Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Can't stop the po po in Indiana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 01:15 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I'm not picking sides in your dispute, but were it not for the cops illegally entering a home, this case would never have made it to court and this ruling would never have been made.

The actions of a few cops don't speak for all cops, certainly.

But there may well come a time when LEOs and military might need to make a choice: follow orders, or obey the law. It wouldn't be the first time this happened.

Tell you what BKT, from what I have read of the incident that sparked this stupid ruling, in Texas the officers could possible been within the law to enter the apartment. In Texas if you are dispatched on a domestic violence call and you see a man/woman push a woman/man into an apartment and refuses to let you in to talk to the woman/man the police have an obligation to use what force necessary to enter the apartment to ensure the woman/man is safe and well.

The article does not give enough information for anyone, me or you, to say if it was an illegal entry so we can only go on the court ruling. And with this court’s ruling I would be suspect on their findings on the illegality of the police’s entry.

Scubie

Old 05-17-2011, 01:37 AM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
I have met only a handful of DSOB’s that I don’t think should have worn the badge. To a man or woman they have worked their job with one objective and that was to help people, keep them safe and be there when people needed them.
I absolutely agree! 99% of the cops I've ever dealt with have been very polite and professional. I've only dealt with one that was on a 'you shut the hell up, I'm the f-ing man' type of power trip. I did have one give me a bogus speeding ticket years ago, but he was an exception (I deserved all the other tickets I've gotten.) and should not be used as measure of the majority of LEOs.

Quote:
I listen to y’all talk and bad mouth those same people and most of the time I just let it go and move on.
Same problem here as the generalization made by the cop bashers...This site is exceptionally LEO friendly/supportive. I've rarely seen someone bad mouth cops on FTF.

Keep up the good work Scubie! Your type is respected here!
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Last edited by Jesse17; 05-17-2011 at 01:39 AM.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:18 AM   #23

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Well, it’s not the first time some self serving alarmist who sees ghost in the mist claims that all cops are is a tool of Big Brother. In my 37 years (I’ve gained a year) of being a LEO I have worked with hundreds of officers from city to county to state and federal officers from all over the United States and in that time I have met only a handful of DSOB’s that I don’t think should have worn the badge. To a man or woman they have worked their job with one objective and that was to help people, keep them safe and be there when people needed them. I listen to y’all talk and bad mouth those same people and most of the time I just let it go and move on. You don’t like the laws then change them, cops can’t. You don’t like speed limits well change them, cops can’t. You talk like cops are the bad guys, yeah there are some that should not be wearing a badge, but it is unfair and downright idiotic to put us in the same category as criminals and I for one am sick and tired of it. Without laws this great country would not be here as the rule of law is the only thing keeping society polite. Don’t believe me? Just go to any inner city and see how it works when people don’t pay attention to law and do what they want. You want to live in that type you go ahead I don’t. You don’t like laws then tell the politicians not the cops, cops don’t make the law and they enforce the law of the land.

Yes, I don’t do things that I know are wrong and I will not follow orders on things that are in violation of the constitution, but I also don’t disillusion myself into thinking I know everything (unlike some on this forum) and realize that there is not perfect world and just letting everyone do whatever they want will not solve our problems. That’s not utopia….. it’s anarchy.

Scubie
HUGE thumbs up!!!

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-17-2011, 05:05 AM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I am in total dis-agreement with any Court in any State or Federal capacity saying the police can just come in to your private property, with or without reason. It is a blatant contradiction to the Fourth Amendment.

With that being said, if an officer responds to a call and suspects a person is/has been assaulted, then they, IMO, have a responsibility to make confirmation. Waiting for a warrant in such a case could possibly cost someone either bodily harm or death.

A blanket judgement saying it is illegal to resist illegal search is plain unconstitutional.

I have the utmost respect for the members of law enforcement, although, as stated, some should never put on a badge. Some LEOs do get a bit overzealous with the authority, but I think that is mostly the newer/younger LEOs.

