Can they take away your AR
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Can they take away your AR

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 04:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Can they take away your AR

When all this BS blows over and say the AR type weapons are not band, but are at a later date they are. Can they take them away from you, or once you have one it's yours no mater what new laws are enacted. Can they say you must turn it in and we will give you $25 for it, but if we catch you with it after a specific date you go to jail.

I not really a gun person. I just have a 7 MM mag and a Winchester 223 bolt action.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-24-2012, 04:26 AM   #2

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I think they could but I think they will just ban future sales of pistol grip rifles, mag capacities, gunshow loop holes, and more back round checks

Old 12-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
At least my puppy loves me.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1842 Times on 1020 Posts
Likes Given: 5489

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA5ROW View Post
When all this BS blows over and say the AR type weapons are not band, but are at a later date they are. Can they take them away from you, or once you have one it's yours no mater what new laws are enacted. Can they say you must turn it in and we will give you $25 for it, but if we catch you with it after a specific date you go to jail.

I not really a gun person. I just have a 7 MM mag and a Winchester 223 bolt action.
Taking them away would happen in a less obvious way.
Reclassify them and demand a $200 tax stamp.
Restrict them to LE and Military, making it illegal for you to own one.
Your guns would most likely WOULD NOT be affected, .. .. .. this time.

But clearly, these politicians fear any guns in citizens hands.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:32 AM   #4
At least my puppy loves me.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1842 Times on 1020 Posts
Likes Given: 5489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
I think they could but I think they will just ban future sales of pistol grip rifles, mag capacities, gunshow loop holes, and more back round checks
Your optimism amazes me. Do you think it would stop here ^^^^^^ ?

Old 12-24-2012, 04:39 AM   #5

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
Your optimism amazes me. Do you think it would stop here ^^^^^^ ?
I think they are gunna take some steps.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #6

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 490

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA5ROW View Post

They can try anything they want...some will comply, some will die in opposition...most will simply ignore the laws and watch the system collapse. No practical way they can track down and confiscate millions of "outlawed" rifles. Strip them down to parts and bury the lower...its the only part they can conceivably prove you once purchased. Want to guess how many "off the books" lower receivers exist today...how many will exist after a ban?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 12-24-2012 at 05:20 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-24-2012, 05:29 AM   #7

Liked 83 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

They could try but somehow I think that plan would end up badly for the confiscators!

Old 12-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2940 Times on 1532 Posts
Likes Given: 261

Of course they can try, but that would end badly for us all. Instead of fretting over what MAY be, contact your elected representatives and let your voice be heard.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Closed Thread