Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Carrey mocks Heston (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/carrey-mocks-heston-87456/)

steve666 03-26-2013 11:46 AM

Carrey mocks Heston

I just read in an article that super-tool Jim Carrey has released a new video mocking the late Charlton Heston and gun-owners. Just another reason for me not to like him.

MattShlock 03-26-2013 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't give him internet hits by watching the real thing, watch this one minute news excerpt. His video is obviously SO not funny and not even childish, over-the-top, funny like Carrey was once upon a time. It is actually just bitter, cheap, false garbage. IMO he hasn't done anything really good since the first Pet Detective.

He left her to do that!?

DFlynt 03-26-2013 03:02 PM

Was Jim Carrey ever funny? :confused:

TruggieTex 03-26-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFlynt
Was Jim Carrey ever funny? :confused:

That talking out of his butt skit was pretty funny....but only once!
I see he is still doing it....

colmustard 03-26-2013 03:16 PM

Really sad, I was a fan of his. Loved dumb and dumber, cable guy and thought he had a come back with yes man. Weel no more money from this guy, he just lost a fan too.

MisterMcCool 03-26-2013 03:41 PM

I support any American's right to free speech even if I disagree with the content.... But this guy is Canadian.

Bigcountry02 03-26-2013 03:54 PM

They were talking on the news of Jim Carry news movie "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" is not doing so good!

Overkill0084 03-26-2013 03:55 PM

I enjoyed this take on the situation:

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/03/26/greg-gutfeld-slams-elitist-jim-carrey-for-mocking-rural-america-n1549376

Quote:

He is the most pathetic tool on the face of the earth nd I hope his career is dead, and he ends up sleeping in a car the way his life began. This video only made me want to go out and only buy a gun. He thinks this is biting satire and going after rural America and a dead man. Let’s talk about Charlton Heston. Charlton Heston was one of the first actors to be behind the civil rights movement and march. What did this jackass Jim Carrey do? He was behind the anti-vaccine panic. There are what, 165,000 people that died from measles last year, according to the World Health Organization…
He is a dirty, stinking coward. He is a moral coward. He did a video attacking rural America. But he wouldn’t do video about gangs, which kills way more people with handguns — he wouldn’t do that because he is worried about his career. Such a pathetic, sad, little freak. He is a jiberring mess. He is a modern bigot, he is a modern bigot. He is a bottomless pit of insecurity and the desire for acceptance is why he is doing this, because he knows in his heart he is a fraud.

Dennis845 03-26-2013 04:47 PM

If memory serves, this Canadian liberal applied for and received duel American citizenship not long ago.

What a "Joker"! Don't care for him personally or professionally and don't care what an "actor" has to say about anything in the real world. Why do so many people give credence to what "actors" think?

Overkill0084 03-26-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis845 (Post 1191308)
If memory serves, this Canadian liberal applied for and received duel American citizenship not long ago.

What a "Joker"! Don't care for him personally or professionally and don't care what an "actor" has to say about anything in the real world. Why do so many people give credence to what "actors" think?

I tend to think of much of the entertainment crowd as the modern equivalent of the court jesters. If you look at the typical resume of a Hollywood lefty, most of them would be unemployable outside the entertainment industry. Inasmuch as the left owns education, get used to the term "low information voter." Much of society has devolved into something that a roman coliseum worker would recognize. Give them shows to watch and free bread and you have their vote. Whether or not it's warranted is irrelevant, but the entertainment industry carries a lot of weight in public opinion. We ignore/discount it at our peril.