Can't stop the po po in Indiana - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Can't stop the po po in Indiana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Not only does it set a terrible precedent but it will further endanger LEO's who become emboldened by it.

More and more it's looking like US against them ... and I honestly think that is just what the Govt wants

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 05-15-2011, 01:10 AM   #12

Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Not only does it set a terrible precedent but it will further endanger LEO's who become emboldened by it.

More and more it's looking like US against them ... and I honestly think that is just what the Govt wants
The Left thrives on "us vs them" mentality. They derive a lot strength from their promotion of class warfare.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #13

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texgunner View Post
The Left thrives on "us vs them" mentality. They derive a lot strength from their promotion of class warfare.
Exactly.....

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-15-2011, 02:06 AM   #14

Liked 178 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I have had a respected LEO tell me this actually further restricts LEOs, not empowering them, but I didn't get quite a full description of how that would possibly work. had many other street cops seem to think this is either a good thing or business as usual, only one or two thoguht it was over reaching.
Oh well, I hope this gets appealed to SCOTUS and overturned before someone gets hurt because of it.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:13 AM   #15

Like somebody else said, if somebody kicks in my door, I dont care who they are, I will open fire with either the 12 gauge or whatever pistol I happen to have closest to me.

Out in the sticks with the squirrels and the ticks and my 30-06

Old 05-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

This decision is being discussed on another forum i visit, and a familiar court case was posted. The Case of Cory Maye - Reason Magazine

On the other forum, a comment was made that seemed to generalize this towards MS. I don't find that to be fair, though i have seen some seriously flawed LEO work here. This case wasn't far away in any sense.

BTW, my step-nephew had an article in that magazine not so long ago; he is an excellent writer, IMO.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #17

Liked 2484 Times on 1420 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

Yeah, WHEN the revolution comes, (oh yeah,it's coming)

LEOs are going to have to choose between their

family, neighbors, and friends, OR the police state for which they stand.

Not a choice I for which I envy them, to say the least.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #18

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Yeah, WHEN the revolution comes, (oh yeah,it's coming)

LEOs are going to have to choose between their

family, neighbors, and friends, OR the police state for which they stand.

Not a choice I for which I envy them, to say the least.

Give me a break!!! police state they stand for my a**. I don't agree with this ruling myself but in reality it is the judges that did this sh*t not the police. Therewolf, my impression is your just full of anti-anything that dosen't let you do whatever you want and because the police are there to stop you you post dribble like your last post.

Scubie

Old 05-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #19
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Give me a break!!! police state they stand for my a**. I don't agree with this ruling myself but in reality it is the judges that did this sh*t not the police. Therewolf, my impression is your just full of anti-anything that dosen't let you do whatever you want and because the police are there to stop you you post dribble like your last post.

Scubie
I'm not picking sides in your dispute, but were it not for the cops illegally entering a home, this case would never have made it to court and this ruling would never have been made.

The actions of a few cops don't speak for all cops, certainly.

But there may well come a time when LEOs and military might need to make a choice: follow orders, or obey the law. It wouldn't be the first time this happened.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:07 AM   #20

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well, it’s not the first time some self serving alarmist who sees ghost in the mist claims that all cops are is a tool of Big Brother. In my 37 years (I’ve gained a year) of being a LEO I have worked with hundreds of officers from city to county to state and federal officers from all over the United States and in that time I have met only a handful of DSOB’s that I don’t think should have worn the badge. To a man or woman they have worked their job with one objective and that was to help people, keep them safe and be there when people needed them. I listen to y’all talk and bad mouth those same people and most of the time I just let it go and move on. You don’t like the laws then change them, cops can’t. You don’t like speed limits well change them, cops can’t. You talk like cops are the bad guys, yeah there are some that should not be wearing a badge, but it is unfair and downright idiotic to put us in the same category as criminals and I for one am sick and tired of it. Without laws this great country would not be here as the rule of law is the only thing keeping society polite. Don’t believe me? Just go to any inner city and see how it works when people don’t pay attention to law and do what they want. You want to live in that type you go ahead I don’t. You don’t like laws then tell the politicians not the cops, cops don’t make the law and they enforce the law of the land.

Yes, I don’t do things that I know are wrong and I will not follow orders on things that are in violation of the constitution, but I also don’t disillusion myself into thinking I know everything (unlike some on this forum) and realize that there is not perfect world and just letting everyone do whatever they want will not solve our problems. That’s not utopia….. it’s anarchy.

Scubie