Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Can't stop the po po in Indiana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Wolf you taking a few bad experince with LEO's and saying there all bad i think. With everything in life you have to take the bad with the good. You cant expect to find nice cop's every where you go there are Millions of Leo's out there and they are not all good. Just like there are millions of burger flippers they are not good.

The bad usally get weeded out in the long run. Its very unfortunate you got jumped and that the police treated you that way. You cant sit there though and say that all Police abuse there powers.

The Leo's have a tough job to do they dont know who is a good guy till they get to the bottom with question's and checks. Yes they probably should of you needed some help after they found out you was ok, Did you ask for assistance? Did you tell them you wanted to file a report? I just hope you dont have a bad opinion of the Police because of a few bad exp of your own and other's. Remeber the news thrives on bad publicity you hardly ever hear of the good that police do every single day.

Posted by cddbrowns
All you young whipper snappers and your new fangled doo dads have no clue what real construction is.......GET OFF MY LAWN!

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Old 05-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #42

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

+1 on that FaTmAn, thumbs up

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 05-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #43

Liked 2200 Times on 1263 Posts
Likes Given: 1787

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTmAn View Post
Wolf you taking a few bad experince with LEO's and saying there all bad i think. With everything in life you have to take the bad with the good. You cant expect to find nice cop's every where you go there are Millions of Leo's out there and they are not all good. Just like there are millions of burger flippers they are not good.

The bad usally get weeded out in the long run. Its very unfortunate you got jumped and that the police treated you that way. You cant sit there though and say that all Police abuse there powers.

The Leo's have a tough job to do they dont know who is a good guy till they get to the bottom with question's and checks. Yes they probably should of you needed some help after they found out you was ok, Did you ask for assistance? Did you tell them you wanted to file a report? I just hope you dont have a bad opinion of the Police because of a few bad exp of your own and other's. Remeber the news thrives on bad publicity you hardly ever hear of the good that police do every single day.
OK, there ya go. But without going on and on, my personal experiences

have generally been less than laudable. Do you really think I just woke up one

day, and decided "Hey! I just think I'll suddenly start disliking LEOs!" ??

Old 05-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #44

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I was the op in all this. It has gone a different direction than I thought it would. Just to clarify where I stand my father in law retired as a captain from one of the largest sheriff's departments in the state. He then served as sheriff in my home county for two terms. I've worked with the highway patrol, city, and county sheriff departments very closely for well over 20 years. I've helped deputies subdue suspects, been part of their bit*h sessions, and made friends with a bunch of them. Yes, there are some who aren't the nicest people you will find, but that is true in any profession.

I think the anger and outrage should be leveled at the court. It is my oppinion that the case that was decided was flagrantly unlawful and should have been ruled so. The cops who were involved should have been given whatever is due for that offense and the fourth amendment reconfirmed. Every time a right is weakened it pulls all of our rights down as well. We are on a very slippery slope in the coming years as cases similar to this are adjudicated.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Well said fireguy. Thumbs up.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #46
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

+1, fireguy.

Our courts are definitely part of the problem, making cops' lives harder and making everyones' lives harder in turn.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:18 AM   #47

I am sure "probable cause" is well understood by everyone here. If a cop has reason to believe a crime is committed he's gonna do something and you have no right to stop him.

The 4th amendment argument is great but in the "world" the cops are going to cite probable cause and do what they do.

Resisting apolice officer is always going to get you in trouble that lasts a lifetime whether the cop is exceeding his authority or not, they will make it stick.