I don't agree with some of the smash and storm military style tactics used, unless they know who EXACTLY is in the building, tensions run high and confusion can rule in a split second, with innocents paying with their lives.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #25
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Tell you what BKT, from what I have read of the incident that sparked this stupid ruling, in Texas the officers could possible been within the law to enter the apartment. In Texas if you are dispatched on a domestic violence call and you see a man/woman push a woman/man into an apartment and refuses to let you in to talk to the woman/man the police have an obligation to use what force necessary to enter the apartment to ensure the woman/man is safe and well.

The article does not give enough information for anyone, me or you, to say if it was an illegal entry so we can only go on the court ruling. And with this court’s ruling I would be suspect on their findings on the illegality of the police’s entry.

Scubie
I don't think too many people here would disagree that a cop busting down a door to save someone he or she believes is in physical danger is a bad thing.

But that's not what this ruling is about. The judge said it is unlawful to resist ANY entry, lawful or not, by police whether they announce themselves or have a warrant or not.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #26

Liked 2403 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 1891

I'm sorry, guys am I speaking based on my

years of personal experience dealing with heavy handed,

arrogant, insensitive, goons in blue uniforms who are always

sanctimoniously self-assured?

It certainly breaks my heart you were burdened with my

observation. Kindly excuse me for any discomfiture it may have

caused YOU for my having been personally abused by these

drooling, sadistic, poltroons.

As I live and breathe, perdon' moi...

Last edited by therewolf; 05-18-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
I'm sorry, guys am I speaking based on my

years of personal experience dealing with heavy handed,

arrogant, insensitive, goons in blue uniforms who are always

sanctimoniously self-assured?

It certainly breaks my heart you were burdened with my

observation. Kindly excuse me for any discomfiture it may have

caused YOU for my having been personally abused by these

drooling, sadistic, poltroons.

As I live and breath, perdon' moi...

Sure buddy, this comes from your years of personal experience, so what where you doing over these “extensive” dealings with the police? Oh, that’s right they were “picking” on you, they probable just did not like your looks. I’ll bet you were doing something to bring yourself to their attention and if your attitude is reflective of your writing here on the forum then you were an arrogant, insensitive, obnoxious, prick and they probable reacted to your behavior.

Again I say you’re just a whining little boy who doesn’t like anyone telling him what to do. Personally if you carry you’re an accident waiting to happen.

Scubie

Old 05-18-2011, 04:49 AM   #28
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1698 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 3474

YouTube - Indiana Supreme Court Is WRONG! If Cops Don't Have A Warrant DON'T OPEN YOUR DOOR!

Old 05-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #29

Liked 2403 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 1891

Quote:
Sure buddy, this comes from your years of personal experience, so what where you doing over these “extensive” dealings with the police? Oh, that’s right they were “picking” on you, they probable just did not like your looks. I’ll bet you were doing something to bring yourself to their attention and if your attitude is reflective of your writing here on the forum then you were an arrogant, insensitive, obnoxious, prick and they probable reacted to your behavior.

Again I say you’re just a whining little boy who doesn’t like anyone telling him what to do. Personally if you carry you’re an accident waiting to happen.

Scubie
Strange, I'm speaking from experience, and your response seems A LOT

like the standard LEO response I get. I'm glad you always think you're so

right about everything.

I'm sure everybody you deal with appreciates the consistency of your attitude, also.

Once again, kindly forgive me for disagreeing with YOU...

Old 05-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Strange, I'm speaking from experience, and your response seems A LOT

like the standard LEO response I get. I'm glad you always think you're so

right about everything.

I'm sure everybody you deal with appreciates the consistency of your attitude, also.

Once again, kindly forgive me for disagreeing with YOU...

You keep saying that "I speak from experience", so tell me give me the details in a pm and I'll see if your talking truth or talking from your south end. I'm speaking from 36 years of walking the walk and doing the job and I have put my credentials up for members of this forum to determin if I'm a poser or real. You have put forth nothing to support your claims except your comments that "I speak from experience". So tell you what put up or shut up.

You can disagree all you want but you don't provide facts then your just a blow hard spouting hot air.

Scubie