to remove yourself from that risky situation. Not carrying removes your ability to do this.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

People Like This 
Old 10-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #12

Liked 2053 Times on 1073 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
Non sequitur.

I don't smoke, or chew (yuck) but everyone knowingly puts themselves at risk. However, they are doing so of their own volition and can remove themselves from the risk at any time of their choosing. That is part of carrying, being able to remove yourself from that risky situation. Not carrying removes your ability to do this.
I like the logic you use.

Question: does operating a pink back-hoe put one at risk?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #13

LOL. They made it for the "Digging for a cure" campaign.

But I is a gurl. But don't drive them (I can, just don't)

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 10-10-2012, 04:57 AM   #14
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 889 Times on 559 Posts
Likes Given: 4734

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidawony View Post
I am a REALTOR in South Florida with a full concelled weapons permit. As a realtor i am an independent contractor with the company. I was informed today that i cannot carry my weapon in any of their offices.

When i signed up, there was no mention of this and there was no waiver that i had to sign.

With all the "new" laws, are they allowed to do this?

Looking for answers,
Sidawony
Florida
Every workplace has written policies. Ask to see those policies.

Is the broker the owner of the company? If not, it's not his/her call. If yes, well, verbal policies are also binding.

Do you carry a briefcase (or something similar) with you? Keep it in there. If there is an actual policy, it's all about the wording.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 10-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6906 Times on 3833 Posts
Likes Given: 6645

guys, Look up the meaning of"

CONCEALED
!

Old 10-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #16
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1369 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 3476

I definitely know the meaning, but since I work for the Military on an installation, CCW permit is useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
guys, Look up the meaning of"

CONCEALED
!
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #17

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

For those not stuck on fed property.

CONCEALED IS CONCEALED.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

vincent Likes This 
Old 10-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #18

Yes, concealed is concealed. Is carrying worth your livelihood? Is it worth your freedom? Is it worth your life? It is a personal decision.

Mason609 Likes This 
Old 10-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #19
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1369 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 3476

Addendum to my previous post, just because I cannot carry my sidearm, does not mean that I go to work unarmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
For those not stuck on fed property.

CONCEALED IS CONCEALED.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur