Can't stop the po po in Indiana - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Can't stop the po po in Indiana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5736 Times on 3361 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Group hug?

Scubie, take a breath; you know that not everyone likes LEO's for whatever reasons. When i was an auditor for the state tax commission, i took that attitude as part of the job; i mean who likes tax auditors?

Guys, remember that DZScubie is one of the good guys trying to keep that border secure.

If you are a good cop, then you might not be exposed to bad examples as often as others. On the other hand, a LEO probably meets a lot more LEO's than the average Joe. Let's just call it a push, eh?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 05-18-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #32

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Im down for group hugs.

Lets just say this any where you go any walk of life you lead there are good an bad in both. You have your good citezen's and your good police on the same coin you have your bad citezens and your bad police. citeznes and police are not all good and not all bad. Police have a tough job of trying to wade through the crap of the world they work in trying to figure out who's good and who's bad. To enforce the laws of the land. We all know police have sometimes had there hands tied because of some stupid law and some real bad people have gotten away because of these law's people want to cry LEO isnt doing there job's when that happen. But when a police officer does there job he supposedly is breaking the law. Police is called to the apartment for a domestic abuse situation he has cause to enter the property to check on the well being of the people in the house. Cop pulls you over smells weed smoke thats pretty much all the cause he needs to search your vehicle. At least thats what i beleave

Old 05-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Idiot Judges.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
Crazy news from the state where my family came from. The Indiana supreme court idiotically rules that a citizen does not have a right to resist an illegal entry to their home by the police. The fourth amendment has died a little more, here folks.

Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home
Some times these a$$$ holes get elected to the bench, and I for one think that thats where they ought to be...... Sitting on the bench and not playing on the Court....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 05-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #34

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Anyone remember the cops that arrested on of Obomas buddies? He was a professor somewhere back east. The cop"acted stupidly". I would have maced the prick and then tased him............ That being said, I have been on both sides of the door and I don't know one LEO that would be real anxious to barge in unannounced in my neck of the woods. BUt I would ask them in for a cup of coffee anytime.

Last edited by oldshooter; 05-18-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #35

Liked 2607 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
You keep saying that "I speak from experience", so tell me give me the details in a pm and I'll see if your talking truth or talking from your south end. I'm speaking from 36 years of walking the walk and doing the job and I have put my credentials up for members of this forum to determin y if I'm a poser or real. You have put forth nothing to support your claims except your comments that "I speak from experience". So tell you what put up or shut up.

You can disagree all you want but you don't provide facts then your just a blow hard spouting hot air.

Scubie
Yanno, at least a mob thug admits to himself who's side he's really on.

Strange, according to you, I'm such a horrific person, yet my record's

clean enough to merit a CCW permit...

I'm sorry, did I espouse an objective opinion, based on years of

experience by a trained Navy observer? Well, if it disagrees with the

sanctified perfection of the police state,

I'm sorry,

It's all my fault,

and it'll never happen again.

Last edited by therewolf; 05-18-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I don't think too many people here would disagree that a cop busting down a door to save someone he or she believes is in physical danger is a bad thing.

But that's not what this ruling is about. The judge said it is unlawful to resist ANY entry, lawful or not, by police whether they announce themselves or have a warrant or not.
That's the real issue at hand, the abridgement of the Fourth Amendment.

In Sacramento, now thankfully in my rearview mirror, there have been home invasions by thugs posing as the police.

I also have serious concerns about the continuing militarization of the police.

It should be apparent from my record here that I support the police. However, as police power grows and abuses of the Constitution become more and more frequent, my trust wanes.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-19-2011, 03:57 AM   #37

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I've stopped traffic violators before who start our contact right off the bat by telling me how tired they are of being "harassed" by "all of you", when I ask them who is harassing them and when, most of the time they haven't even been stopped in my jurisdiction before, yet "all police" have been "harassing" them.

This is never the best way to make a favorable impression with anybody, much less a LEO whose just stopped you for blatantly violating the law right in front of them, i.e. running through a stop sign without so much as even slowing down, forcing the officer or anyone else with the right-of-way to slam on their brakes to keep from hitting you when you failed to yield the r-o-w, etc.

I've violated my share of traffic laws in the past and been stopped for some of them, I deserved to be stopped each and every time, and when cited I deserved them. I never once thought I was being harassed because the officers were simply doing their jobs.

I'm not saying this has happened to anyone here, but merely making a general observation. I've seen very few heavy handed LEOs in my 21 years wearing a badge, they never last very long. If you've got this many heavy handed officers in your area, document what they're doing and complain to their chief, if he/she won't listed complain to the mayor, if necessary to the state attorney general's office.

Unfortunately there have been and no doubt are some corrupt departments, or the majority of officers are anyway. They are in the small minority and always get shut down eventually. As with any other profession, or organization, there are the majority who're good and a few who're bad. To me there's nothing worse than somebody who betrays the public trust, be they LEO, judge, politician, pastor, teacher or anything else.

In closing, it does no good to gripe and complain unless you're willing to complain officially with documentation to someone able to stop them. That said, I totally disagree with this judges ruling and don't believe it will be upheld by the SCOTUS, if it goes that far.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:12 AM   #38

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Yanno, at least a mob thug admits to himself who's side he's really on.

Strange, according to you, I'm such a horrific person, yet my record's

clean enough to merit a CCW permit...

I'm sorry, did I espouse an objective opinion, based on years of

experience by a trained Navy observer? Well, if it disagrees with the

sanctified perfection of the police state,

I'm sorry,

It's all my fault,

and it'll never happen again.
And yet you offer no examples from "your experiences". I have met far more good cops than bad cops. I have met far more bad teachers than good teachers. I have met more arsholes in regular walks of life than any one profession.

I think you just have a problem with authority figures. I used to be the same way until I grew up.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-19-2011, 04:52 AM   #39

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo45 View Post
I've stopped traffic violators before who start our contact right off the bat by telling me how tired they are of being "harassed" by "all of you", when I ask them who is harassing them and when, most of the time they haven't even been stopped in my jurisdiction before, yet "all police" have been "harassing" them.

This is never the best way to make a favorable impression with anybody, much less a LEO whose just stopped you for blatantly violating the law right in front of them, i.e. running through a stop sign without so much as even slowing down, forcing the officer or anyone else with the right-of-way to slam on their brakes to keep from hitting you when you failed to yield the r-o-w, etc.

I've violated my share of traffic laws in the past and been stopped for some of them, I deserved to be stopped each and every time, and when cited I deserved them. I never once thought I was being harassed because the officers were simply doing their jobs.

I'm not saying this has happened to anyone here, but merely making a general observation. I've seen very few heavy handed LEOs in my 21 years wearing a badge, they never last very long. If you've got this many heavy handed officers in your area, document what they're doing and complain to their chief, if he/she won't listed complain to the mayor, if necessary to the state attorney general's office.

Unfortunately there have been and no doubt are some corrupt departments, or the majority of officers are anyway. They are in the small minority and always get shut down eventually. As with any other profession, or organization, there are the majority who're good and a few who're bad. To me there's nothing worse than somebody who betrays the public trust, be they LEO, judge, politician, pastor, teacher or anything else.

In closing, it does no good to gripe and complain unless you're willing to complain officially with documentation to someone able to stop them. That said, I totally disagree with this judges ruling and don't believe it will be upheld by the SCOTUS, if it goes that far.
Davo, thanks for being the way you are and thanks for your service.

I have never tried to argue my way out of a ticket, or denied that I had just done what I had done.

I am a polite, respectful guy. Clean cut, well dressed and no tatts. Usually in a nice, but not flashy car.

Every time I have been pulled over, I roll all the windows down, turn on the interior lights, turn the ignition off, keep my eyes forward and my hands gripping the top of the steering wheel. I do not assume anything, and explain every movement to the officer while asking permission to get them what they want, and explaining where it is (wallet is in front pocket, registration is in the glove box, etc). LAPD still generally gets abusive, while the CHP generally remains chill. SOME cops are just on a power trip, and we have a lot of them in LA.

My shooting partner, and lifelong friend, is a cop and works an area that borders another agency's jurisdiction.

One night he and his partner saw flashers off in the distance so they drove up (in a marked black and white) to investigate. They saw 2 cruisers from the neighboring agency pulled off the side of the road with the light bars lit up and 3 or 4 cops standing at the side of the road. They pulled up and asked if everything was Code 4, or if they could help. The other cops glared at them for a bit and then told them to "Phuck Off!".

That agency has pulled over and ticketed officers driving marked patrol cars from my friend's agency for going less than 5 MPH over the posted speed limit. Including his Chief who was on his way to a meeting with the other Chief.

Another time, my friend was pulled over on his way home from work (personal car, but with agency registration) by another agency in one of those 30MHP to 25MPH speed traps we all love so much. He had his credentials in his hand as the openly belligerent officer walked up to his car. My friend announced that he was an armed, off duty PoPo, at which point the other officer drew his pistol, pointed it at my buddy and told him if he moved that he was dead. My buddy was showing bis badge and ID at the time.

So, while the majority of LEOs are committed to doing a great job, there are a growing number that like their power just a little too much. Laws like the one in Indiana don't affect the rank and file. But laws like that embolden the ones who will abuse their new found power.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #40

Liked 2607 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

OK how about the time I was savagely beaten by an LA gang,

only to have an encounter with local LE shortly afterwards, as I

was limping home, bleeding, with a concussion. The treatment

of the LEOs at the time was less than sympathetic, as I was

questioned, searched, tested for DUI, and never once offered

medical attention for a large variety of fresh cuts and bruises.

A few minutes later, a couple of blocks away, as I was trying to

cross the street, the same patrol car sped up, as if to run me down,

and I could hear the cops in the cruiser cackling hysterically at my

attempt to scurry across the street to cringe behind a phone pole

as they drove away.

Got any glib explanations for that one? I could do this all day.

Of course, I expect this to be deleted soon, it always is, for one excuse or

another. But I do believe it's exactly what YOU GUYS ASKED FOR...

Last edited by therewolf; 05-19-2011 at 04:58 PM.