Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Carry license in MA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Carry license in MA

So all who are familiar with MA know that one can get a restricted FID (pepper spray only), an FID (long arms), a LTC B (low capacity pistols and ability to transport only), a LTC A (high capacity and concealed carry), and the legendary Machine Gun License (no one gets this).

I have an FID and now that I am 21 want to apply for an LTC A. I talked with my hometown PD (Woburn, MA) and they informed me they will only issue me a maximum of a LTC B for sporting. Does this not seem like a violation on my rights if they refuse me an LTC A without due cause.

"Guns kill people.
Bull Sh*t!
Guns dont kill people, husbands who come home early kill people. The gun was just sitting there. So if guns kill people, that means I can blame my bad spelling on my pencil."
-Larry the Cable Guy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2011, 06:12 PM   #2

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Yes, to me it does, but to the people of the "commonwealth" who year after year re-elect the same azzhats who write and pass these laws, no. According to them, you have no right to defend yourself. Get out while you can, you are waaaay outnumbered...I did.

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 11-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #3

The way I understand the law is that States can only pass laws as long as they do not violate Federal laws. By MA allowing a town PD to refuse a carry license is in direct violation of "right to BEAR arms" is it not. Bear=Carry, correct?

"Guns kill people.
Bull Sh*t!
Guns dont kill people, husbands who come home early kill people. The gun was just sitting there. So if guns kill people, that means I can blame my bad spelling on my pencil."
-Larry the Cable Guy

Old 11-30-2011, 10:56 PM   #4

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Depends who you ask. If you ask me, yes, the 2A is all the permit I should need, bear is to carry, but my friend, you're fighting an uphill battle with the Mazzholes that run the place. Our home state is one of the most ass-backwards places to enjoy full 2A rights, (or any 2A rights for that matter) right up there with NY, CA, IL, NJ and MD. A permit for pepper spray??? Outrageous, I thought it was bad when I lived there. Crimeinitaly you can buy pepper spray at the convenience stores here...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Last edited by vincent; 11-30-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 565 Times on 332 Posts
Likes Given: 3259

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip102 View Post
So all who are familiar with MA know that one can get a restricted FID (pepper spray only), an FID (long arms), a LTC B (low capacity pistols and ability to transport only), a LTC A (high capacity and concealed carry), and the legendary Machine Gun License (no one gets this).

I have an FID and now that I am 21 want to apply for an LTC A. I talked with my hometown PD (Woburn, MA) and they informed me they will only issue me a maximum of a LTC B for sporting. Does this not seem like a violation on my rights if they refuse me an LTC A without due cause.
I know this is 4 months old, but you should contact Gun Owner's Action League (goal.org). They can help persuade your PD chief to issue an LTC A.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere