Canada transport permits

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Canada transport permits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 04:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 3

Default Canada transport permits

Can anyone help me out with this ? I'm applying for a restricted firearm, which can take a few months if you're unlucky. I just found out you need an ATT ( Authorization To Transport ) permit ontop of a license supposedly to transport your gun anywhere. Can any Canadians tell me if this includes taking it home from the store ? I hope not, because u need to get you PAL before you can apply for an ATT and it probably takes a stupid amount of time. I'm wondering if I could get a friend with an ATT to transport it home for me ...
I feel like hitting something hard. this red tape is really infuriating.

marlin 1895sbl, g 30sf, wilson KZ45, & more
hoplophobia. : irrational fear of weapons as opposed to people.
odd : " oppositional defiance disorder. ", AKA having a spine. me to a tee.

... if the mafia was any bigger, it'd be our govt.
god guts gold guns, yeehaw
NAGR>NRA
45≠fat

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9514 Times on 4094 Posts
Likes Given: 1494

Tailypoe- am NOT Canadian, so take my advice with a large grain of salt-

As I understand your laws, you MUST have an ATT to transport a restricted firearm ANYWHERE. Yes, that would include taking it home. Your friend cannot take it home for you unless he also has the registration paperwork on that gun.

You need to talk directly to YOUR gun regulators. 1 800-731-4000 (for Canada and the United States) and get the correct info from them.

Trust me- even if we were talented amateurs on this subject, you want an answer from professionals.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:51 AM   #3

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Tailypoe- am NOT Canadian, so take my advice with a large grain of salt-

As I understand your laws, you MUST have an ATT to transport a restricted firearm ANYWHERE. Yes, that would include taking it home. Your friend cannot take it home for you unless he also has the registration paperwork on that gun.

You need to talk directly to YOUR gun regulators. 1 800-731-4000 (for Canada and the United States) and get the correct info from them.

Trust me- even if we were talented amateurs on this subject, you want an answer from professionals.
Yeah, the government has the final say.
... but there's a lot they will hide form you.
marlin 1895sbl, g 30sf, wilson KZ45, & more
hoplophobia. : irrational fear of weapons as opposed to people.
odd : " oppositional defiance disorder. ", AKA having a spine. me to a tee.

... if the mafia was any bigger, it'd be our govt.
god guts gold guns, yeehaw
NAGR>NRA
45≠fat